Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-23-2012, 03:56 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Re: Cody Marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Southern California. It is too crowded to really speed there. They just drive crazy in general. I love it around some of the downtown area and Hollywood where until recently there were no left turn lights. Everybody just waited until the light turned red then two or three made a mad dash of a left turn before oncoming traffic creamed them.
I remember driving down from Sacramento to San Diego a few years back. I must've been doing 85-90 mph, only to look in my rear view mirror to see that dreaded bike cop! He then calmly merges to my left and very casually passes me by doing at least 100. Just cruisin'.

My first encounter with SoCal police was amazing, in my estimation!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

Bro. Marks said last night in passing he's 31 (thought he was younger). I know he was preaching at 23 in Memphis for Bro. Black's congregation at an inner city outreach.

Bro. Joe, we archived for a while. We have a lot Gary Ellis, Jonathan Suber and Marrell Cornwell from as far back as 2006 I believe. 2008 was the last year we archived, but I was in Cullman then. I've only been at New Life since ~Nov. 2010.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyFire View Post
Bro. Marks said last night in passing he's 31 (thought he was younger). I know he was preaching at 23 in Memphis for Bro. Black's congregation at an inner city outreach.

Bro. Joe, we archived for a while. We have a lot Gary Ellis, Jonathan Suber and Marrell Cornwell from as far back as 2006 I believe. 2008 was the last year we archived, but I was in Cullman then. I've only been at New Life since ~Nov. 2010.
Hmmm....I watched most of last night and thought he was older! I thought mid to late 30's.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-23-2012, 09:53 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Quote:
Hmmm....I watched most of last night and thought he was older! I thought mid to late 30's.

Nah, the dude is super young. Old school holiness though. He's legit.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Oh yeah.......I was thinking.....Cody Marks.......Cody Marks........we had him preach a revival for us in our little po-dunk Home Missions church years back. He was about 17 at the time. He was going like mad back then.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
My wife said he'd lost weight. He looked like he'd dropped 25-30 lbs.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Love Bro Marks. He preached a message on prayer a while back at east coast conference that brought MAJOR conviction in my life. Still does when i go back and listen to it.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc View Post
Love Bro Marks. He preached a message on prayer a while back at east coast conference that brought MAJOR conviction in my life. Still does when i go back and listen to it.
Can i find that online?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc
Only when you listen to it?

LOL
Old 07-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Only when you listen to it?

LOL
LOL!! That is what I thought also when I read that post.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"