Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 AM
My Family!

Leave Us Alone - We Work Hard for our Stuff!!

Last night I received a call from my son and his wife while I was at a company dinner that their apartment was broken into.

My heart sank for them. It turned out decent as a neighbor felt/heard when they rammed the door in and came down to see what was going on. The watch guy apparently saw him and they left quickly.

Drawers were rummaged through and jewelry boxes opened, but nothing of value was taken.

However, now they are scared to death. The intruders saw all the things that they do have and could come back.

How sad is it that we work hard for our paychecks to buy the things we want only to violated and frightened of low lives that are too lazy to get a job to get their own stuff.

I only see this happening more and more with our economy worsening. Lord protect us all!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:29 AM
Christmas 2009

Re: Leave Us Alone - We Work Hard for our Stuff!!

Poor kids! That's a scary thing to have to go through.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Administrator

I can't even imagine how they feel. I'm sure they feel violated, even though nothing appears to have been taken. Do they have door/window alarms? If not, they might want to invest in them.

I would also advise them to make sure they have insurance coverage for theft-- and don't underestimate the value of what they have. Lists of serial numbers & photo documentation is important also. My insurance agent was here a few months ago, and told me I need to at least double the policy I have for contents coverage on my insurance. Most of us probably don't carry enough coverage.

I know it's just "stuff"... but we all work hard to get what we have, and if someone steals it from us or there is another type of loss we should be able to replace it without it being a financial hardship. JMHO.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Last night I received a call from my son and his wife while I was at a company dinner that their apartment was broken into.

My heart sank for them. It turned out decent as a neighbor felt/heard when they rammed the door in and came down to see what was going on. The watch guy apparently saw him and they left quickly.

Drawers were rummaged through and jewelry boxes opened, but nothing of value was taken.

However, now they are scared to death. The intruders saw all the things that they do have and could come back.

How sad is it that we work hard for our paychecks to buy the things we want only to violated and frightened of low lives that are too lazy to get a job to get their own stuff.

I only see this happening more and more with our economy worsening. Lord protect us all!!!

I agree 100% with you.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Honorary Admin

This kind of stuff "frosts" me!!!

I pity the "foo" who tries to break into our home with my three sons and tons of guns!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

My son and daughter-in-law were robbed a few months back. They took over 10,000 worth of stuff in less than an hour, when she went to the grocery store. They had insurance but that is a small consulation. Big screen TV's went on sale so they got an even bigger one when they replaced that though.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

This is indeed scary and I feel for these kids,I certainly pray that God protects them and these lowlifes leave them alone.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Pot Stirrer

Welcome to MEMPHIS!!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:18 AM
My Family!

My son also has guns and he just bought a closet safe last week and those were all locked up - thank goodness.

However, they did stay there last night and since the door was only temporarily fixed they put a smaller, heavy safe behind the door and I suggested they put something on top of the safe that would fall off and hit the tile in case the door was tampered with.

Well, at 1:30 last night the cup fell off the safe and hit the tile. My son sit up in bed with his gun off safetly pointed at the door. Nothing happened, but they got up and dressed and came to my house.

As they were leaving their place two cop cars and neighbors were in the breezeway below their apt. The apt. below them had been broken in to also. The neighbor they talked to last night had come up and knocked on their door and that's what knocked the cup off the safe.

Very unsettling.

Yes, Tina they are insured - thank goodness and he has all his receipts for their electronics, etc. in the gun safe that is mounted to the wall in their closet. They are going to activate the security system today - $25 a month is a small price to pay for a little bit more security.

They are also looking for a house - and putting a contract on a house today. None too soon.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
delete account

I can feel for them Renda, Remember my apt was broken into three times when I first moved in. They changed my locks all three times but now I sleep with a chair under both of my door knobs. I never feel quite safe any more.

Praying for your kids,
Rhonda