Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Led into all truth

So, the Spirit leads us into all truth, right?

How much error can one believe and still be saved? We have 1 and 3 steppers that get the same results. (for the most part)

Standards and "no" standards. Some keep standards because they would rather be safe than sorry. If the standards keepers are wrong they go to hell for laying on men's shoulders a burden too great to bear. If the non standards crowd is wrong they go to hell. Right?

Then there's eschatology. Full preterists may burn forever for denying the resurrection. (that's debatable and does not express my view, but I haven't made the transition because I'd rather be safe than sorry) Other views are ok because their timing may be off.

Everyone claims to be led of and by the Spirit. But, with so many divergent views someone isn't being led.

How does this play out in the end?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

Re: Led into all truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

How much error can one believe and still be saved? We have 1 and 3 steppers that get the same results. (for the most part)

Standards and "no" standards. Some keep standards because they would rather be safe than sorry. If the standards keepers are wrong they go to hell for laying on men's shoulders a burden too great to bear. If the non standards crowd is wrong they go to hell. Right?

Then there's eschatology. Full preterists may burn forever for denying the resurrection. (that's debatable and does not express my view, but I haven't made the transition because I'd rather be safe than sorry) Other views are ok because their timing may be off.

Everyone claims to be led of and by the Spirit. But, with so many divergent views someone isn't being led.

I believe the key is the six principles of Hebrews 6 and its first few verses. We have to know truth on those issues. The apostle said there is a buffer of being incorrect to an extent in Eph 4 where he said there is one Spirit and one faith. But although we can have unity of that one Spirit NOW, he gave room to not have unity of the ONE FAITH. And that being said, the Spirit is there to lead us to that unity of faith, or ALL TRUTH.

I look at it like Canaan being ALL TRUTH. The Spirit led Israel through the wilderness with all their quirks and incompleteness, but they had the blood of the lamb under their belts from Egypt's night of deliverance. And the pillar of fire and cloud led them to ALL TRUTH, in a sense.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 04-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
How much error can one believe and still be saved?
1. We have 1 and 3 steppers that get the same results. (for the most part)
2. Standards and "no" standards. Some keep standards because they would rather be safe than sorry. If the standards keepers are wrong they go to hell for laying on men's shoulders a burden too great to bear. If the non standards crowd is wrong they go to hell. Right?
3. Then there's eschatology. Full preterists may burn forever for denying the resurrection. (that's debatable and does not express my view, but I haven't made the transition because I'd rather be safe than sorry) Other views are ok because their timing may be off.
4. Everyone claims to be led of and by the Spirit. But, with so many divergent views someone isn't being led.
1. If they have repented, are baptized in Jesus name and have the HG, they are good to go regardless of how they label it
2. If they are dressing modestly from the heart and not dressing to entice they opposite sex, they are good to go
3. Hmmm, now you have me scared Houston, don’t know
4. Good question Houston, I liked Bro Blume’s answer. . .
Old 04-05-2017, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: Led into all truth

Quote:

Good thoughts, Houston.

I know good people who believe clothesline standards and those who do not believe clothesline standards, but still believe the new birth message. I don't wish to believe either side will be lost.

Same with eschatology. There are much better, Godlier men than I scattered on all views of eschatology. I can't fathom any of them being lost over being wrong on eschatology.

I don't know how this will all play out, but I'm glad it's in God's hands and not ours.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

My opinion is that "all truth" has to do with Holiness,Love and the Knowledge of the son.
We are not even closed to that Love one for the others must have. So our a little knowledge without Love is nothing. knowledge inflates pride.
We do all things a "hell or heaven" issue. We judge one the other and we neglect Love, which is a real hell or heaven issue.
Without holiness nobody will see the Lord and every one that hates his brother is a murderer, and murderers will not enter in the Kingdom of God.
We see those verses like fine print in our bibles but we are fast to judge the others who dont believe and practice like us.
Every church takes a little a bit "truth" and separates them self from the other church and judges them.
Imagine God who gave his spirit to many of us in different denominations makes us His sons and daughters. From the other site we discuss who is going to hell .Who is so good like me so that God will save them?
Old 04-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

I do not believe that "truth" means "doctrine" here. I believe that "truth" is a spiritual reality in which we grow into a greater and greater understanding of Christ-in-us and the world around us. This "truth" is experienced through prophecies, words of knowledge, words of wisdom, discernments, words that build faith, words that heal, words that unleash the miraculous, and the interpretation of tongues.
John 16:13-15 (ESV)
13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Not wrestling w/ flesh n blood

Quote:

Work out your own salvation and be fully convinced, in your own mind concerning these issues.
Get set free from peer pressure and what others think.

The gloves are off.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rutledge View Post
Work out your own salvation and be fully convinced, in your own mind concerning these issues.
Get set free from peer pressure and what others think.
No peer pressure here. Don't care much for what others think. At all.Ask around. Lol
Old 04-06-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I do not believe that "truth" means "doctrine" here. I believe that "truth" is a spiritual reality in which we grow into a greater and greater understanding of Christ-in-us and the world around us. This "truth" is experienced through prophecies, words of knowledge, words of wisdom, discernments, words that build faith, words that heal, words that unleash the miraculous, and the interpretation of tongues.
John 16:13-15 (ESV)
13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
That's fine, but there are real issues to divide over. No?
Old 04-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

What does the Bible say?

Under the old covenant, there were sacrifices for trespasses, and sacrifices for sin. There were also sacrifices for sins committed in ignorance, including sins that the person didn't know was happening.

But there was no sacrifice for presumptuous, willful sin.

As children of God we are supposed to be growing in knowledge of God, maturing, "growing up" so to say. This means there is a process, and one cannot be expected to know everything all at once. Things take time, it takes time for a person to change everything to be conformed to be like Him in all things.

But that assumes the heart is right, where there's a willing attitude.

If the heart isn't right, so that a person is unwilling to change something and bring it into obedience to Christ, no matter how small a thing it may be... if they are unwilling, and willful and stubborn... then they aren't being led by the Spirit.

And those who are led by the Spirit are God's children.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf