Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

Prayer for Rev Jeff Arnold

From his son:

Quote:
Hi church family

I wanted to take a few moments and give an update on my dad. These last few days have been quite a ordeal for my family and I. Even though I am an only child it has never quite seemed that way as you all (the church family) are an extension of our family. We are greatly for your prayers, visits, texts, emails, etc.

As most of you are aware we received the unfortunate news yesterday that my dad had a stroke this past Monday. This has cost him to lose some of his peripheral vision. We took him earlier this morning to follow up with the opthalmologist. They have confirmed that there has been damage to his peripheral vision. Unfortunately this damage may be permanent. He has been instructed that he is not allowed to drive for the next six months. This news was very hard on us but not quite as hard as on my dad. He loves his cars, driving and most of all his independence. We were able to see a primary care physician this afternoon. She has ordered further blood tests to check his cholesterol, sugars, etc. We are having those done first thing tomorrow morning. He is to follow up with a neurologist as well which his primary physician is getting him a referral.

Today has been extremely rough on my mother and I having to watch my dad hold onto my mother or I for assist with walking or helping him hold a pen. While in the car he gets disoriented as to where we are. It is very emotional for us to witness. We both feel so helpless and lost in a way. On the way back home from the doctor's my dad became overwhelmed as this all is a huge eye opener for him. He broke down crying and I overheard him praying for God to please help him. My mother also broke down and was praying with him.

We have a long hard road ahead but I know with God's help and yours we will get through this. Please lift up my dad in your prayers for strength and healing.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Registered Member

Re: Prayer for Rev Jeff Arnold

Being struck with an illness can be a humbling experience. Concerning stroke victims chances of recovery are good.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 01-23-2015, 11:54 AM
On the road less traveled

Thanks for posting this ND. I will certainly be praying, what a difficult thing to have to undergo!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:13 AM
of 9!! :)

Praying for Bro. Arnold and his family.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Administrator

I am not a fan of his preaching but certainly hate he is having to go through this and I am praying for him. It has to be a frightening experience to have these severe vision and motor skill problems.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-26-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

From JA's daughter:
Quote:
He is doing OK. Still having slight headaches off and on. Blood pressure is so so. Still can't see so well, but doing alright. Better spirits today. Has enjoyed spending time last night with his grandson.
Pentecostal of Gainesville's FB page posted a pic of JA speaking to the church last night.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

My family and I are praying for Brother Arnold. His preachings have helped to lift us up so many times. He will continue to preach even greater messages in these endtimes.
I pray daily to have the heart of David and the boldness of Elijah. To be simple and humble not proud. To reflect Christ in the way I talk, dress and above all to be a true worshiper and lover of Gods holiness.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:49 AM
Sister Alvear

praying for him

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

Update from JA

Quote:
From The Pastor...Just 5 MORE MINUTES...

There are just as many days as nights, dark and light are all part of our lives. I am forced to face shadows like sunshine, I am not in control, just subject to both. I serve the GOD in charge of balancing them, HE determines light and dark, and we must respond in the right way to day or night. I am not too thrilled with CLOUDY DAYS in my life, I like it sunny and nice, but then again I am not in control of the weather any more than I am LIFE ITSELF.
I am still a debtor to more sun than rainy days, many more times of joy than sorrow, I cannot complain and I will not, GOD HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME. I am going through a SHADOW right now but I am sure I will not be here very long, just as long as JESUS sees fit to teach me and help me. I am not searching for any understanding of why or how come, that does not matter, I just am doing all I can to learn HIS VOICE BETTER, MAKE ANY CHANGES I MUST and then GROW IN HIS GRACE. I am convinced any HAPPY LIFE must have some rain, dark times and seasons when we cannot see very clear, WE MUST PUT OUR FAITH TO WORK AND TRUST HIM.

He has not changed just because our little situations have, HE IS LORD OF EVERY NIGHT AND DAY. HE ALONE RULES AND I can take hope and faith in that. The LORD who has been my guide all along the ways will keep HIS GREAT HAND ON ME NOW. I know that often after a hard rain or storm, the air is cleaner, the sun shines brighter and life just goes on. Balance is the key word, I must have this to enjoy that, sadness gives way to gladness, tears are dried up and smiles return, it is just the way of things...

I am not happy with not seeing well but I am getting so much better, THANKS BE TO OUR GREAT GOD. I am sure I am learning things in this dark time I could not learn during SUNNY DAYS, SO JUST PRAY FOR ME, THAT I WILL BECOME MORE LIKE THE LORD. Keep praying for me, I WILL COME OUT OF THIS AND BE BETTER FOR IT...

Love ya,
Pastor Arnold
Old 02-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Administrator

I am not a JA fan but I had read on FB the post that n david posted above my post here and I found it one of the most inspiring things I have read. When I am facing a difficult or frightening situation I will remember this.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"