Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 02-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Somewhat Newly Apostolic

Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself. I not to long ago became apart of the apostolic faith. I was born and raised in the church but was somewhat different from apostolic. I am currently stationed in Korea and am struggling to stay true. So I guess I joined this forum to seek encouragement and for guidance to help me along this journey while away...
Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Renewed

Re: Somewhat Newly Apostolic

Welcome to AFF, we are happy to have you here.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Thank you! I hope to learn a lot from everyone
Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Banned

Hi! Great mix here, I look forward to your input! Ps, I've only been here about a month, former Baptist, still not quite sure what "Apostolic" means, if there is an official def...beyond the intuitive? So, just by way of intro (they even let Catholics post here : )
Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_New View Post
Thank you! I hope to learn a lot from everyone
The greatest thing I hope you learn from everyone here is. . . . seek out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-21-2012, 09:35 AM
On the road less traveled

Welcome - this is a mixed group of people here, but there are a lot of things you can learn from us all
Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 AM
I Am That I Am.

Keep your mind open. Don't stab something down you hear just because you never heard it before. And be encouraged! You're living for the Lord, what can come against you?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 AM
John 14:22

Apostolic ... meaning doctrine of the Apostles. You can read in the gospes many times that Jesus called His Apostles in private, and expounded to them the scriptures. John 14:22 "Judas (not Iscariot) Ask Jesus, why manifest yourself to us, and not the word?"...Apostolic doctrine, is what Jesus taught the Apostles. I"ve known Apostolic since 1981, but became a backslider because of "loving this present world"...Glad that God had mercy on me, and brought me back. I'm still learning the true meaning of Repentance, Baptism in Jesus name, and the power of the Holy Ghost with evidence in speaking in tongues. Also, "No man cometh unto the Father but by Me'...so much to learn. God's word is more important than my natural food.

"GOD SPECIALIZES in things that are IMPOSSIBLE !!! So if your problem is not impossible, might want to re-think before you ask of HIM !!! "
Old 02-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_New View Post
Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself. I not to long ago became apart of the apostolic faith. I was born and raised in the church but was somewhat different from apostolic. I am currently stationed in Korea and am struggling to stay true. So I guess I joined this forum to seek encouragement and for guidance to help me along this journey while away...
welcome mrs new, glad to have you. can you tell us about the apostolic church in korea? is it big? how does it compare to other churches? god bless you and korea.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Welcome to AFF.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV