Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:02 PM
mary

Re: House Church - How It's Done.

Thank you for the answers, Aquila.

I have some background with some similar situations (college Bible study groups, family gatherings, my first church-which was just discussed in the "For all of us who are NOT pastors..." thread). I miss those aspects. I enjoy my regular church, but am homesick for the relaxed, giving, nonjudgmental atmosphere I enjoyed in those earlier settings.

I understand the growth concept of simple churches, but at the same time, I have read statements several times about simple churches splitting once the numbers reach into the 20s. If in fact each person who is interested starts a meeting in their home, "once the numbers reach" would never occur. That is the statement I'm trying to bridge with the original question.

Thank you for your answers.

Last edited by missourimary; 09-28-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:50 PM
mary

I've done some searching on the internet.
Are there many simple churches that baptize in Jesus' name?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourimary View Post
I've done some searching on the internet.
Are there many simple churches that baptize in Jesus' name?
Simple churches are a slice of modern Christianity, so most are probably more evangelical than Apostolic. But Apostolic house churches do exist. One Apostolic fellowship of house churches is known as Covenant Apostolic Churches International. Please note they are Seventh Day Apostolics.

http://www.covenantapostolicchurch.org/page4.html
Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 AM

I'm currently watching this series of video's.......and am enjoying them and their points.(This particular video fits well with the tithing threads, and Scott's Laity/clergy thread...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxy7Bp-RaCo&NR=1

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 10-02-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
I'm currently watching this series of video's.......and am enjoying them and their points.(This particular video fits well with the tithing threads, and Scott's Laity/clergy thread...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxy7Bp-RaCo&NR=1
I started watching this series last week after you posted it but I was out of town all weekend.

I have enjoyed what I have heard so far and I hope to finish it today.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:51 AM

hEY dIGGIN,

I've got a got a home bible study scheduled starting this Wednesday with 3 people. Husband, wife, and their friend, who say(atleast the husband did) He's ready to get his life on track with God and find His will for their life. It will be in their home. And yes, I'm even gonna miss Wed. night "church service" to do it. (or am I really-LOL?) Thinkin about thoughts pertaining to and about covenant relationship(in the Kingdom). I wanna 1st see primarily exactly "where they're at", in the 1 st setting. I'm open to you're thoughts and comments.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 10-09-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
hEY dIGGIN,

I've got a got a home bible study scheduled starting this Wednesday with 3 people. Husband, wife, and their friend, who say(atleast the husband did) He's ready to get his life on track with God and find His will for their life. It will be in their home. And yes, I'm even gonna miss Wed. night "church service" to do it. (or am I really-LOL?) Thinkin about starting with thoughts pertaining to and about covenant relationship. I'm open to you're thoughts and comments.
My comments are as follows... FANTASTIC!!! That is so exciting to hear. I am happy for you. Be sure and share with us how it all went.

My only thoughts are... follow His leading. God can give you a thought that is relevant to what they are going through (whether you know about the thing(s) they are going through or not) and that is what is important. Most people who haven't been going to church and now seek to are looking for a relevance that they had not previously experienced. They instinctively know that God is where the answer is but what they have found so far hasn't turned out to be what they were seeking.

When the "preaching" turns into an open discussion is where you will have the most opportunity to speak to their specific concerns, fears & questions.

My prayers are with you for a productive meeting.

We all know what a minister is... as in a noun.

Do well and minister... as in a verb.

Minister
a) to give service, care, or aid; attend, as to wants or necessities.: to minister to the needs of the hungry.
b) to contribute, as to comfort or happiness.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:24 AM

Thanks, I'll "think on those things".
I havent talked to this guy in 3 years, tho we was and still are, friends. Tried to get a study going then, but it never came to pass, per his busy schedule. Since then, he moved and got a different job, so I havent seen him in about 3 years. He called 2 days ago, "outta the blue", sayin he really wants to get that going now, (along with His wife and a friend). Great guy, but needs God. Says He's figured out that God has something for him in this life, and wants to find what it is.

Last edited by shag; 10-09-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

Shag, PRAISE THE LORD! I'll say a prayer for you guys!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

Awesome post and comments.
Anathema,Maranatha
REPENT (the LOST must UNDERSTAND the reason they must repent) AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU (EVERY LOST person must HEAR the gospel, every saint must witness) IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST (there is NO OTHER NAME, no other choice, no other option) FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS (the LOST must KNOW what sins they have committed) AND YE SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST (the LOST too will become a WITNESS and not be ashamed to run and tell what Jesus has done)