Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: Wedding Bells?

I suspect CM anticipated some flac for his choice. That may have factored into the short announcement. I dunno. But it likely cut back on what would have been, many well intentioned phone calls from conservatives within the UPC.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 06-23-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

Yes. I think he didn't antcipate the uproar that this would cause and they have attempted to keep it quiet. I was young when he & Priscilla were married but I do remember that their marriage was fairly quick also.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:29 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Funny story. CM was preaching a MO district Men's meeting about ten years ago... And was getting the crowd behind him en masse. I was one of the few that was not rising to my feet and cheering after each statement - I rarely have done that.

Sooo.... The dear elder veers into forbidden territory... And said those nonOneness Pentecostal Christians serve the same God and love Jesus as much as we do! He said "I know because I sing and preach for them (AOG) every year at their campmeetigs"

Well I was on my feet and cheering before I realized I was one of about ten that loved the statement. LOL Of course I think there was more but most were simply following the response shown by their leaders who were with them.
I would have been on my feet with you, Hoovie!!!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 06-23-2011, 08:37 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
She is driven by a passionate love for Christ and a strong desire to reach people. If you have met her you know that she has that something that you long for, a thirst for life, she is compared to Princess Diane, and some in Africa says she is like a white Oprah.

Rev. Brenda Lee’s evangelist goals are simply to love people, to encourage those who have lost their way in life she inspires every one she meets, she has been through divorces, the death of a husband, depression, rape, cancer, sickness, and many other losses in her life, and yet she has the gift of being a great giver, truly from her heart. Her passion for life is to help change one person at a time. When you hear that saying “to the world you may only be one person but to one person you may be the world. That’s how she is to be described.
Wow, she has lived a lot. May the Lord bless their lives together, in all the paths that he has set before them!!!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 06-24-2011, 06:58 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
3rdX
they did? It was just announced on Sunday that they were an item...
Yep - they are married.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 PM

rg, is hooked up! AFF Paparazzi!

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-24-2011, 04:14 PM
curious observer

July 29 there will be a friends and family event for carroll and brenda mcgruder
Old 06-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Christmas 2009

Is Bro. McGruder still a UPC pastor in Missouri?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Is Bro. McGruder still a UPC pastor in Missouri?
Yes, Senior Pastor they call him "Bishop".

Old 06-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Yes, Senior Pastor they call him "Bishop".
Is the church conservative standards-wise?
Closed Thread