Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Re: R. A. West

That Brother Was A Great Singer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Xw-...eature=related
Old 04-13-2011, 07:23 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Bro. Randy West was quite a character. He was an excellent preacher and Bible teacher. Some of his sermons seemed a little "folksy" because, well, his congregants were mostly lower to middle class working people. Coal miners, textile workers. Education wasn't a big priority in the mountains of WVa and Eastern KY. So, he "dressed down" his sermons quite a bit to reach his "target market".

If I remember correctly, Bro. West was converted under the ministry of H. Richard Hall. Bro. Hall was his mentor, and that is evident by the fact that the two preached almost exactly alike, and even bore a very striking resemblence in some ways (especially the slick backed hair). Bro. Hall was more trinitarian (a former Church of God of Prophecy state overseer) while Bro West, ironicaly enough, was converted to Oness by reading Bro. Williams Branhams sermons that were published in Bro. Halls "Shield of Faith" each month. Bro West would be called a "oneStepper/PCI" as he believed sins were forgiven at repentance, and refused to consign trinitarians to hell for their beliefs.

Bro West once said he could have had a ministry that would rival Oral Roberts in size. (But, I sometimes think he was "speaking evangelisticly"). A group of business men, he said offered to sponsor "a huge world-wide ministry that included the largest tent ever built". He said he declined it beacuse he didn't want to leave his people in Varney, WVA. Thats the Randy West I knew.

I may be wrong, but I think He wrote the song, "He was more than a man".

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.

Last edited by OneAccord; 04-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

This is Bro.West's Wife.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uDfT...C2D914CB71EF58
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajZob...ure=grec_index
Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Here Is Pastor Jason West.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKILFPz1oRg
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

This is the group H.Richard Hall started.
http://www.unitedchristianchurch.org/
Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

http://rawestministries.org/Sermons.htm
Old 05-17-2016, 05:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Bro. Randy West was quite a character. He was an excellent preacher and Bible teacher. Some of his sermons seemed a little "folksy" because, well, his congregants were mostly lower to middle class working people. Coal miners, textile workers. Education wasn't a big priority in the mountains of WVa and Eastern KY. So, he "dressed down" his sermons quite a bit to reach his "target market".

If I remember correctly, Bro. West was converted under the ministry of H. Richard Hall. Bro. Hall was his mentor, and that is evident by the fact that the two preached almost exactly alike, and even bore a very striking resemblence in some ways (especially the slick backed hair). Bro. Hall was more trinitarian (a former Church of God of Prophecy state overseer) while Bro West, ironicaly enough, was converted to Oness by reading Bro. Williams Branhams sermons that were published in Bro. Halls "Shield of Faith" each month. Bro West would be called a "oneStepper/PCI" as he believed sins were forgiven at repentance, and refused to consign trinitarians to hell for their beliefs.

Bro West once said he could have had a ministry that would rival Oral Roberts in size. (But, I sometimes think he was "speaking evangelisticly"). A group of business men, he said offered to sponsor "a huge world-wide ministry that included the largest tent ever built". He said he declined it beacuse he didn't want to leave his people in Varney, WVA. Thats the Randy West I knew.

I may be wrong, but I think He wrote the song, "He was more than a man".
Yes, Brother West did write that song. It was recorded on his own "Jay-Boy Records" label. His son, Jay Boy, or Jay West, also recorded the song after Brother West's death. What an amazing man and what an amazing song!! I could listen to it all day! AND I HAVE DONE THAT!!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

Bro West was well known in the Southern Ohio area. He was on the radio in the Dayton area. I saw him at a Pentecostal Church there I think in the late 70's.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

I knew Bro. West went to some of his tent meetings in the early 80's. he preached Oneness and Jesus Name baptism. Enjoyed his singing.