Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Former pastor's son killed

Please say a prayer for the George Owens family from Mendenhall Ms. I just got a call a few min ago from my mother in law. Bro Owen's son Jonathan was headed to school this morning and hit a very large truck and broke his neck killing him instantly. He was 18 and 2 weeks from graduation... The family I know will appreciate all the prayers they can get at this time.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Re: Former pastors son killed

Wow, I will be praying
Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

How tragic.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

That is so sad, my heart aches for those parents. I will be praying.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Not riding the train

My goodness. Such a tragic event. They are in my prayers!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Former pastor's son killed

Thank you all for the prayers... I have passed the well wishes along to some of our friends who pastor there also to let them know that they are being prayed for.

This was a long time ago when we attended there but my husband grew up in that church and the one nearby... He was very close to this family and is taking it hard and not to mention seems like anytime there is a loss he is on his way to work.. which he had literally left 30 min before we got the call about Jonathan. This kid thought Rob was the world... Rob was his hero and it is killing Rob right now. We are heading out there as soon as Rob gets back in 2 weeks to get our daughter and I am sure there will be many more tears!

My kids are taking this very hard... they havent been around him in about 4 yrs on a reg basis but when they were there he was the only kid they had to play with really so they got close and not to mention my oldest daughter just lost 2 guys she knew real well in a boating accident last week so its extreemly touchy for her.

Thanks again for the prayers and please keep the Owens family in great prayer
Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Will be praying T.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 04-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Will be praying T.
Thank you my friend! I know I can always count on you Hugs!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered Member

Oh AG, my heart just stopped when I read this. My own son is 18 and graduating this year. I can't in my wild dreams imagine how horrible it would be to lose him like this. We had a taste of it when we lost my 17 year old niece last September, but even that is not the same as losing your own child.

Please be assured that I will remember this family in my prayers.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Oh AG, my heart just stopped when I read this. My own son is 18 and graduating this year. I can't in my wild dreams imagine how horrible it would be to lose him like this. We had a taste of it when we lost my 17 year old niece last September, but even that is not the same as losing your own child.

Please be assured that I will remember this family in my prayers.
Thank you! I know... just this morning.... well my sister got a new truck yesterday and she is selling her Rodeo... and she knew we were fixing to buy my son a vehicle so we were talking about that this morning... and when this happened... My stomach just churns... I told my son this afternoon... We arent discussing you driving or a car at least till next week! If I said anything about it more right now... I would literally say... nope not driving till your 50!! Its horrible and unimaginable for a parent!