Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Re: Single Apostolic Men -VS-Single Apostolic Moth

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
This is what she told me. She was born and raised Apostolic. When she was in school she started hanging around the wrong people, and I guess she became a backslider. She just got refilled with the Holy ghost in a revival at our church. When she was out in the world, she made some bad choices, and now has a child. She is a great girl, just lost her way I guess you could say..

What prompted the questions is, we had a young lady in our church

In the choir, singing specials, very much "In church", slept with a young man from a neighboring church.

Lied her way out of it ... still "in church", singing in choir, on the platform, etc
couple of years later was actually caught in the act of the same thing

3rd time around she was pregnant ...... NO DON"T marry her

** Hypothetical
Girl goes off to college, quits going to church, lives a sinful life, gets pregnant

Comes back home, gets right with God and proves herself, YES I could see marrying her

***Another angle
No matter which way it was ...... there will always be in the back of the husbands mind .... will she go out and do this again
Old 03-19-2008, 01:11 PM
"Mercy Walked In"

THANKS!!!!! Now that is the answer I was looking for!!!!!!! That is what I told her.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Saved & Shaved

Ya reap what you sew. A child is a reminder of your mistakes. I bet many who 'down' a young girl for having a child out of wedlock have greater things in their closets. Thing is, we don't see a result of their sin.

Anyway, I've given this a lot of thought. Could I, would I marry a woman with child(ren)? Yeah, if I knew she was 'right' and has been 'right' for a really long time now. Also, the father would have to be gone, out of the picture completely.

Other than that...
Old 03-19-2008, 01:43 PM
"Mercy Walked In"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Ya reap what you sew. A child is a reminder of your mistakes. I bet many who 'down' a young girl for having a child out of wedlock have greater things in their closets. Thing is, we don't see a result of their sin.

Anyway, I've given this a lot of thought. Could I, would I marry a woman with child(ren)? Yeah, if I knew she was 'right' and has been 'right' for a really long time now. Also, the father would have to be gone, out of the picture completely.

Other than that...
Oh Lord, this guy doesn't even live in Florida! Never even knew the girl was pregnant!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Oh Lord, this guy doesn't even live in Florida! Never even knew the girl was pregnant!!!!!
That makes it easier. Don't tell the guy. Some might cry out "he has the right to know." Whatevah! What are the odds that he'll do his part? Telling the guy will give him the 'right' to pop in every few yrs and cause turmoil. Never send a christmas card or a birthday card.. just pop in and cause some drama.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:47 PM
"Mercy Walked In"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
That makes it easier. Don't tell the guy. Some might cry out "he has the right to know." Whatevah! What are the odds that he'll do his part? Telling the guy will give him the 'right' to pop in every few yrs and cause turmoil. Never send a christmas card or a birthday card.. just pop in and cause some drama.
GEEZ!!! You sound just like me.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:49 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

I haven't read all the above posts. Just answering the question. If I were single I wouldn't have any problem marrying someone w/kid(s), all things being equal. I'd be more concerned about the ex, if there is one. If he's a crazed killer just on on parole from San Quentin, I'm prolly gonna keep on fishin', if you know what I mean. Lots of variables in a deal like this.

Question is, would she want to take on raising my three kids?

Where's the blender? I feel a smoothie comin' on!
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
GEEZ!!! You sound just like me.
It's reality... seen enough...
Old 03-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

As someone who has children who's father wants nothing to do with them, they have the right to be told who their father is, regardless.

Writing the father out of the picture is a bad move. The mother will deal with the consequences of that action. Many times, it results in the child eventually finding the father and going to live with him, having nothing further to do with the mother.

Nothing good comes out of cutting the father out of the picture, regardless of his involvement in the child's life.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

I see no problems with it.