Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Re: Hard Hitting Praise Tonight Misty Edwards

Romans 12:2?

Nope ain't there, neither.

Romans 12:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Does this seem like new age teaching?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1GAz...DEE34C32AD4E5E
Old 01-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
As promoted by IHOPKC, John Piper, Beth Moore and others... it tries blending catholic mysticism and new age meditation with prayer.

The roots of this are based in Zen Buddhism, not scripture. The one's who promote this false doctrine try using Psalms 46:10 as their only scriptural basis: "Be still, and know that I am God;" however, that one line they use is completely taken out of context and misapplied.

Contemplative/Centering prayer was never taught by Jesus or His disciples. It was formed by Catholics and Buddhists as a way to find common ground between the religions.

The practice focuses on "breathing" or chanting a "sacred word," and focusing towards your inner divine self.

Where is this taught in the Bible? Inner divine self? The whole premise and point of contemplative/centering prayer is focusing on your inner divine self, which is completely contrary to scripture.
I don't watch the IHOP videos, so I guess I'm out of the loop a bit. Does Misty Edwards or other speakers there say this (e.g., instruct people in this)? Or is this just your impression of what they're doing?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I don't watch the IHOP videos, so I guess I'm out of the loop a bit. Does Misty Edwards or other speakers there say this (e.g., instruct people in this)? Or is this just your impression of what they're doing?
IHOPKC promotes books both on contemplative prayer and from authors who teach this. Bickle is on video teaching contemplative/centering prayer as well. You can find a lot of information about IHOPKC, Bickle, Edwards and their false teachings a lot of places.

Also, the two videos below are of a Misty Edwards chantsong where she sings a story about seeing a god. The Bible says very clearly NO ONE has seen God, yet Misty is singing about seeing a god. There was an even better video which went side by side this song by Misty and some weird transcendental hypnotic song. Both use channeling - the repetitive chanting lyrics over and over. Both show people in a trance-like state.

"Listen to the rhythm, the rhythm of heaven." After about 5 minutes of this mind-numbing junk, she gets to her story of seeing her god. She claims her god was running to the beat of the song...and he had fire in his eyes. Again, whatever god she's talking about, it's not the One, True, Living God, Jehovah.

Then Bickle comes on in the next clip and gives a "prophesy," and asks Misty to tell (sing) her story again.

This is baal worship. It's not worship to Jesus Christ.

Part 1
http://youtu.be/SyOtv1tI_HA

Part 2
http://youtu.be/4qk4tepM15Q
Old 01-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
IHOPKC promotes books both on contemplative prayer and from authors who teach this. Bickle is on video teaching contemplative/centering prayer as well. You can find a lot of information about IHOPKC, Bickle, Edwards and their false teachings a lot of places.

Also, the two videos below are of a Misty Edwards chantsong where she sings a story about seeing a god. The Bible says very clearly NO ONE has seen God, yet Misty is singing about seeing a god. There was an even better video which went side by side this song by Misty and some weird transcendental hypnotic song. Both use channeling - the repetitive chanting lyrics over and over. Both show people in a trance-like state.

"Listen to the rhythm, the rhythm of heaven." After about 5 minutes of this mind-numbing junk, she gets to her story of seeing her god. She claims her god was running to the beat of the song...and he had fire in his eyes. Again, whatever god she's talking about, it's not the One, True, Living God, Jehovah.

Then Bickle comes on in the next clip and gives a "prophesy," and asks Misty to tell (sing) her story again.

Part 1

Part 2
Just finished Part 1. Awesome! Amen!

What you call "chanting" I call worshipping. You call this channeling? Channeling what? The glory of God!

Many are uncomfortable about praising the Lord over and over forever. Not me.

Neither are the beings in Heaven that are the closest to YHWH. Watch what they are doing.

Rev. 4:8

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

They are saying (you would call chanting) Holy is the Lord God Almighty! Over and over and over. Never resting. Just praise over and over and over. Saying the same thing day and night.

Apparently God likes it!

In this song Misty presents not just the mild mannered God most have come accustomed to. But in contrast a God of terrifying holiness and judgment!

I relate to the message of this video quite well. My heart also burns with the passion for Jesus Christ.

Yes this video embodies what I like about IHOP.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-06-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Part 1

Part 2
Hmm. Well, it's definitely NOT the style of music I enjoy. I admit to being bemused by the whole "prophetic" singing thing. I know of another worship leader who writes fresh music for every service, and sometimes writes lyrics on the fly, allegedly led by the Spirit. I haven't personally heard any of his stuff, either, so I can't comment on its validity or know whether it's similar to Misty Edwards.

That said, I'd have to know a lot more than simply watching those videos to judge this as "baal worship." There's a lot of room for figurative language in poetry and song lyrics, and saying "I saw the Lord" may be no different than Isaiah saying "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord high and lifted up...." As you well know, in a dream, you can have an impression of seeing someone or something without even seeing a physical representation. She didn't say she actually saw God *in the flesh* (TIC); she said she had a dream and saw Him in her dream. That's quite a bit different.

As for repetitive lyrics...do you know how many choir songs have repetitive lyrics and music patterns and CHANTS (otherwise known as "vamps")????? LOL!!!!

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

My review of part 2.

My Jesus PLEASE give us a Oneness Pentecostal Church like this!

Quote:
You said:

There was an even better video which went side by side this song by Misty and some weird transcendental hypnotic song. Both use channeling - the repetitive chanting lyrics over and over. Both show people in a trance-like state.
Friend if THAT is what you call "chanting" and a "trance" then I have been in one since 1974! Loving Jesus with deep heart felt adoration. Raising my hands in awe of his majesty.

As Misty sang, He is bridegroom, king, and judge!

God likes it when thousands of young people raise their hands and worship and adore him in what YOU call "repetitive chanting".

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-06-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Registered Member

So n david said:

Quote:
Watch this short video and see if this is Baal worship. This is typical Misty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1GAzRHiOyo
Old 01-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Not the least bit impressed that this is God.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
Not the least bit impressed that this is God.
Did you watch the video of Misty talking about discipleship?