Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

I was told

I was told to take a stick of gum and put in my mouth! oh ok but I did write administration many people have emailed me privately and are just as shocked at the treatment I have been given by many of you, but just like I told the person who said I want pity, no all I asked for was prayer, and by the same token my whole church assembly does know my situation I thought joining this site was great, because of meeting other apostolics across the world, but this is site has hurt me and brought me down I wonder if this is the way Jesus felt when they were putting him down and beating him and then killing him, but he prayed for them didn't he! FATHER forgive them for they know not what they do, and please james chapter 3 speaks of the tongue being full of deadly poison, so do you think a message cant be full of poison! yes it can. I really hope that when any of you ask for prayer you will be granted it. SOME ONE PRAYED FOR ME! i have written administration and told them about this situation! maybe i didn't word my things right, but all i wanted from any of you was prayer! Is this the way we win souls, the bible says he who win souls is wise, and how can we win souls like this? But i never asked any of you for pity! now i feel like i never ever want to request prayer even in my church because of this but i know i will! we have god people there! But you write such mean things, you might as well just cuss me out for needing prayer. But it's ok THE LORD IS MY HELPER and i will always trust him, he will bring me threw! i have asked admintstration on how to delte my account because i don't want to be a part of this site anymore! after all if i wanted pity i sure would have never asked for prayer. and people can kill you spiritually and that evil tongue! how many people have nerve problems because of the tongue? how many people have ulcers because of the tongue? how many innocent children are abused because of the tongue? and many more instances! so i believe posts can do the same.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Re: I was told

GB, I am sorry your interaction here has not been to your satisfaction. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life upsetting you and you shouldn't let an internet forum be one more of those.

If AFF is adding to your frustration I would respectfully suggest you look elsewhere for the support you are looking for. I will oontinue to pray for you and your families situation as I know other good people on here will. If you choose to stay you must realize that you are likely to continue to have interactions with people that will not make you happy.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Re: I was told

God Bless All Here.