Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Re: GNCM Conference @ Christ Church Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Oh I am sure. She votes party line as much as you. In fact we argue about that because If the Republicans say it she believes it, kinda like you only in reverse.

As much time as I have spent in Santa Maria I don't think I have ever been to Jocko's. Usually don't even eat out when I am there, somebody usually barbecues a tri tip.

I grew up there and I never ate there until our visit with them. I never ate at the Far Western in Guadalupe. The next time I go to Ca. we are stopping at the hitching post and the Far Western. We will take your mom and dad. You if we time it right.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
My bible has no columns or marginal ref. notes. I stopped using my Schofield bible years ago. I use a bible program that I can find scriptures by using a word in the scripture.
A trinnie probably wrote the code, eh? What Bible do you use, by the way? Publisher and model?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
He may well have received the HG but to my knowledge he refuses to let God guide him into all TRUTH. He said out of his own mouth people are saved without the HG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
So, you know for a fact that he REFUSES to let God guide him? I find that very interesting. You must know him very well then.........or you're just assuming that you're correct in your judgment.

Many people don't simply reject things out of hand. Many simply don't see things the ways others want them to see them.
yeah... hmm... I don't know Hayford from a hay rake, but I seriously doubt you could find a quote where he says, "...people are saved without the HG..."

In fact, Light, I'm so confident that I will give you a Brand New! PPH approved Bible of your choice (with or without margins and places to draw on) if you can produce such a quote from Jack Hayford.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
yeah... hmm... I don't know Hayford from a hay rake, but I seriously doubt you could find a quote where he says, "...people are saved without the HG..."

In fact, Light, I'm so confident that I will give you a Brand New! PPH approved Bible of your choice (with or without margins and places to draw on) if you can produce such a quote from Jack Hayford.
LOL!!! Not fair because this is a trick question. You know that in Light's paradigm he equates "saved without the HG" as "saved without speaking in tongues".

While I am sure Jack Hayford does not beleive people are "saved without the HG" he certainly would not consider the definition of "saved without the HG" the same as Light.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 08-25-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
LOL!!! Not fair because this is a trick question. You know that in Light's paradigm he equates "saved without the HG" as "saved without speaking in tongues".

While I am sure Jack Hayford does not beleive people are "saved without the HG" he certainly would not consider the definition of "saved without the HG" the same as Light.
You know, with the "gay thread" locked down we're not going to be able to have any hollering or fussing if you keep taking sides with the UC's.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post

Do you believe one can receive the HG without speaking in tongues?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

I'm sorry CC1 I meant to ask that question of pelathais.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
That doesn't mean we can't learn anything from him. I think he's a great man of God!
He not only is NOT a man of God he ain't even saved besides that he should be good.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
When it comes to integrity, Jack Hayford has it. We could all learn some things from him. I respect him as a man of God who is filled with the Holy Ghost!
The Pope is a Muslim.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Do you believe one can receive the HG without speaking in tongues?
Quote:
I'm sorry CC1 I meant to ask that question of pelathais.
What? Oh! Me? ... Sure.

You're on the ropes on at least two points here.

First, empirically define "speaking in tongues" in such a way as to set a gold standard that we can use worldwide to determine just who has truly "received" this and who has not. Since this is your standard of salvation I want a clear delineation between the "saved" and the "unsaved."

Next, bring me a surgeon with a scalpel, a bottle of Novocaine and a willing subject on the verge of "receiving" and we'll do an experiment. Even maimed, if he is sincere our subject will be "saved" - tongue or no tongue.