Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Re: Dottie Rambo Killed in Bus Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
That's a guy.
A guy? I see. Well, I amend my original comment to say he's
already started building his mansion on his finger.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:26 PM
First Lady

I just watched the video. No matter what you believe about her "status," you HAVE to believe that the songs she writes are so everlastingly anointed. I'm telling you, I sat here and cried and felt the power of the Lord.

She was an awesome lady with some mighty anointed abilities. The world will miss such a great lady.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South of I 90 View Post
Vestal and Dottie were definately giants in gospel music. CC, I hope you get to go and of course share your experience with us!

I stayed up late last nite and watched the "raw" footage of the Rambos that Mark Lowry shot in his home. I had seen this before, but wanted to watch it again because of Dottie's death. If you were a Rambo fan, this is worth a watch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...47346869733583
Thank you South of I 90 for posting this. I only watched a little. I will book mark it to watch all of it later.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

Wow, when I awoke Sunday morning to find several messages on my phone telling of this tradgedy I was completely heartbroken. In service I sang "Sheltered In The Arms of God" in tribute to this great lady whose talent and annointing has inspired me more than any other in my life.

Conflicting reports early on left me wondering whether or not she suffered. I found out just a few hours later that she passed away instantly. Dottie most likely did not fall out of a bunk, as they typically leased star coaches with a seperate bedroom for her in the back. This made it much easier on her to dress, and climbing in and out of bunks wouldn't be practical for a person with her health issues. With that said, this is probably why she is no longer with us. If she were in a bunk she would have been held in place a little better. In a full/queen sized bed in the back she would've had nothing to keep her in the bed when the bus left the road.

Dottie's managers wife Judy has stated that a big gust of wind forced the bus off the road. Larry has been taken to a private room in ICU and is stable. Ronnie (bus driver) is now stable as well but still in critical care. Chris is very much still in need of prayer, he is still in bad condition.

Someone commented about the bus not looking that bad, in the picture posted on this site, you can't see more than 5% of the actual damage of the bus. The entire front end of the bus is bent from the frame in an upward direction. You can definately tell the that bus hit the embankment at full speed.

Remember to keep in prayer, everyone involved. Larry and Judy are completely grief stricken. Ronnie and Chris as I understand still don't know that Dottie has passed. Larry was not only a manager to Dottie, he and his wife truely loved her as family. Many will never know the sacrifice and dedication they have put into making Dotties last 10yrs as great as possible.

I will be attending the service on Monday, is anyone else going?
Old 05-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
I just watched the video. No matter what you believe about her "status," you HAVE to believe that the songs she writes are so everlastingly anointed. I'm telling you, I sat here and cried and felt the power of the Lord.

She was an awesome lady with some mighty anointed abilities. The world will miss such a great lady.
When listening to the words of her songs, tells me she stilled loved the Lord. She is in the hands of a just God and I will leave her there.

Watching her in the video to me showed she still felt His Spirit.

Reminded me my family back in the day when we would gather around my brother playing his guitar and we would sing, one song after the next. Good memories.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellguy28 View Post
Wow, when I awoke Sunday morning to find several messages on my phone telling of this tradgedy I was completely heartbroken. In service I sang "Sheltered In The Arms of God" in tribute to this great lady whose talent and annointing has inspired me more than any other in my life.

Conflicting reports early on left me wondering whether or not she suffered. I found out just a few hours later that she passed away instantly. Dottie most likely did not fall out of a bunk, as they typically leased star coaches with a seperate bedroom for her in the back. This made it much easier on her to dress, and climbing in and out of bunks wouldn't be practical for a person with her health issues. With that said, this is probably why she is no longer with us. If she were in a bunk she would have been held in place a little better. In a full/queen sized bed in the back she would've had nothing to keep her in the bed when the bus left the road.

Dottie's managers wife Judy has stated that a big gust of wind forced the bus off the road. Larry has been taken to a private room in ICU and is stable. Ronnie (bus driver) is now stable as well but still in critical care. Chris is very much still in need of prayer, he is still in bad condition.

Someone commented about the bus not looking that bad, in the picture posted on this site, you can't see more than 5% of the actual damage of the bus. The entire front end of the bus is bent from the frame in an upward direction. You can definately tell the that bus hit the embankment at full speed.

Remember to keep in prayer, everyone involved. Larry and Judy are completely grief stricken. Ronnie and Chris as I understand still don't know that Dottie has passed. Larry was not only a manager to Dottie, he and his wife truely loved her as family. Many will never know the sacrifice and dedication they have put into making Dotties last 10yrs as great as possible.

I will be attending the service on Monday, is anyone else going?

CC1 is going to try to go and I dont know if Pianoman might too... They both attend there from what I understand
Old 05-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnhisle View Post
Thank you South of I 90 for posting this. I only watched a little. I will book mark it to watch all of it later.
Indeed...

Thanks South of I-90.

Although Mark Lowery gets goofier looking every single day he captured something here that will become a time capsule for those of us who grew up with this music.

Mark had no idea of the importance of what he was capturing that day and I am so glad he did it.

I have emailed this out to many, many people.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:46 AM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

My mother used to pray people through to the Holy Ghost with Dottie Rambo. She was a great alter worker.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:09 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
When listening to the words of her songs, tells me she stilled loved the Lord. She is in the hands of a just God and I will leave her there.

Watching her in the video to me showed she still felt His Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
My mother used to pray people through to the Holy Ghost with Dottie Rambo. She was a great alter worker.
Helps you think outside your box.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend Dottie's funeral because of a previous commitment with a local university. Mrs. Pianoman plans to attend though!

In the past, they have had live streaming video of funerals of gospel celebrities. Maybe they'll offer that again!