Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 07-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

Re: A Few Kenya Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebelslayer View Post
I thought you went just for ministry puposes. Guess you got a little sightseeing in too. Two birds one stone!
I don't know what has happened before, but by going with this statement alone you should be able to understand what others are seeing.

If you really were concerned the statement would have read like this:

Looks like the conference went well and you were able to enjoy some other sights while you were there too.

Your statement was accusatory in the get go:

I thought you went just for ministry purposes (how would you know what their purpose was?) and who would ever go to Africa and only go to church the whole time?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
I don't know what has happened before, but by going with this statement alone you should be able to understand what others are seeing.

Looks like the conference went well and you were able to enjoy some other sights while you were there too.

I thought you went just for ministry purposes (how would you know what their purpose was?) and who would ever go to Africa and only go to church the whole time?

Nice post.

Jez, don't be shocked. Anyone would get called out by the Admins over similar things. If there is a history and it seems that another dig is being taken then you will get a notice from Admins. Don't be surprised.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples View Post

OK ... one last time... I meant no personal attack on anyone. I felt my comment was just a simple comment. It seems to me that people are reading between the lines here looking for an implication that simply was not made. Your statement is pleasant and fine but I guess I just do not talk that way.. however I do not consider myself rude or "accusatory" in the least. End of story.....this is ridiculous.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Sister Alvear

Ok...Sherri and Eddy and family have been under attack and it is a natural reaction under the circumstances...Maybe you meant no harm but anyone that knows the pressures of the mission field KNOWS there are times YOU must get away.
I learned that the hard way...and had a nervous breakdown almost 15 years ago...I pushed until one day I found myself shaking with no reason at all...I am a work, work, work person by nature...and that has been my greatest downfall...not resting...

Any missionary or gospel worker needs to get away at times...

I personally think it is wonderful that they could go where ever they went. Do you know what it is to have dozens of hands out stretched begging for rice, churches with no roofs, people with no shoes pleading for you to help them...and you give all and the line grows longer and longer...
My husband is in the states and someone was taking him to Branson today...I rejoice that he could rest a day...
I rejoice that anyone can rest a day on their journey...Jesus at times took his disciples away to rest....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 07-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
We had a free day in Nairobi so we took in some tourist spots. We also got to have dinner with three UPC missionary families. Nothing wrong with a little down time!
I think it is great that you had some time.

I am just thankful that you had a safe trip!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Ok...Sherri and Eddy and family have been under attack and it is a natural reaction under the circumstances...Maybe you meant no harm but anyone that knows the pressures of the mission field KNOWS there are times YOU must get away.
I learned that the hard way...and had a nervous breakdown almost 15 years ago...I pushed until one day I found myself shaking with no reason at all...I am a work, work, work person by nature...and that has been my greatest downfall...not resting...

Any missionary or gospel worker needs to get away at times...

I personally think it is wonderful that they could go where ever they went. Do you know what it is to have dozens of hands out stretched begging for rice, churches with no roofs, people with no shoes pleading for you to help them...and you give all and the line grows longer and longer...
My husband is in the states and someone was taking him to Branson today...I rejoice that he could rest a day...
I rejoice that anyone can rest a day on their journey...Jesus at times took his disciples away to rest....
With all due respect, I am in the mission field daily. I do understand the need for rest. I, too, have gone too long without rest and paid the price for it as well. This whole situation has snowballed because someone apparently thought my comment was offensive. I made a simple comment about getting to sightsee and the gloves were on to battle. I was called ignorant by one poster and nothing was said about that. This forum tends to be abusive to some and I guess that is determined whether anyone knows you or not. No one here knows me nor do they know my heart and I do not appreciate anyone putting false words in my mouth. I make a simple comment. I meant nothing more than what I said. If I didn't make myself clear I am sorry. BUT, all the confusion and twisting of what I said is unreal. I know that confusion and twisting of ones words is the work of the enemy and it is a shame that the enemy can have such influence in a place like this. This is entirely laughable at this point. Well actually it isn't laughable it is sad that as brothers and sisters in Christ these holier than thou attitudes are allowed to flourish.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Sister Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebelslayer View Post
With all due respect, I am in the mission field daily. I do understand the need for rest. I, too, have gone too long without rest and paid the price for it as well. This whole situation has snowballed because someone apparently thought my comment was offensive. I made a simple comment about getting to sightsee and the gloves were on to battle. I was called ignorant by one poster and nothing was said about that. This forum tends to be abusive to some and I guess that is determined whether anyone knows you or not. No one here knows me nor do they know my heart and I do not appreciate anyone putting false words in my mouth. I make a simple comment. I meant nothing more than what I said. If I didn't make myself clear I am sorry. BUT, all the confusion and twisting of what I said is unreal. I know that confusion and twisting of ones words is the work of the enemy and it is a shame that the enemy can have such influence in a place like this. This is entirely laughable at this point. Well actually it isn't laughable it is sad that as brothers and sisters in Christ these holier than thou attitudes are allowed to flourish.

I am sorry you were misunderstood. I do not think you are ignorant or anything like that. If you had no evil intention I accept what you said. I have phased things that sounded one way and understood another way. Most of us know Sherri and Eddy and we came running to the rescue.
The confusion started at another forum talking evil (?) (Maybe I should use another word) about Sherri´s brother and someone brought it over here.
I do hope I have never portrayed a holier than thou spirit. Like a song one of our brothers in Brazil sings a song like this ...I am dirt, dust, nothing, ashes ...I am nothing Lord without your love...
Dear jezebelslayer in slaying your jezebel´s don´t kill the prophets and hurt God´s little ones. In fact why don´t (a suggestion) leave the jezebel´s to the Lord)
Do Sherri and I see alike? No…Do we love each other? Yes. Do we have common ground? Yes, our hearts burn within us for missions…we love the little children that had no choice that were born into dire poverty and in the main country they visit in are a war torn people.
My own little grandson that has had two heart surgeries plays every day with a gift Sherri gave him. I showed him the pictures of the children Sherri visits in Africa and his first reaction was, “I wonder if Aunt (Aunt is a sign of a special love or respect here in Brazil) Sherri needs me to help her in Africa?

I thought that was so sweet...Oh! to be like a little child in pureness and love...
Are you a missionary? You post lead me to believe you are one. Maybe I misread it. However please accept my post whoever you are as YOUR sister in Christ and a co-laborer in the gospel.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:30 AM
My Family!

jezebelslayer,

I checked your profile and there is a history here, so my advice to you is if you don't want the folks around here to "misunderstand" you again maybe you should just avoid posting questions toward Sherri.

You have several posts that are deleted from when you first came here.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:32 AM
My Family!

Sis. Alvear,

Her term "on the mission field" doesn't mean foreign mission field - that was a little misleading.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Sister Alvear

Someone took the time to tell me certain preachers are examining my posts...lol...what a complex job they have...If all I had to do was examine people´s posts on some forum and make derogatory calls I would consider myself useless in the kingdom...
Sounds like some people should have joined the FBI instead of trying to preach...