Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Unhappy Going totally deaf in my left ear.

Ok guys this is pretty sudden and pretty serious. Ive been slowly losing hearing and been having trouble understanding words at times...I can hear speech but sometimes it sounds garbled and I'm just not processing what is being said. Its had me having my wife repeat what she says especially when shes speaking and not facing me. Well in the last two days its gotten noticeably worse and today I can put my finger in my right ear and I can barely hear anything. There is a sensation like there is fluid in my ear or something...kinda like when you need to pop your ears but its only in my left side. I'm at work and really cant do anything except try and flush it out with saline and peroxide. I dont know if that will even help but long story short my left ear hearing has gone bye bye. Please pray for me. I'm going to the doctor Thursday because Ill be off then.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Going totally deaf in my left ear.

You need to go to an ENT. It could be a simple fix

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

What is an Ent?

Quote:
Ok guys this is pretty sudden and pretty serious.
Will be praying for you, buddy!

Last edited by Dordrecht; 09-13-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:10 AM
Go Dodgers!

Ear Nose Throat doctor

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:22 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

I was like "How is a giant walking tree going to help me?" Lol jk Yeah I have to find a ENT in my area...we just moved.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:14 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

UPDATE!!!!!

I found a youtube video where a guy had the same issues and uses a baby suction bulb to blast it out with warm water....it worked! I "repurposed" a OB kit from here at work that had a suction bulb in it and it worked after about 3 tries. Total and instant relief!
Old 09-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

I've been wearing RIC (receiver in canal) type hearing aids for the past six years. The daily putting them in, and taking them out of the ear canal can cause wax buildup on the eardrums. My ENT says the worst thing to do is spray water into a plugged up ear, you'll get an infection for sure. He has to vacuum mine out periodically. Quite an interesting sensation, lol, but the results are amazing. BTW, people who need hearing aids but are too proud to wear them are just plain crazy. I love these things. These aren't your grandpa's squealing and buzzing hearing aids. The technology today will blow you away. I can even stream my cell phone or other Bluetooth enabled device straight into my ears without wearing headphones. However, my wife says I still have "selective hearing." :-)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
UPDATE!!!!!

I found a youtube video where a guy had the same issues and uses a baby suction bulb to blast it out with warm water....it worked! I "repurposed" a OB kit from here at work that had a suction bulb in it and it worked after about 3 tries. Total and instant relief!
Glad to read your ear is better!
Old 09-15-2016, 02:13 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acjcpastor View Post
I've been wearing RIC (receiver in canal) type hearing aids for the past six years. The daily putting them in, and taking them out of the ear canal can cause wax buildup on the eardrums. My ENT says the worst thing to do is spray water into a plugged up ear, you'll get an infection for sure. He has to vacuum mine out periodically. Quite an interesting sensation, lol, but the results are amazing. BTW, people who need hearing aids but are too proud to wear them are just plain crazy. I love these things. These aren't your grandpa's squealing and buzzing hearing aids. The technology today will blow you away. I can even stream my cell phone or other Bluetooth enabled device straight into my ears without wearing headphones. However, my wife says I still have "selective hearing." :-)
I wear them. I use peroxide to get the ear wax out

Old 09-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
UPDATE!!!!!

I just saw this thread and am glad there was a happy ending. I am finding I must be losing some frequency range in my hearing as I can still hear things just fine as far as volume goes but it is harder for me to distinguish words. Not bad by any means but certainly different than before.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"