Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 11-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Re: The Sabbath Day, Should You Keep or not Keep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Just because someone rejects a conclusion does not mean they have "missed the point."
No, kit was missing the point. It does not matter what DAY of the week in our standard, but whether or not sabbath is involved.
Quote:

And your reactions to anyone's use of the term antinomianism is a bit silly.
The mention of anitnomianism is ridiculous to begin with when no one on the entire forum here leans that way whatsoever. And it';s been mentioned several time snow.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
The mention of anitnomianism is ridiculous to begin with when no one on the entire forum here leans that way whatsoever. And it';s been mentioned several time snow.
You protest far too much. Those Christians who see the 10 Commandments as God's eternal law, given in his word, as literally written, will of course see excuses to evade the impact of the ordinances as antinomian.

There is nothing "ridiculous" about consistency in exegesis, what is funny to see is your squiggling just because of a simple observation.

Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 11-25-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
You protest far too much. Those Christians who see the 10 Commandments as God's eternal law, given in his word, as literally written, will of course see excuses to evade the impact of the ordinances as antinomian.

There is nothing "ridiculous" about consistency in exegesis, what is funny to see is your squiggling just because of a simple observation.

Steven
It's a lie brother. It's not a simple observation. Don't trivialize the majors and major on the trivial.

There is no one on this forum who thinks sin is not an issue any more. Please be real about this.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-26-2017, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It's a lie brother. It's not a simple observation. Don't trivialize the majors and major on the trivial. There is no one on this forum who thinks sin is not an issue any more. Please be real about this.
No lie. You are welcome to see your convoluted position differently, and try the various rationales. However it is quite properly seen as one the wide gamut of antimonian positions. Just being real about this.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
No lie. You are welcome to see your convoluted position differently, and try the various rationales. However it is quite properly seen as one the wide gamut of antimonian positions. Just being real about this.
Your response to this with th s many times, and silence on my recent arguments directly against sabbath keeping, show a disengenuous manner.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

I find a trend on forums. There is a group who simply won't reason with another in case they might be wrong, who always and every time talk more about a generalization of the other's contrary views as being error, etc., with no proof provided, and no actual discussion on the details of scripture that provide the answer one way or another. And when people like myself try to discuss BIBLE and these scriptures, such people do not respond, but we only receive the generalities with no practical scriptural proof for such conclusions.

I added another name to my mental list of those who do this.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I find a trend on forums. There is a group who simply won't reason with another in case they might be wrong, who always and every time talk more about a generalization of the other's contrary views as being error, etc., with no proof provided, and no actual discussion on the details of scripture that provide the answer one way or another. And when people like myself try to discuss BIBLE and these scriptures, such people do not respond, but we only receive the generalities with no practical scriptural proof for such conclusions.

I added another name to my mental list of those who do this.
You have been given detailed book, chapter, and verse. There is another group on forums who always claim that others who disagree with them are "disingenuous" no matter what. Such persons always divert the discussion into a debate about how things were worded, people's "tone", and a myriad other rabbit trails, all focused on the persons involved and detracting from the actual issues at hand.

And some people are so invested in their views they cannot even see what is right in front of them. Nor can they seem to refrain from doing what they accuse others of doing.

And so it goes.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-27-2017, 03:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

It really just boils down to a simple question: "Am I going to do what God actually said to do? Or am I going to follow the crowd with their manmade traditions and NOT actually do what God said to do?"

Remember the sabbath DAY, to keep IT holy. Six days you shall do your work, but the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF JEHOVAH YOUR GOD.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-27-2017, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

Esaias,

No. I wrote this following quoted post as well as others before it. And when no response, but generalization of me being wrong ensued, I made that note. It never would have been noted had actual discussion on bible taken place. Now, will you respond to this sort of post or likewise avoid actual scripture? It's necessary to point out a diverting trend in order to get back on track again.

Quote:
There is no scripture saying anyone kept Sabbath before Moses except God. Yet sabbath keepers claim it was in effect before Moses. Where? Because God rested the seventh day in Genesis? Where does it say God commanded Adam or anyone before Moses to keep the seventh day for that reason? It doesn't.

Find ONE HUMAN BEING in the Bible who was said to REST the 7th day before the time of Moses.

The routine response to this is that they were told to REMEMBER the sabbath. That means it must have been in effect long before the commandments were given.

This was not stated because they were meant to keep it long before Moses. It was actually God reminding them of HIS REST, when HE ALONE rested the seventh day after creation, and for the first time it was being given to MANKIND to rest as well. So, remembering pointed to the time GOD RESTED ALONE, with no one ever since that day ever resting the seventh day until God gave it to Israel.

Paraphrase... "Remember the day I rested from my works after the six days. Now you, too, will rest as I did... for the first time man shall also rest the seventh day."

If this was a commandment in effect long before Moses, who wrote it for whom? Moses wrote Genesis to Deuteronomy. And he did not write it until his day.

And it was FOR ISRAEL ALONE.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
It really just boils down to a simple question: "Am I going to do what God actually said to do? Or am I going to follow the crowd with their manmade traditions and NOT actually do what God said to do?"

Remember the sabbath DAY, to keep IT holy. Six days you shall do your work, but the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF JEHOVAH YOUR GOD.
No, it does not just boil down to that. It boils down to change of covenants and what is pertinent or not.

NOT ONE TIME did any New Testament teacher tell us to keep sabbath day in the new covenant. Not one. Especially Jesus. The way you find deal with sabbath would demand a clear cut statement to avoid confusion in the bible about it still being intact despite change in covenants .

It was about to whom it was written, for what reason and to indicate what covenant. It's for Israel. Not every one in all locations of earth can keep sabbath the way it is said to be kept as was noted long ago. It's about old creation. Old Covenant. First which is natural.

Last edited by mfblume; 11-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.