News from bro raul alvear jr.

BRAZIL IN FLAMES
APOSTOLIC MISSIONS

BRAZIL ADDRESS
REV. RAUL & MICLELE ALVEAR JR.
C.P.250 ,CAMPINAS, S.P.
BRAZIL S.A. 13012-970

Dear friends in the homeland:
Wow!! That is all we can say. So much has happened since our last monthly letter. We have had tremendous outpourings of God´s spirit. The Lord has been very good to us as He always is. This last month we have been very busy in the ministry very fruitful. We would like to mention just a few highlights of what we are doing here.

Last month I wrote you that we were going to the regional convention in the city of Jales. This month I can write and tell you it was glorious with 26 new people receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost. We had 15 of churches represented.
The church in Maceio paid my way up there for their choir convention it was the last weekend before my folks came home from the states…the people were so homesick to see my folks I think like seeing me was almost like them seeing dad and mom…both Saturday night and Sunday night the church was packed out and services lasted o around 5 hours! No one wanted to go home…there were people receiving the Holy Ghost, others slain in the spirit others dancing and Sunday night some had to be carried to the bus as they were still out in the spirit talking in tongues. My brother (the pastor) told me there were 40 people that received the Holy Ghost and 12 backsliders prayed back through. I can tell you right now if we make up our minds we can Pentecost right in this cold and indifferent age!
We were also blessed to have Pastor Barber and Pastor Newman preaching my local church anniversary services in Campinas. 16 received the Holy Ghost during their stay. We are so blessed to have so many GOOD friends. We don't deserve it. We don't expect it. But we are grateful!
My wife conducted a ladies retreat and 2 trinity ladies attended and we ended up baptizing one of them and the other is studying baptism. We also conducted our annual children’s retreat with almost 100 children present from our local area. It turned out so good. We gave out candy, treats, toys, prayed with the children, had puppet shows and many other special things for them.
In the city of Casa Branca pastor Joaquin baptized 9 precious souls. We also conducted a baptismal service in the Sao Carlos church.
We just returned from our regional convention in the state of Minas Gerias and I fly out this Thursday for our regional convention in the state of Ceara.
We are looking forward to Brother and Sister Lewis being with us in December.
We continue planting fruit and veggies on the camp ground land. We are targeting to have our national convention there. We still need funds to build bathrooms and at least one dorm. If you could help us pray about this need we would be so grateful. We are praying the Lord will use this land and the facilities for His glory and in time we will have our Bible school there and many young men will be sent out to start other churches. We believe any offering given would be a wise investment in Heavenly riches for the future preachers and laborers that will be sent out.
The economy continues to affect us in one way or another. However we are thankful for our Lord’s promise to us in Psalm 37:25, “…yet have not I seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.” Our security is not in the government or circumstances, but in God who, according to the Bible, owns cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10) We trust in a sovereign God, who is in control of the world and expanding His reign among the tribes of men--all the while using unworthy messengers called “missionaries”. We are workers together and without your help we are hindered. We can’t do it alone! We trust the Lord to raise up many more prayer warriors to stand with us. We are always so thankful when a church takes us on for support
Praise the Lord that the Saviour has come and that He is drawing many from the idol worship to Himself. Remember the Good News is only good if it gets there on time.
To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you… 2 Corinthians 10:16 That is the desire of our family.

BECAUSE OF CALVARY !

BRO AND SIS RAUL ALVEAR JR.

Please help if possible
I just received this communication:
One of our pastors is in urgent need of 550 dollars for exams at the hospital I know you think things like this is free but not so…and if you are able to get it free you wait for months and months…he has a terrible big hernia and to operate they are asking for all kinds of exams. His wife called my mother crying asking for us to ask our American friends to help…If in any way you can help Pastor John please earmark the offering for pastor John . I will see that they get it and let you know how he gets along.

STATE SIDE ADDRESS
REV & SIS RAUL ALVEAR JR.
P.O. BOX 1907
PARAGOULD , AR - 72451
GOD CALL ME TO PREACH AT 8 YEARS OLD
STARTED TO PASTOR AT 14 YEARS OLD
Old 11-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

Re: News from bro raul alvear jr.

2 received the holy ghost tonight adn 6 prayed back thru....and 1 repented

STATE SIDE ADDRESS
REV & SIS RAUL ALVEAR JR.