Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
aye bendito, bless their heart, dem obstructionists, democants, hateful, idiot, poor republicans

Old 02-13-2015, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

Re: "Nothing Is Going To Change," said the Republi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
The Republicans are the ones in control, not the Dems.

Their fault.
Again, you weren't saying this about the Democrats when they were the one's in control. Why not?

If it applies for the Republicans, why didn't you apply it against the Democrats?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
This is simply not true.
Health Care Reform
Auto Bail Out
Stimulus
Cash For Clunkers
HARP
Banking Regulation Reform
Debt Collection Reform
HCR is so bad, even Democrats are running from it.

Auto Bailout was a REPUBLICAN idea. How many times must we go over this? I completely disagreed with it (and still do), but it was W's legislation. obama was late to the party.

Cash for Clunkers was AWFUL. It was a terrible idea. There's good reason Republicans opposed it. See, if a bill is a bad bill, you shouldn't support it. If you do, you're either being partisan or just an idiot.

HARP and the other "reforms" - hitting the small banks hard. Again, not really much reform. Big banks haven't really sniffed at it. The one's hurting are the small town banks.

Also, you know how these bills were passed, JD? There were some Republicans who compromised.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Again, you weren't saying this about the Democrats when they were the one's in control. Why not?

If it applies for the Republicans, why didn't you apply it against the Democrats?
Didn't have to say that about the Democrats.

They were getting things done.

The DHS FAILURE is owned by the GOP and we'll see if this is just a harbinger of things to come.

My guess is after they embarrass themselves with DHS, they'll get their act together-- at least do a better job of painting the Democrats as the trouble makers.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

I didn't say nothing is going to change-- it was another Republican who said it and the quote is in my article.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Auto Bailout was a REPUBLICAN idea. How many times must we go over this? I completely disagreed with it (and still do), but it was W's legislation. obama was late to the party.
The 1st stimulus package was passed by W, but the auto bailout, which most Republicans were against, was passed on Obama's watch.

Maybe we're talking about two separate auto bail outs, but I don't remember there being two auto bail outs.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

You balk at HARP, but the thousands of homeowners it has rescued are grateful.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

At least the AP is getting it right.

Quote:
Instead of advancing a conservative agenda and showing voters they can govern, the GOP has been unable to overcome Senate Democrats' stalling tactics in a dispute over immigration.
Quote:
"I suppose elections have consequences except in the United States Senate," complained GOP Rep. Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina, summing up the frustration for many House Republicans. "Tell me how it would be different if Harry Reid were still running the place," he added, naming the Senate Democratic leader who was booted into the minority in November's midterm elections.

Although their party is now setting the floor schedule and calling hearings, Republicans are finding to their chagrin that important things haven't changed from when they were in the Senate minority.
Quote:
Republicans are six votes short of the 60 needed to advance most legislation, and Senate rules grant numerous rights to the minority party. That means if Democrats remain united, they have the ability to block GOP bills just as they did while in the majority.
DemoCANTS

Time for the Republicans to go nuclear, as Harry Reid did last year. Limit filibusters and lower the threshold of votes required. Unfortunately, McConnell doesn't have the guts.

Source Link
Old 02-13-2015, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

That "elections don't have consequences" is not something Republicnas were saying when President Obama was reelected.

You weren't saying the MSM was getting it right when the GOP was stalling.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The 1st stimulus package was passed by W, but the auto bailout, which most Republicans were against, was passed on Obama's watch.

Maybe we're talking about two separate auto bail outs, but I don't remember there being two auto bail outs.
smh

Quote:
An Inconvenient Truth: It Was George W. Bush Who Bailed Out the Automakers
Quote:
At the end of 2008, General Motors and Chrysler were bleeding billions of dollars a month, and nobody in the private sector wanted to lend to them. Even the supposedly liberal Brookings Institution put out a report saying they should be allowed to go bust, with their factories and machinery being sold off to the highest bidder. Today, things look very different. A few weeks ago, General Motors reported that it made $7.6 billion in profit last year. Even Chrysler, which is now controlled by Fiat, made money in 2011.
Quote:
Lest we forget, it was Bush rather than Obama who initiated the government rescue of the auto companies.
Quote:
On December 19, 2008, a week after Republicans in the Senate had killed a bailout bill proposed by Democrats, saying it didn’t impose big enough wage cuts on the U.A.W., Bush unilaterally agreed to lend $17.4 billion of taxpayers’ money to General Motors and Chrysler, of which $13.4 billion was to be extended immediately. He had to twist the law to get the money. Deprived of congressional funding, he diverted cash from the loathed TARP program, which Congress had already passed, but which was supposed to be restricted to rescuing the banks. “I didn’t want there to twenty-one-per-cent unemployment,” he said to a meeting of the National Automobile Dealers Association in Las Vegas last month, explaining why he acted as he did. “I didn’t want history to look back and say, ‘Bush could have done something but chose not to do it.’ ”
The auto bailout was Bush's proposal. Trust me, I was not happy about it.

Bush even invited McCain and obama to the White House during discussions with Henry Paulson during the campaign because it was so close to the election and would affect the next President.

Allegedly, during that meeting, the only candidate who provided input was obama. Word is McCain brought nothing to the table and that made Bush unhappy.

Again, the auto bailout was Bush's proposal. It was so bad obama even liked it and continued it early in his first term.

Source Link
Old 02-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You balk at HARP, but the thousands of homeowners it has rescued are grateful.
HARP put me and thousands of others out of a job in 2013, so I'm a bit biased against it.