Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Hello aff devils

It's been a while since I last posted. Yes, yes, you've all been graced by my presence and should be grateful.

In all seriousness, I was thinking about something this morning. We usually make the comment about one day when we're in heaven, we're going to see (insert person's name here).

But have you really thought about it? I live in a city with a population of 210,000, and I can't even run into friends by accident in this city.

How in God's name are you going to see someone in heaven with a population of gazillion or more people?
Old 06-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Re: Hello aff devils

210k people? Hmmmm same population of my neighboring city...
Old 06-03-2019, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainWashed View Post
It's been a while since I last posted. Yes, yes, you've all been graced by my presence and should be grateful.

In all seriousness, I was thinking about something this morning. We usually make the comment about one day when we're in heaven, we're going to see (insert person's name here).

But have you really thought about it? I live in a city with a population of 210,000, and I can't even run into friends by accident in this city.

How in God's name are you going to see someone in heaven with a population of gazillion or more people?
Great question.

I have no idea. lol

Maybe being a spiritual state of being the ideas of placement and location won't be a consideration.

Or maybe we will simply "know" of one's presence and be able to find them, like having an internal "awareness" of sorts.

I'm sure greater minds might have far deeper ideas.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
210k people? Hmmmm same population of my neighboring city...
Hey Hometown,

You still local?
Old 06-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipas View Post
Great question.

I have no idea. lol

Maybe being a spiritual state of being the ideas of placement and location won't be a consideration.

Or maybe we will simply "know" of one's presence and be able to find them, like having an internal "awareness" of sorts.

Yeah, I kinda was thinking about that this morning. I think people like to have the idea of them being able to see someone again when there's a possibility they may never see someone again. Maybe some form of comfort? The bible reads we'll be like the angels of God. I kinda wonder what his angels do. Do they just stand in God's presence and worship? I know we'll be with God for eternity, but doing exactly what........that would be interesting to know.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey Hometown,

You still local?
Yes sir.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Great question.

I have no idea. lol

Does your name start with a C?
Old 06-03-2019, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I kinda was thinking about that this morning. I think people like to have the idea of them being able to see someone again when there's a possibility they may never see someone again. Maybe some form of comfort?
I think you're right about some drawing comfort from the idea of seeing someone they love in Heaven. But, as we all know, many of those we love will not be in Heaven. Is it wrong to put some degree of hope that God will save them? I don't think so. But keep in mind that the sad reality is, all will not be saved. And if a preacher makes it plain, remember, he's just telling us like it is... even if it hurts. I try to keep in mind that all my unsaved loved ones are not arguing to put me in Hell with them. If anything, they are praying that I will cling to the truth and be saved.

Quote:
The bible reads we'll be like the angels of God. I kinda wonder what his angels do. Do they just stand in God's presence and worship? I know we'll be with God for eternity, but doing exactly what........that would be interesting to know.
I know that some believe we will live in resurrected bodies like Christ's own in a new heavens and a new earth, filled with cities, culture, art, music, dance, friendship, love, worship, recreation, joyous vocation, where there is no sickness, death, disease, greed, exploitation, crime, toil, or hardship.

I know others who believe that the spiritual state of being in eternity is beyond our human reasoning, the level of spiritual consciousness, and reality beyond anything we can know or describe here in any earthly language. Imagine all the joy possible experienced as we're bathed in the indescribable presence of God's light... forever. A state of being so beyond our comprehension, nothing we could ever say can do it justice.

But I'll be honest. I have no clue. Things can be interpreted many different ways, with various interpretations having their strengths and weaknesses. Maybe it will be a mixture of both somehow. But my tiny human brain longs to live in a new heavens and a new earth wherein all the joys God ever intended for man are provided through His grace, kindness, and love.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think you're right about some drawing comfort from the idea of seeing someone they love in Heaven. But, as we all know, many of those we love will not be in Heaven. Is it wrong to put some degree of hope that God will save them? I don't think so. But keep in mind that the sad reality is, all will not be saved. And if a preacher makes it plain, remember, he's just telling us like it is... even if it hurts. I try to keep in mind that all my unsaved loved ones are not arguing to put me in Hell with them. If anything, they are praying that I will cling to the truth and be saved.
When I type about "seeing loved ones in heaven," I type about those who died in Christ. Example: A wife died in Christ and the husband makes the comment that one day he'll see her again." I can't even run into HomeTownGuy (poster on AFF) in my city. How are you going to run into your wife where there will be multitudes upon multitudes? Again, they comfort themselves with "seeing their loved ones again" when that may never be the case. I know it's sad because I would want to see my family again. If you really think about it and realize that you may never recognize or see anyone in your family again even though you're all in heaven, it's a little depressing, in all honesty.

Quote:
I know that some believe we will live in resurrected bodies like Christ's own in a new heavens and a new earth, filled with cities, culture, art, music, dance, friendship, love, worship, recreation, joyous vocation, where there is no sickness, death, disease, greed, exploitation, crime, toil, or hardship.

I know others who believe that the spiritual state of being in eternity is beyond our human reasoning, the level of spiritual consciousness, and reality beyond anything we can know or describe here in any earthly language. Imagine all the joy possible experienced as we're bathed in the indescribable presence of God's light... forever. A state of being so beyond our comprehension, nothing we could ever say can do it justice.

But I'll be honest. I have no clue. Things can be interpreted many different ways, with various interpretations having their strengths and weaknesses. Maybe it will be a mixture of both somehow. But my tiny human brain longs to live in a new heavens and a new earth wherein all the joys God ever intended for man are provided through His grace, kindness, and love.
I've often wondered about this subject. If there are cities, etc., I hope there are shooting ranges and guns! lol...I have to have my guns!!

However, I often wonder what the angels do. Do they just stand in the presence of God? Do they have their selected place of habitation? It's mind-boggling.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:53 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
When I type about "seeing loved ones in heaven," I type about those who died in Christ. Example: A wife died in Christ and the husband makes the comment that one day he'll see her again." I can't even run into HomeTownGuy (poster on AFF) in my city. How are you going to run into your wife where there will be multitudes upon multitudes? Again, they comfort themselves with "seeing their loved ones again" when that may never be the case. I know it's sad because I would want to see my family again. If you really think about it and realize that you may never recognize or see anyone in your family again even though you're all in heaven, it's a little depressing, in all honesty.

I've often wondered about this subject. If there are cities, etc., I hope there are shooting ranges and guns! lol...I have to have my guns!!

However, I often wonder what the angels do. Do they just stand in the presence of God? Do they have their selected place of habitation? It's mind-boggling.

I dont see any reason why a person will not be able to meet and interact with others they know in the resurrection. We shall be like the angels and I dont see angels bumbling around like we do now not being able to get stuff done.

I doubt there will be guns in the resurrection. Guns pertain to this life. We'll have much more to occupy ourselves with in the next.

Angels administer God's Kingdom. They are His divine government. We will participate. Who knows what exactly we will be doing? One thing is for sure, we won't be bored.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf