Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-07-2018, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Re: Gabe The Street Preacher

Jesus and the Apostles were "street preachers".
Old 01-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Jesus and the Apostles were "street preachers".
There was quite a bit of difference. First the Judeans were highly religious people who were basically ruled by a priestcraft. They were also admonished to teach their children Torah from a very early age. The Romans and Greeks were highly religious people. We don't have the same dynamics. Now having Bible study groups around the town, were the debate can be kept to a low roar, then that is another story.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:11 PM
Registered Member

If we are to preach the gospel to every creature and most dont go to Church what does one do? Almost no work place allows witnessing on the job. Most stores and such places have notices like "no passing out handbills" or "no canvassing".

Is it therefore left to Christian radio stations? Preaching to the choir? I never listened to a Christian radio station as a sinner.

I thought you (Dom) were a street preacher?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:14 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
If we are to preach the gospel to every creature and most dont go to Church what does one do? Almost no work place allows witnessing on the job. Most stores and such places have notices like "no passing out handbills" or "no canvassing".

Is it therefore left to Christian radio stations? Preaching to the choir? I never listened to a Christian radio station as a sinner.

I thought you (Dom) were a street preacher?
I have Bible study groups around the city. I don’t hand out tracts. Because I don’t cast pearl. Also don’t want to have to go pick them all up at the end of the day. Don’t stand on the street corner like some of these guys and curse people out in Jesus name. I don’t know about anywhere else but in Broward and Dade you might get your jaw broken. Our Bible studies have been very effective, and we don’t badger people. Hence the reason I’m able to be called the mayor, at locations and businesses that I frequent.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
There was quite a bit of difference. First the Judeans were highly religious people who were basically ruled by a priestcraft. They were also admonished to teach their children Torah from a very early age. The Romans and Greeks were highly religious people. We don't have the same dynamics. Now having Bible study groups around the town, were the debate can be kept to a low roar, then that is another story.
Jesus preached wherever people were. Case in point.

Matt 12 1-6

1At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. 2But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day. 3But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

Jesus preached in the corn fields!

Matt 5:1-2

1And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Jesus preached on the mountains!

Matt 13:1-2

1The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. 2And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

Jesus preached on the beach!

Jesus preached to people wherever the Spirit led. Many times it was not in the Synagogues or Temple.

Nothing wrong with preaching there or in houses. Its just he was not limited to those places. If saints today are sensitive to the Spirit neither will THEY be.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-08-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I have Bible study groups around the city. I don’t hand out tracts. Because I don’t cast pearl. Also don’t want to have to go pick them all up at the end of the day. Don’t stand on the street corner like some of these guys and curse people out in Jesus name. I don’t know about anywhere else but in Broward and Dade you might get your jaw broken. Our Bible studies have been very effective, and we don’t badger people. Hence the reason I’m able to be called the mayor, at locations and businesses that I frequent.
Bible study groups are good as well as witnessing anywhere else. You dont hand out tracts because you dont want to cast pearl? Are ALL SINNERS swine? How could you know that anyone you might give a tract to was swine?

How inconvenient to pick up a tract off the street!

Let me tell you a story.

I was raised for several years attending Church on Sunday. I never got saved but had an interest in God and Christ. Church always seemed quite boring and when Mom told me at age 14 I did not have to attend anymore I was very happy.

For the next 6 years I went through a time of drinking, drugs and other sinful ways. During that time I had various experiences where I can see now the Lord was drawing me.

Once I was sitting in a bar stoned and drunk. I was seeing double (a fuzzines thing) when I would look around. I went to do something and came back there was a tract laying on the table. I picked up looking at it and I could see IT perfectly. Everything else was still the previous fuzziness. It was nothing but Bible verses. I was moved by that.

Another time later when I had started studying some new age type materials I became very confused and at work one day I said to myself "there is no God". I determined I would just forget about God.

I had to go outside and empty the trash and as I did so I noticed the wind blowing and when I looked up I saw a piece of paper coming from the sky. Thinking that was odd I stood waiting for it. It fell right where I was standing!

I picked it up and was stunned as it was a gospel tract! No one was there handing it to me. It just floated right to me when only 10 minutes earlier I had declared I no longer believed in God. I realized something was happening bigger than me! Being scared I then through it away. But my life was changed in that moment. I not only knew God was real shortly afterward I repented and began seeking him in earnest.

How did that tract get there? Apparently some one was passing them out and perhaps it got thrown to the ground. Who knows how long it may have laid there. Then one day he who controls the wind caused it to fall at the feet of a confused young man and pointed him to believe in Jesus.

Now not long after I had received the Holy Spirit I began to pass out tracts and street witness. A few years later we had won our daughters pre school teacher to Christ. After a while she quit coming to Church and we lost contact with her.

