Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Communion at AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
for you women who cut your hair, FINE, but you don't have to be so condesending to the ones who hold fast to the old time teaching. that's not right and you know it
Oh, but they like a good cat fight. More and more people hate righteousness, Thad...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
Oh, but they like a good cat fight. More and more people hate righteousness, Thad...

I have to admit I like to watch a good cat fight and i like to cause one once in a while
Old 05-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Jerry Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I read this on someone's EC page.

As she was telling the story of how she took out her pins and un wound her hair, she started doing this on the platform. When she took the final pin out of her hair and let in un wind, it was like you could feel a wind hit you in the face. The whole place went wild...

Someone please tell me this doctrine isn't being preached all over the UPC still today.
I don't sell Amway, but I got to go to a Amway convention in Oklahoma City once... I seen this seen this same reaction at the Amway convention when they begin to talk about all the money you could make... I don't think it was God, but simply the Amway.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Supreme Queen Here

Quote:
Never fails, if things get boring around here, someone starts by presenting sour grapes then come all the tired innuendos and slaps on the back. That really takes a lot of talent, folks...

And for everyone who likes to dance with the devil, like, "Maybe it will help if my wife rubs her hair on my bat before the game," I haven't heard anything being preached or taught that this should be a proactive practice.

Grow up and graduate to the first grade...
Quote:
Then, everyone who wasn't there at the meeting has a comment...typically ethicless

Who knows if the opening post was even word for word from the website?? Who knows if the post was a correct representatinon of the events??

Shoe leather doesn't taste very well, people
Quote:
Then there is YOU!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelationist View Post
I don't sell Amway, but I got to go to a Amway convention in Oklahoma City once... I seen this seen this same reaction at the Amway convention when they begin to talk about all the money you could make... I don't think it was God, but simply the Amway.
I too have experienced such.

It would do some folks good to get out and see the world a bit. There are some wonderful crowd manipulators and "magicians" that use some strangely recognizable techniques.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Jellybean!

Quote:

I have not 'forsaken' anything with a decision to cut my hair, most especially holiness and righteousness. In fact, I believe the opposite has come to pass...I have a new and greater appreciation for these in my life.

I don't know of a single woman that is represented here on this forum that hates righteousness Jekyll.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
I have not 'forsaken' anything with a decision to cut my hair, most especially holiness and righteousness. In fact, I believe the opposite has come to pass...I have a new and greater appreciation for these in my life.
I don't know of a single woman that is represented here on this forum that hates righteousness Jekyll.
but.... this new and greater did not come to pass because of the haircut, right??? It simply speaks to other events and happenings in your life, right?

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Jellybean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
but.... this new and greater did not come to pass because of the haircut, right???
Lol...that would put us right back to square one, eh?

"Cutting your hair gives new revelation!!!!"
Old 05-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mrs View Post
Lol...that would put us right back to square one, eh?

"Cutting your hair gives new revelation!!!!"
I can see you now... at an anti-UPC convention, shaven bald and humming Blessed Assurance.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whollyHis View Post
I am 47 years old, and have never touched scissors to my hair. Does that make me 'Super Christian"? Not by a loong shot. I keep my hair uncut out of respect for my dadd and his ministry, and for the pastor's that I sat under, and out of obedience to my husband.

I do not think it gives me more power than anyone else, and neither do I look on in awe at a lady with loooong tresses dragging the floor, or getting caught in her legs as she walks. Most long-haired women that I know wear it wadded up in a knot on her neck-MOST unbecoming, I might add.

When I see that mass of hair, I do NOT think,"OH, what GLORY." I think, "My oh, my- what a burden for her. Poor thing".

Let's face it- long hair is cumbersome and a burden. It's a pain to wash, a pain to curl, and a pain to fix...it has caused me to shed many tears over the years.

I don't know of many Apostolic women that comb the knots out of their hair,and praise God the whole time they are combing...LOL
Sister, apparently you haven't realized that there's power, power, wonder working power, on the top, of your head. Tap into it Sister. Maybe if you let it all the way down and swing it around a few times you will get all that power stirred up, like a generator. BTW, I am not making fun of the fact that you have uncut hair. I know that different people have different convictions, so that's not even the issue here.
Closed Thread