Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-06-2020, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

What Are You Doing To "Covid" While At Home

The pun the n the title is intentional. What are you doing while stuck at home during the Covid crisis? First a big shout out to my dear wife who is constantly finding ng things for me to do while we all are stuck at home.
My wife is spring cleaning. Kristin is taking an online course, and once a week, the youth are getting together on Thier phones via FaceTime I think it is? With the rest of the youth of the Church. I am trying to read some of my books, some for the second or third time.
I am researching something to do business wise as my position may not be there after the return of full employment in Society.
A good friend who is owner of a Christian bookstore may retire inbthw future.
My wife is encouraging me to organize some of my things.
I am looking to order some things from a place called Amazon, and eBay, ever hear of them?
I went shopping at a store where they have the first hours for seniors. There was only myself and two others at the store at the time. However the things I needed were not there because someone thought the end of the world was coming and that they wanted enough bars of soap to last a hundred years!!!!
What are you doing?🤔
Old 04-06-2020, 04:59 PM
Devil’s Den

Re: What Are You Doing To "Covid" While At Home

Work. “Home.” Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

“ Sociology? Oh, you'll go far — that's if you live ... Just don't let your college degree get you killed 'cause I'm liable to get killed along with ya.”
—Harry Callahan
Old 04-06-2020, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Unfortunately I am not working, so my days mainly consist of taking care of family.

I have elderly parents who are terrified to go out in public, so I run all of their errands. They watch too much mainstream news every day which seems to paralyze them with fear.

When not out running errands, I spend time walking around the lake, praying, reading the Word and surfing the web.

Last edited by Freeindeed; 04-06-2020 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeindeed View Post
Unfortunately I am not working, so my days mainly consist of taking care of family.

I have elderly parents who are terrified to go out in public, so I run all of their errands. They watch too much mainstream news every day which seems to paralyze them with fear.

When not out running errands, I spend time walking around the lake, praying, reading the Word and surfing the web.
Sounds good! I know it is easy to let the news cycle paralyze one with fear.
It as if this silent enemy (Covid 19) is lurking around waiting to pounce on you.
It is another opportunity to trust God!
Old 04-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

My daughter and I have been doing kitchen karaoke while experimenting with various recipes. Today we made the 2 ingredient pizza dough. Doing a lot of reading and cleaning out of closets. Also, missing my Grand-Darlings something fierce. One is 3 and the other is 10 months. Longest I've ever gone without seeing them
Old 04-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Work. “Home.” Eat. Sleep. Repeat.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeindeed View Post

Love your picture there, having skydived I bet you are not afraid of the covid thing!!!!
Old 04-06-2020, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
My daughter and I have been doing kitchen karaoke while experimenting with various recipes. Today we made the 2 ingredient pizza dough. Doing a lot of reading and cleaning out of closets. Also, missing my Grand-Darlings something fierce. One is 3 and the other is 10 months. Longest I've ever gone without seeing them
Sorry 6ou are away from your granddaughters for so long. As for the Puzza Dough, we have something similar, it is right at the fridge called Pizza Hut order line.
Delicious!
Old 04-06-2020, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Love your picture there, having skydived I bet you are not afraid of the covid thing!!!!
Only way I would skydive is at the barell of a gun and even then I would probably put up a fight!
Old 04-06-2020, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Other than over the phone staff meetings, life is unchanged for us out in the country.

Getting a haircut was the only real challenge. Our daughter cut it for me.