Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-04-2015, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

Thus Says The Lord: I Know Your Works

The eternal Spirit of Jesus/Yeshua has seen fit to leave urgent prophetic teaching to his people. Pentecostals and Charismatics tend to search for a "word from the Lord".

Yet the word that has been given already, timeless revelations to end time saints is just waiting to be accepted. Do you REALLY want to know what the Spirit says to the end time saints?

The Lord starts his prophetic words "I know your works". Yes our works are of utmost important to the crucified and resurrected Lord.

To all seven Churches in Revelation he begins by telling then how he sees their works. Todays Church members are highly offended by discussions about their "works".

Yet to Christ our Savior it is foremost in his sight.

To Ephesus:

2I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. 6But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 7He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Rev. 2:1-7

They had a lot going for them it seems! They were doing many things right! The Lord praises them for it.

And YET despite that he has something against them. They did not love him the way they had before. They seemed to in the midst of serving and fighting against evil they were not as passionate about him! They did not relish or desire times alone with him as they used to.

Now many today would say this was a "legalistic works based" Church. Yet Christ praised them for the good works! And even so he still had something against them!

Unless they would repent what would happen to them?

5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Verse 5.

He would take away their lampstand/candlestick out of its place. How dreadful a thought!

HE WOULD REMOVE THEM

Friends these are PROPHETIC WORDS. Yes they were literal to the Christians at Ephesus but have they no meaning for us today?

Is not Christ Jesus examining our works right now? A careful reading of the seven Churches in Revelation should jolt us back into reality about how our Lord and Savior feel about "our works".

The end time Churches despise the discussion and teaching about "works". But not Christ Jesus. He appreciates and expects them to be perfect!

Is that statement true or false? Let Jesus answer.

1And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. 2Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Can we hear what the Spirit (Jesus) is saying in these last and evil days? To the Churches?

7He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Rev. 2:1-7

The Spirit is saying (prophetic words) to the Churches if you want to eat of the tree of life in the midst of the paradise of God make sure your works are perfect.

Let us journey through the prophetic words given to the saints by way of the other six Churches.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 04-04-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

Re: Thus Says The Lord: I Know Your Works

Great message. My pastor has preached this exact message.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Banned

That is a very compelling message Michael, thanks!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Old 04-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Next Jesus speaks to Smyrna another New Testament Church.

8And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

9I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 11He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. Rev. 2:8-11

Again he starts his message with I KNOW THY WORKS!

He realizes of course the hardships this Church endures. They are poor people. Yet Christ tells them they are rich! Rich that is in the things of the Lord Jesus Christ! Also they are being harassed by the local Synagogue. The Lord gives them encouragement and hope the day will come they will be drawn to them and see the favor of YHWH on their assembly.

The prophetic word goes on telling them not to fear what they are about to suffer. That some of them are going to be thrown in prison by satan.

But wait Lord! We have been told prophecy NEVER brings bad news! It is just for our edifying and inspiration! At least according our modern teachers and prophets.

Nonetheless what does Jesus say to them?

Be faithful UNTIL DEATH and I will give you a crown of life.

No promise they will be delivered from their suffering! The modern Christian would judge this message is certainly not from Jesus!

Rather the Jesus that John and the apostles knew said if they would continue being faithful their reward would be a crown of life.

He finishes his message telling them if they overcome THEY WILL NOT BE CAST INTO HELL!

WHAT? How shocking for the modern Evangelicals and their Pentecostal/Charismatic wannabes!

Such prophetic words would no doubt be harshly dealt with. No one would dare tell them they are not already assured of eternal life in Heaven!

YET MY FRIENDS......who is the one giving this message?

He who has an ear let him hear what THE SPIRIT is saying to the Churches!

Lest we be tempted to think "Oh well that was just for them not me and my Church".

Think again. He who has an ear let him hear what THE SPIRIT SAYS TO THE CHURCHES

Churches as in not just Smyrna but also the other Churches.

Jesus knows our works.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Banned

a big amen
Old 04-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

Now Jesus visits the Church in Pergamos.

12And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

13I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. 14But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. 15So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 17He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Rev. 2: 12-17

There he finds some good things. They were holding onto his name ie "person" in a city so evil Christ said satan himself lived there.
Neither had they denied him even if it came down to martyrdom as with Antipas. They were loving him enough to die for him!

And yet he has a few things AGAINST THEM!

You mean Jesus would yet speak out against unrighteousness among them? Even tho they loved him to the death?

Yes the real Jesus warns them about allowing error to be taught in the Church. That some among them were teaching them to do things that led them into sin even the sin of fornication.

We cannot be sure exactly what was said but they taught it was ok to eat things offered to idols. Was THAT the fornication? That his people would defile themselves knowingly by partaking in false worship?

Or was it just the open door to assure them if they committed sexual sin they would still enter Heaven? I have heard this kind of teaching for over 4 decades now in our modern Church systems. It is very prominent if not the very foundation of mainstream Churches today!

Once you are saved THATS IT! They also had false teachers called Nicolaitines. Whatever their doctrine was Christ hated it.

He said if they did not repent he would come and fight against them with the mighty sword of his mouth.

THE REAL CHRIST WOULD FIGHT AGAINST HIS OWN PEOPLE!

Yes tho we would consider this a good Church in our day Jesus was ready to go to battle with them IF THEY DID NOR REPENT!

Apostolic friends what we are seeing in these prophetic messages is a Jesus our teachers have no use for. How many books and CD's would one be able to sell presenting THIS CHRIST?

And yet who is the source of this teaching?

He promises the overcomers....that is those who overcome the false doctrines and sin among them a white stone with a new name written on it and they will eat of "hidden manna". They will be given deeper revelations than those who dont.

Our modern teachers cry foul! We are ALL the children of God! Dont you realize we are all overcomers because we are born again?

Well it seems Jesus who is the head of the Church thinks otherwise. He writes TO THE CHURCHES. And then to those among the Church who actually OVERCOME meaning they overcome obstacles to doing his will.

He already has shown us what happens to those in the Church who dont overcome. They are cast into Hell. Rev. 2:11

So again point being Jesus is judging us BY OUR WORKS....not just what we confess we believe.

This prophetic type teaching today is considered false by the geat majority.

Here is the type of prophecy that is popular.

"My children I have loved you with an everlasting love"

"Even if you run from me I will keep seeking you"

Dont be deceived. He who has ears hear what THE SPIRIT says to the Churches.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 04-04-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Banned

Nicolaitans were basically the Pentecostal preachers of that day, i think. Those who set themselves up as leaders/teachers. One theory anyway.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Banned

I like these posts Michael, very challenging and true.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

Good thread michael