Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-14-2024, 07:36 PM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is online now
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tupelo Ms.
Posts: 3,867
Pacifism

Proverbs 24:
10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. note
11 If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;
12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?






Are we held to account by God if we did not defend others against those that wished them harm?
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-14-2024, 08:03 PM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,778
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Proverbs 24:
10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. note
11 If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;
12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?






Are we held to account by God if we did not defend others against those that wished them harm?
It would seem so. At least to some extent.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-15-2024, 01:54 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 26,018
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Proverbs 24:
10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. note
11 If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;
12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?






Are we held to account by God if we did not defend others against those that wished them harm?
Christians have a standard to keep which includes defending the innocent and weak against bullies.

Of course, if Caesar is a bully he don't like THAT kind of Christianity...
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-15-2024, 03:28 PM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is online now
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tupelo Ms.
Posts: 3,867
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Christians have a standard to keep which includes defending the innocent and weak against bullies.

Of course, if Caesar is a bully he don't like THAT kind of Christianity...

Can you expound and wax eloquent about the topic sir?
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-15-2024, 09:53 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 26,018
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Can you expound and wax eloquent about the topic sir?
The tl;dr -

Government creates fake religion to keep the slaves from revolting, emasculating the men and making them weak. Read and believe your Bible and you are persona non grata because you took the red pill of all red pills.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2024, 11:40 AM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is online now
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tupelo Ms.
Posts: 3,867
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
The tl;dr -

Government creates fake religion to keep the slaves from revolting, emasculating the men and making them weak. Read and believe your Bible and you are persona non grata because you took the red pill of all red pills.



Thank you for being so steadfast and stable. You've been such a source of strength for me in a world and church culture gone mad and I need to honor you for your dedication to the pursuit of the unvarnished truth...neither deviating to the right nor the left.





Have you ever expereinced a sudden spiritual shift, where what you once walked in only in part, you suddenly walk in the whole?


Im not talking about a manic state or a hype....but a sudden clarity and a strength and stability?


Im not asking you this lightly, but there is so much gatekeeping with ministry and the callings that are placed on us.


I know we all have our different individual processes of development that we go through...but I just had the realization that after the breakthrough and victory I had with me and my wifes situation about a week ago...since then everything has been different.


There is a permanence to this....like something fully formed and established...a clarity to my thinking that Ive always reached for but never been able to fully engage and keep it.


I had an interaction with my neighbors boyfriend...we had just met...literally out of the gate manifesting...but it wasnt an aggression like Ive seen before in others when its happened to me....and I didnt realize it until afterwards...but it was the same kind of begging for help like the man in the tombs when Jesus showed up...just out of the gate confessing and revealing addictions and urges spilling his guts shaking and trembling.


I didn't know what to do with that...usually when Im dealing with a demonic manifestation Im usually on the defense and its aggressive...and Im realizing that Ive seen this behavior before when I used to do rideshare and work retail as well.




So thats something that Im realizing is new and also my brother in law was raised hardcore fundy Baptist.


Had him a Jesus encounter in his kitchen while he was washing his dishes and worshipping...just praising the Lord...he ended up on his face uncontrollably weeping and praying in the Spirit.


I can count on one hand the number of conversations Ive had with the guy....so hes out of his depth with this experience. Hes been going to a Spirit filled church North of Charlotte so his world view is blowing apart right now.


So hes come to himself and he's praying asking God, "Dude, what the heck?"


So the Lord tells him in a still small voice. "Call Will"


So I get a text suddenly from a number I don't even recognize asking if he can call. Lol he tells me who it is and I call, he starts tiptoing around not even knowing how to approach me.


Something activated inside...I stop him and say Chris I'm an open book just go ahead....I talked to and ministered to him for 2 hours.


Im watching old wounds in my wifes family come together and heal it is literally like watching a tree going from death and rotting to spring time in full strength and bloom.


Its not only healing their relationships with each other but also personal individual wounds.


Its like suddenly there is healing and life and all this chaos turmoil and mess has been a birthing process and not a death.


Im really sorry if this is weirding you out.


Last night...with your response to my post...that was the an answer to prayer...its something Ive been struggling with seeing what is coming...I knew that I had to decide where I stood and how far I would take it before that time came...I got my answer last night. The Lord just made it very simple and black and white.


Im confident now that I can act in the defense of my family in the right spirit without evil intent and be blameless before Him.


I know this is alot....and Im not trying to overwhelm you...not looking for attaboys or attention or preaching dates...but as of last night...after I got that clarity...I realized that the same annointing and intensity that I felt in that dream the Lord gave me at 14 where afterwards it felt like He grabbed me by the back of the neck...stood me up on my feet like only the tips of my toes were touching the floor and took control of my body and his voice boomed out of me like I had speakers in my chest...


I realized that what I have been experiencing in the ministry prayer and conversation....its that same hand upon me as was in the dream...and it doesnt leave.


