Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
No, giving to the church is not ALWAYS spiritual. Giving to the LORD is spiritual. After the fact there is something about feeling taken advantage of after the emphasis and thrust has NOT been giving to the Lord but the outright statement of "Lets Pay off the Church" and that is what this Men's retreat is all about (really) under the guise of empowering men...for all those reasons men need to be spiritually empowered.

Like I said it was contrived upon reflection. Get the men away from their wives, put them in a vulnerable mindset under a spiritual haze, set your speaker on some higher spiritual plane (because he sees angels), cater to the upper crust, and then when the timing is just right, have them open their wallets.

I have been part of many many many fundrasing stunts, and sincere spiritual giving. I DO know the difference.

I have never known of a pentecostal service or event that has had that much planning and forthought put into it.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

Question Re: ((NewsFlash)) RL Mitchell back Preaching in th

I knew and heard Robert L Mitchell many years ago. He prophesied things that never came to pass. My husband also preached for him before his (Mitchell's) fall. Robert L Mitchell is currently preaching in Hopkinsville KY at Life Tabernacle UPC pastored by Anthony Gally and Bishop Gerald Adams. I had heard about his 'holy sweat' from preachers/people who had attended these services. He proclaims that he has holy sweat and by running envelopes across his forehead that they become annointed. He asks people to put their money in them as 'seed' money for a blessing. It's all about money for his ministry...why is this being allowed to happen? All of this is not hear-say...I watched the service first hand tonight via computer and what I had heard was verified. I've also heard about 'holy oil' dripping from preacher's hands in the past...my question to you is this..."Where is this substantiated in the Bible?

Last edited by priceright; 05-18-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: ((NewsFlash)) RL Mitchell back Preaching in th

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceright View Post
I knew and heard Robert L Mitchell many years ago. He prophesied things that never came to pass. My husband also preached for him before his (Mitchell's) fall. Robert L Mitchell is currently preaching in Hopkinsville KY at Life Tabernacle UPC pastored by Anthony Gally and Bishop Gerald Adams. I had heard about his 'holy sweat' from preachers/people who had attended these services. He proclaims that he has holy sweat and by running envelopes across his forehead that they become annointed. He asks people to put their money in them as 'seed' money for a blessing. It's all about money for his ministry...why is this being allowed to happen? All of this is not hear-say...I watched the service first hand tonight via computer and what I had heard was verified. I've also heard about 'holy oil' dripping from preacher's hands in the past...my question to you is this..."Where is this substantiated in the Bible?
I really wish folks wouldn't try and make some thing "holy" out of another man's personal fluids. That's what lead to all of the madness involving Brig. General Jack Ripper.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Banned

Wait, are they talking about "Robbie Mitchell?"

I'm so lost.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:59 AM
She makes me look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Wait, are they talking about "Robbie Mitchell?"

I'm so lost.
Nope...they are talking about Robbie Mitchell's dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Pelathais, I sure hope you don't get banned for telling the truth.

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Sweat?? Blech!!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

The verdict is still out in my mind on Bro. Mitchell. Without a doubt, he is a fund raiser. don't know if it's true, but I believe he made over $40K from our church and didn't leave anything behind.
I'm not going to mention what church I go to, because I have the best pastor in the UPC, and most likely in the world; but I believe people take advantage of him, and one of them was Bro. Mitchell.
I don't know why he was expelled from the UPC, but he still seems to be preaching in a lot of our churches.
All I know is, the early Christians certainly didn't believe in all this wealth and prosperity stuff: they were tortured and put to death for their faith. I have never been able to reconcile the issue of prosperity tied to tithing and the early church, who were great tithers, being put to death. maybe there is a sermon there.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

I am now your fan: I know the difference as well, (actually, all of these "faith" preachers have me suspicious. Pretty sure peter and Paul didn't specialize.) AND, if the UPC found it necessary to remove these two, (Bro. Clark & Bro. Mitchell) I am sure there was good reason and evidence. It is not repentance if you wait until you are caught to confess.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzcoach View Post
I am now your fan: I know the difference as well, (actually, all of these "faith" preachers have me suspicious. Pretty sure peter and Paul didn't specialize.) AND, if the UPC found it necessary to remove these two, (Bro. Clark & Bro. Mitchell) I am sure there was good reason and evidence. It is not repentance if you wait until you are caught to confess.
Confess what?

God still does miracles!
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.