Some time later we had been street witnessing. As best I can recall within a few weeks I got a phone call. The voice on the other end said she had found a tract by her house and made her want to come back to the Lord.

I recognized her voice and said "Do you know who you are talking to"? She realized it was me.

NOW...we had passed out those tracts sometime earlier. This woman lived on the other side of Dayton Ohio. We were nowhere near her house that day. Yet days later one of the tracts wound up on the street by her house, and she JUST HAPPENED to pick it up and call the number. And yes she came back to Church.

Now I have other stories how God has used the tract ministry but this should explain why some of us find joy in taking tracts to the sinners or "whoever" may wind up getting one.

If we assume that everyone is just swine we may run into we may miss great opportunities for service. And if we think they will just get thrown down remember....God may wind up still using it after it's thrown to the ground.

As far as getting beat up think about Stephen. Yes he was beaten, even killed for Jesus. That can happen. I know people who have been punched and kicked while street witnessing. My wife has been jailed in various cities in America for Jesus Christ.

It goes with the territory. Many saints I suppose would find more pleasure in staying home watching football or playing cards or board games.

It could just be that someone reading this might be encouraged to step out and experience for themselves the life of adventure and joy offered by Christ!

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-08-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Bible study groups are good as well as witnessing anywhere else. You dont hand out tracts because you dont want to cast pearl? Are ALL SINNERS swine? How could you know that anyone you might give a tract to was swine?

How inconvenient to pick up a tract off the street!

Let me tell you a story.

I was raised for several years attending Church on Sunday. I never got saved but had an interest in God and Christ. Church always seemed quite boring and when Mom told me at age 14 I did not have to attend anymore I was very happy.

For the next 6 years I went through a time of drinking, drugs and other sinful ways. During that time I had various experiences where I can see now the Lord was drawing me.

Once I was sitting in a bar stoned and drunk. I was seeing double (a fuzzines thing) when I would look around. I went to do something and came back there was a tract laying on the table. I picked up looking at it and I could see IT perfectly. Everything else was still the previous fuzziness. It was nothing but Bible verses. I was moved by that.

Another time later when I had started studying some new age type materials I became very confused and at work one day I said to myself "there is no God". I determined I would just forget about God.

I had to go outside and empty the trash and as I did so I noticed the wind blowing and when I looked up I saw a piece of paper coming from the sky. Thinking that was odd I stood waiting for it. It fell right where I was standing!

I picked it up and was stunned as it was a gospel tract! No one was there handing it to me. It just floated right to me when only 10 minutes earlier I had declared I no longer believed in God. I realized something was happening bigger than me! Being scared I then through it away. But my life was changed in that moment. I not only knew God was real shortly afterward I repented and began seeking him in earnest.

How did that tract get there? Apparently some one was passing them out and perhaps it got thrown to the ground. Who knows how long it may have laid there. Then one day he who controls the wind caused it to fall at the feet of a confused young man and pointed him to believe in Jesus.

Now not long after I had received the Holy Spirit I began to pass out tracts and street witness. A few years later we had won our daughters pre school teacher to Christ. After a while she quit coming to Church and we lost contact with her.

Some time later we had been street witnessing. As best I can recall within a few weeks I got a phone call. The voice on the other end said she had found a tract by her house and made her want to come back to the Lord.

I recognized her voice and said "Do you know who you are talking to"? She realized it was me.

NOW...we had passed out those tracts sometime earlier. This woman lived on the other side of Dayton Ohio. We were nowhere near her house that day. Yet days later one of the tracts wound up on the street by her house, and she JUST HAPPENED to pick it up and call the number. And yes she came back to Church.

Now I have other stories how God has used the tract ministry but this should explain why some of us find joy in taking tracts to the sinners or "whoever" may wind up getting one.

If we assume that everyone is just swine we may run into we may miss great opportunities for service. And if we think they will just get thrown down remember....God may wind up still using it after it's thrown to the ground.

As far as getting beat up think about Stephen. Yes he was beaten, even killed for Jesus. That can happen. I know people who have been punched and kicked while street witnessing. My wife has been jailed in various cities in America for Jesus Christ.

It goes with the territory. Many saints I suppose would find more pleasure in staying home watching football or playing cards or board games.

It could just be that someone reading this might be encouraged to step out and experience for themselves the life of adventure and joy offered by Christ!
Awesome testimony! Each of us has a role to play in God's great Drama of Redemption. I am thankful whenever anybody does what they can for the Lord, and I am glad there are a variety of different methods being used by different people.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-08-2018, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Awesome testimony! Each of us has a role to play in God's great Drama of Redemption. I am thankful whenever anybody does what they can for the Lord, and I am glad there are a variety of different methods being used by different people.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Amen my brother
Old 01-08-2018, 05:05 PM
On the road less traveled

Awesome testimony Bro. MTD!