I know we are different...different histories, different kife paths and experiences...but this wasnt placed upon me by receiving the mantle of another....it was all the little interactions with men and women of God....I never had a seat at the "Table"....I had a calling....I knew I had a purpose and all I had to glean from is those around me...nobody ever just took me under their wing in a way that felt stable and permanent except for Benicasa...Im weeping writing this.


Im just realizing that all the rejection and isolation was God's protection because He didnt want me learning falling into the current mindsets and habits of "How the sausage is made."


He had to develop me apart


Last night I went to go drop off Abby at my mom and grandmas...my grandmother started in again needling me about coming to their church...like in pity...


The annointing came over me and I spoke for an hour and a half quoting verses in context and at the same time giving them a glimpse into the struggles Ive always had in my mind with isolation, fear, anxiety, depression, rejection.


I was able to testify to how I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life and that I do not feel at liberty to attend at a place to where if I do not conform, Im seen as rebellious.


I kept repeating over and over...I cannot deviate to the right nor the left and I will not risk conflict and disunity.


When I started sharing my burden the Lord had placed on me....my grandmothers first response was one of disgust...like shed rather stay blind to what is happening...I doubled down...began to weep and began to bring out old testament warnings from prophets they slaughtered because they would not hear and I said, "Look at scripture! Look at what He hated! It wasnt just the judgements of God in chastisement, it was how society devolved as a result! How they mistreated one another and lost their love."


All this kicked off from her watching the Trump scandal that was playing on the tv...it was surface level stuff thats been out for months...just blind...I started telling her what I knew and the details and then straight preached for an hour and a half sitting in there living room and with all of us in tears.


After that...I realized my anger and resentment against my mom and grandmother are gone.....


Im seeing some amazing things....and I just wanted to thank you for the part you are playing in this.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2024, 12:06 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 26,018
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post


Last night...with your response to my post...that was the an answer to prayer...its something Ive been struggling with seeing what is coming...I knew that I had to decide where I stood and how far I would take it before that time came...I got my answer last night. The Lord just made it very simple and black and white.


Im confident now that I can act in the defense of my family in the right spirit without evil intent and be blameless before Him.

...

After that...I realized my anger and resentment against my mom and grandmother are gone.....


Im seeing some amazing things....and I just wanted to thank you for the part you are playing in this.
See? God is good. All the time.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-16-2024, 12:22 PM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is online now
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tupelo Ms.
Posts: 3,867
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
See? God is good. All the time.



Lil bit. 😅🤣🥰
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2024, 01:01 PM
votivesoul's Avatar
votivesoul votivesoul is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 5,440
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Proverbs 24:
10 If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. note
11 If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain;
12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?






Are we held to account by God if we did not defend others against those that wished them harm?
Depends on the context.

First, the Proverbs are written sayings of wisdom and good sense, given from a King to his son the Prince, so the Prince can rule well and succeed after he ascends the throne.

As such, we have to be careful to observe that we are not Israelite princes ready to inherit the throne of David.

It doesn't mean we cannot glean and learn from the Proverbs, and to the degree that any of them are just good life advice, we can apply them practically to ourselves. But this particular Proverb has to do with injustice at the political level. If a governor is going to wrongly execute an innocent man, the Prince/King must intervene and deliver the innocent.

In our country, the President has the power, and perhaps, even the right, to officially pardon someone whose guilt is in question. He can stay an execution, and let someone go free. While not exactly the same thing, the idea is similar.

None of this advocates for or against pacificism, however. It just means that the proverbs shared in the original post can't be used to either justify or condemn pacificism, that is, the proverb isn't addressing pacificism as an issue.
__________________
For anyone devoted to His fear:

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-16-2024, 01:28 PM
jediwill83's Avatar
jediwill83 jediwill83 is online now
Believe, Obey, Declare


 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tupelo Ms.
Posts: 3,867
Re: Pacifism

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Depends on the context.

First, the Proverbs are written sayings of wisdom and good sense, given from a King to his son the Prince, so the Prince can rule well and succeed after he ascends the throne.

As such, we have to be careful to observe that we are not Israelite princes ready to inherit the throne of David.

It doesn't mean we cannot glean and learn from the Proverbs, and to the degree that any of them are just good life advice, we can apply them practically to ourselves. But this particular Proverb has to do with injustice at the political level. If a governor is going to wrongly execute an innocent man, the Prince/King must intervene and deliver the innocent.

In our country, the President has the power, and perhaps, even the right, to officially pardon someone whose guilt is in question. He can stay an execution, and let someone go free. While not exactly the same thing, the idea is similar.

None of this advocates for or against pacificism, however. It just means that the proverbs shared in the original post can't be used to either justify or condemn pacificism, that is, the proverb isn't addressing pacificism as an issue.



I understand and I hear you.
__________________
Blessed are the merciful for they SHALL obtain mercy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentecostals and Pacifism houston Fellowship Hall 12 10-17-2017 09:02 AM
When Pacifism Was a Tenet of Holiness. DAII The D.A.'s Office 19 10-14-2013 03:20 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.