Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library
Facebook

Notices

The Library The Library for posting Articles and recommended reading.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: A treatise on the upc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

Street preachers healing folks while Apostolics wait on the next Sunday service. In between services fussing with each other on forums. Do baptist fuss like we do?
So I assume this will be your last post on this forum?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Where are the alternatives for those who do not want the I.C. approach?? I know home church is one. Should we start a list of no-forced tithing, no temple worshiping, no pastor worshiping assemblies? I know there are Elders here that agree there are problems. Step out and start something!!
Oops...I guess not

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Since I am an EMT Im reminded constantly of the Church=Hospital example...and I also know that babies are not always born in hospitals....and many who are ill receive life saving treatment before they ever enter hospital doors.No....im not a doctor but I work under a physicians direction and authority....the same way we as Christians need to step up and realize that we are EMPOWERED and AUTHORIZED by the GREAT PHYSICIAN to work as His hands and feet.
As a retired RN/Paramedic after 23 years in action, I find your analogy right on point. We are in fact the only Jesus most people will ever see. The question becomes what kind of Jesus will they see. He came to destroy the works of the devil. We are to continue that same ministry, in the power of the Holy Ghost by bringing salvation, healing, and deliverance to the hurting masses of humanity all around us.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Thank you for your response. However, I must apologize because I asked the question with "tongue in cheek". I currently attend a UPCI church as it lines up closest to bible teaching IMHO. Sometimes I feel that the UPCI gets criticized without anyone giving a better option, whether it be another organization or the specific name of another church.
You make a valid and significant point. I find that MOST of those on AFF that are critical of the UPCI, have no Biblical alternative to offer. Most are off base in their criticism showing a complete lack of knowledge of UPCI doctrines and true standards. There are many abusive Churches out there of many denominations. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylyates View Post
You make a valid and significant point. I find that MOST of those on AFF that are critical of the UPCI, have no Biblical alternative to offer. Most are off base in their criticism showing a complete lack of knowledge of UPCI doctrines and true standards. There are many abusive Churches out there of many denominations. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Larry we left UPC and I did not throw the baby out with the bath water. In UPC I learned some very precious spiritual gifts.

I learned to pray, fast serve and to enjoy the Word. We are no longer attend any oneness church we are AG. I have not forgot what I learned!

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.

Last edited by navygoat1998; 04-12-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
Larry we left UPC and I did not throw the baby out with the bath water. In UPC I learned some very precious spiritual gifts.

I learned to pray, fast serve and to enjoy the Word. We are no longer attend any oneness church we are AG. I have not forgot what I learned!
I pray the Lord continues to bless you and your family. Many good people in the AG.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylyates View Post
I pray the Lord continues to bless you and your family. Many good people in the AG.