Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Is a man of integrity like Brother Haymon trying to capitalize on this situation by thrusting his church into the mix?

Is a man of integrity like Brother Haymon making an attempt to take credit for something?

Like I said, I agree with you that it could have been worded a little differently, however, I wonder who was browsing the church site? Do they know the Haymons? What were they looking for when they came across this? I don't believe for one single minute that whoever developed the first post in this thread has no idea about Brother Haymon and set out to toss some dirt or sling some mud...
Okay....without skirting around the issue....

Thad, please comment.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
Okay....without skirting around the issue....

Thad, please comment.
Alice! Alice? Where are you Daniel??? Man up dog...
Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Alice! Alice? Where are you Daniel??? Man up dog...
Dan did not write the first post.

Several others have commented on this article. All I am going to say is, regardless of who wrote it, this is how it comes across. If it was Paula White who wrote the exact same thing...I believe the comments would be the same.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
without exception

Quote:
The people criticizing Brother Haymon are WAAAAAAAYYYYY off.

I consider Brother Haymon a friend of mine and you have to know his personality and his spirit in order to understand his perspective in this.

Actually I am surprised you didn't hammer him for not criticizing the fact that she left to go to a mainstream church.

SoCali you are off by light years in your comments!!!

I can hear Brother Haymon's voice in these comments saying that in effect, the experience she had in their church was her foundation of faith and furthermore gave her courage to act when she needed to act. There was no gloating because Brother Haymon is not given to that type of self aggrandizement.

Did you hear any of the interview or her press conference? I felt the Holy Ghost in her conviction that this episode has brought her closer to the Lord and that she had gone on a fast right after.

Did I say SoCali that you and Alice were way way off base...? I did? Ok then.

Carpenter: Thank you for the balanced, personal perspective.

The message I caught through the articles was: "If someone from our church hadn't reached out to her, invited her to church, helped begin her spiritual journey, she would have remained un-churched and not have been in that church service to give the aid she did".

Is it wrong to point out to the folks of your assembly that outreach works? That any effort to reach the lost has far-reaching positive effects?

IMHO

What conclusion do you draw
from a
Straightline
Old 12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I can hear Brother Haymon's voice in these comments saying that in effect, the experience she had in their church was her foundation of faith and furthermore gave her courage to act when she needed to act. There was no gloating because Brother Haymon is not given to that type of self aggrandizement.
What? Does he talk to you subliminally? Do you have some sort of psychic connection?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightline View Post

The message I caught through the articles was: "If someone from our church hadn't reached out to her, invited her to church, helped begin her spiritual journey, she would have remained un-churched and not have been in that church service to give the aid she did".

Is it wrong to point out to the folks of your assembly that outreach works? That any effort to reach the lost has far-reaching positive effects?

IMHO

from a
Straightline
This is an assumption. How do you know she was not already saved. Furthermore, she went to a charismatic church???? Hello!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staysharp View Post
What? Does he talk to you subliminally? Do you have some sort of psychic connection?
Read: I know the man well, he is a friend. I know his spirit, and I can hear his voice in my minds ear when I read what he wrote.

Don't be silly.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightline View Post

IMHO

from a
Straightline

I am pleased to say that for the first time ever...

We are connected by a
Straightline
Old 12-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Read: I know the man well, he is a friend. I know his spirit, and I can hear his voice in my minds ear when I read what he wrote.

Don't be silly.
Again, an assumption. Did he tell you he wrote it? There are plenty of people who take care of websites. Why don't you call and ask him if he wrote it and let everybody know.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Is a man of integrity like Brother Haymon trying to capitalize on this situation by thrusting his church into the mix?

Is a man of integrity like Brother Haymon making an attempt to take credit for something?

Like I said, I agree with you that it could have been worded a little differently, however, I wonder who was browsing the church site? Do they know the Haymons? What were they looking for when they came across this? I don't believe for one single minute that whoever developed the first post in this thread has no idea about Brother Haymon and set out to toss some dirt or sling some mud...
Carp, look, I started the thread and NO ONE set out to toss dirt. If so, who?This is a big News story across the nation and if there is a UPC/Apostolic church connected to such a story, it's going to be discussed.Everyone gave their opinion, i gave mine, you gave yours,etc
Dan is going to be Dan and you're not going to change that.Socali was not disrespectful. if so, show me where.