Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
eclipse, end time prophecy

Old 03-25-2024, 11:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: April 8 Solar Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Where were we told to occupy until he comes?
Luke 19:12-13 KJV
He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. [13] And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-25-2024, 02:15 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Where were we told to occupy until he comes?
In Jerusalem.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Okay. The gist of this message is that the preacher, who seems to be the pastor of the congregation, believes that Jesus will return by the fall of this year. It seems that there will probably not be an election in November because who cares who is president if the rapture has taken place and a significant number of people are not here. (He doesn’t say this but in reality, in the case of him being correct it would be the logical conclusion). He bases the timeline on the fact that there is a red heifer available for slaughter for the first time in modern history.

Of course he is not the first and probably won’t be the last to predict such events. He most likely is wrong and has possibly been wrong before, Im not sure about that but it does seem likely. He seems to believe he knows more than Jesus about the day and the hour. And time will tell if what he believes is proven to be true or not. He will probably not be held accountable for being wrong in the event that we are able to have our annual debate about whether or not Christmas is a pagan event or not. I personally am in the camp of “occupy-’til He comes” and I leave the prophecy to the prophets. Whether we are or are not going to be resurrected I want to be ready to go.

So all of the above is not really what bothers me the most about the message. What bothers me most is the amount of respect given to Jewish rabbis and that he quotes them more and seems to give more credibility to their opinions than he does the Bible. It seems to me to be a case of the blind (the congregation) being led by the blind(the preacher) being led by the blind (Jewish rabbis).

It seems to be a thing in Apostolic and or Pentecostal churches to look to the Jews for theological guidance. It perplexes me. If they are right about the messiah, we are horribly wrong it seems to me. They are looking for the messiah. We are looking for the return of the messiah. They are not Christians. We profess to be.

Hindsight is 20/20, allegedly. After two thousand years and counting of this hindsight, they still have not been able to connect the dots. Jesus said that the ONLY way to the Father was through Him, and He was talking directly to the Jews when He professed this. So I really can’t understand why we bow to the Jews when we consider our doctrine and overall theology. We should witness to them, not follow their doctrine.

1John 2
[22] Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Are we following an Antichrist?

If I’m wrong, please help me out here. I’m not antisemitic. I just am frustrated with apostolic preachers who seem to believe that Jewish rabbis somehow have revelations that are not available to us. I’m not afraid of criticism. Am I the only one who sees this? Am I overreacting?

Please straighten me out on this. I can’t make sense out of it.
Pastor Mark Hattabaugh in The Pentecostal of Cooper City has Rabbis in his pulpit frequently. Brother Hattabaugh tells the Rabbis that he believes in one God just like they do. He should be asking them if the accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah. Sadly some in Apostolic and Pentecostals circles are not only Zionists, but Kabbalists. Maybe one day they wake up an apologize.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:34 PM
New User

They’ve been bewitched.

*cue theme musik*
Old 04-10-2024, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Pastor Mark Hattabaugh in The Pentecostal of Cooper City has Rabbis in his pulpit frequently. Brother Hattabaugh tells the Rabbis that he believes in one God just like they do. He should be asking them if the accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah. Sadly some in Apostolic and Pentecostals circles are not only Zionists, but Kabbalists. Maybe one day they wake up an apologize.
Amen. Maybe he should ask the rabbis what they believe about Jesus. Here’s Ben Shapiro telling what he believes about Jesus.

https://youtube.com/shorts/wc_xo7akt...1gfldf63ZcUDWD
Old 04-10-2024, 08:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Amen. Maybe he should ask the rabbis what they believe about Jesus. Here’s Ben Shapiro telling what he believes about Jesus.

https://youtube.com/shorts/wc_xo7akt...1gfldf63ZcUDWD
I’ve seen the Ben Shapiro comments that show he’s a Christ hater. Sadly there are many Pentecostals gushing over someone like Ben Shapiro. Quoting the Shema to them. Like they’re some Rock Star. There was a Sister Johnson who was over in Israel, then ended up here in Broward County. I guess the ministry over in Cooper City Florida thought she was going to win over the South Florida Jewish community. Not baptizing them in Jesus name mind you, or praying them through to the Holy Ghost. No, no one over there would want to convert these people to the Kingdom of Christ. The Pentecostals are too busy wearing prayer shawls and skull caps praying in Hebrew. All in the hopes they don’t make their Rabbinical guests uncomfortable. That’s where Dispensationalism has gotten the Pentecostal movement. To a place where the Rabbi is the pitcher, and the Apostolic is the catcher.
Old 04-10-2024, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I’ve seen the Ben Shapiro comments that show he’s a Christ hater. Sadly there are many Pentecostals gushing over someone like Ben Shapiro. Quoting the Shema to them. Like they’re some Rock Star. There was a Sister Johnson who was over in Israel, then ended up here in Broward County. I guess the ministry over in Cooper City Florida thought she was going to win over the South Florida Jewish community. Not baptizing them in Jesus name mind you, or praying them through to the Holy Ghost. No, no one over there would want to convert these people to the Kingdom of Christ. The Pentecostals are too busy wearing prayer shawls and skull caps praying in Hebrew. All in the hopes they don’t make their Rabbinical guests uncomfortable. That’s where Dispensationalism has gotten the Pentecostal movement. To a place where the Rabbi is the pitcher, and the Apostolic is the catcher.
This is so true. I find it deeply disturbing. Also extremely embarrassing.
Old 04-11-2024, 03:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
This is so true. I find it deeply disturbing. Also extremely embarrassing.
Embarrassing is how others view us. Actually dispensationalism isn't the worldwide accepted view. Christian Zionism (which sadly is the UPCI view) is mainly American in origin. It wasn't actually a Theodor Herzl idea. His original idea was to have all modern Jews convert to Christianity. It was Zionist Christians who pushed for Jews to return to Israel and rebuild Israel. We stand at a time in world history where the teaching of Christian Zionism is shooting itself in the foot.

Old 04-11-2024, 05:38 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

This is how Greater Israel knows no bounds. It's no joke, and no amount of red heifers, or looking for a rapture is going to justify this.

Old 04-13-2024, 03:13 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
This is how Greater Israel knows no bounds. It's no joke, and no amount of red heifers, or looking for a rapture is going to justify this.

Some thing something rather than sacrifice...