Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-25-2016, 05:42 AM
Registered Member

Debate predictions

Hillary will tout her experience in international affairs and ask who the public would want answering the phone at 3 in the morning.

Trump should counter that all of that vast knowledge and experience in foreign affairs did not do those in Benghazi any good when the phone did ring at 3 in the morning, and that then she lied about it. He should keep going back to the thousands of lies, 30 counts of perjury, and ask the American people if this is the person wanting for dog catcher, much less President.

I believe these debates could make a difference.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:08 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Re: Debate predictions

Hillary has nothing. Her only hope is to goad Donald into a sound bite that becomes the news. She has to get him to go off script to say something insulting or something bizarre or something the shills in the media can exhaustively talk about all week. She has to do this because she is an awful, abysmal candidate. She has zero personality or charisma. She is not appealing. Her voice is monotone and boring. She has a ton of baggage of lies, deceptions, and corruption dragging along with her.

Lester Holt he moderator from NBC will be under a lot of pressure from his colleagues to really stick it to Trump. His fellow NBC Matt Lauer was excoriated by the cannibals in the press for asking Hillary tough questions about the emails and other spurious issues surrounding her in the town hall meeting a couple of weeks ago. Because Hillary looked bad, as she usually does in these types of forums, Lauer became the scapegoat. There is a good chance Holt will pull a "Candy Crowley" and not play the impartial moderator but assist Hillary if need be. She's going to need all the help she can get.

All Donald needs to do is be disciplined, stay on message, be positive, be nice, cast is vision for making America great again and he will win. But I predict the media will make much ado about something he says that they can blow out of proportion, and ignore the fact that Hillary has a huge credibility problem with the American people.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:55 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Hillary has nothing
But...but...but.....SCHIP!
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

I look for either Hillary or Holt to bring up the issue of the GOP Nominee illegally using non profit donations to pay off lawsuits and other things from his for profit businesses. The Democrats used it to hijack the IRS commissioner's hearing last week and I look for it to be brought up again. The IRS has an actual case and reason to revoke the status and it should.

I'm glad the two nobodies were kept out of the debates. Them being included would only have helped the GOP Nominee duck and cover.

Honestly, nothing new will be learned. It's going to be the same regurgitated junk we've heard over and over. If I have an opportunity to turn it on, I'll be watching to see what Holt does to bail Hillary out.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
All Donald needs to do is be disciplined, stay on message, be positive, be nice, cast is vision for making America great again and he will win.

In other words, use a body double. The GOP nominee has been none of those things and won't start being/doing any of those things tomorrow night.
Old 09-25-2016, 01:57 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Hillary has nothing. Her only hope is to goad Donald into a sound bite that becomes the news. She has to get him to go off script to say something insulting or something bizarre or something the shills in the media can exhaustively talk about all week.
This is all too predictable. The Don is going to get roasted by the media.

"Her only hope is to goad Donald into a sound bite"?!!!

And exactly how hard is that? While Hillary may perhaps be the most dishonest, possibly most corrupt person in America, The Donald is perhaps the most egotistical, arrogant, petty and petulant man in America, and the smallest remark will send him off into some epic juvenile retort the likes of which no presidential debate has seen, nor that anyone has ever seen since......all of the republican debates.

God help us if Hillary says Donald has small hands.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill

Last edited by Jason B; 09-25-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:21 PM
of 9!! :)

He will do fine! Lots of folks don't care diddly about what the so called "news" folks think or say anymore!
Old 09-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

His campaign has been different ever since Kelly Ann Connely came on board. He's been disciplined, on message, and his standings in the polls have changed for the better. I'm optimistic.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I'm optimistic.
Oh, that makes me feel better.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
This is all too predictable. The Don is going to get roasted by the media.

"Her only hope is to goad Donald into a sound bite"?!!!

And exactly how hard is that? While Hillary may perhaps be the most dishonest, possibly most corrupt person in America, The Donald is perhaps the most egotistical, arrogant, petty and petulant man in America, and the smallest remark will send him off into some epic juvenile retort the likes of which no presidential debate has seen, nor that anyone has ever seen since......all of the republican debates.

God help us if Hillary says Donald has small hands.
So, who are you voting for?