Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 05-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: McMinnville pastor accused in suit of Defamati

"But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

I don't agree with the Pastor's actions in excommunicating the accuser, based on what's been posted on here. But people need to learn to forgive them and move on. You cannot hold bitterness, anger and unforgiveness in your heart and be saved.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgram199 View Post
Not what the legal dictionary says;

"The violation of child labor regulations can subject the perpetrator to criminal prosecution or render the employment contract illegal. In appropriate circumstances an Injunction, a court order that commands or prohibits a certain act, may be issued against a violator to stop the illegal conduct."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...ild+Labor+Laws
1) That's simply the general definition by a legal dictionary. Also it says it "can," not that it will.

2) Were these men arrested and charged with a crime? It's a simple question. The article doesn't say anything about it. Please post the proof they were, else stop claiming they're criminals.

3) The Oregon labor law, 653.256 calls it a "Civil penalty for general employment statute or rule violations." IE NOT a criminal violation.

Last edited by n david; 05-18-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Actually it's not listed yet in the recent Oregon BOLI Orders, which leads me to believe that it's still under investigation, so it could go criminal.

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/Pages/Rec...al_Orders.aspx
Old 05-18-2015, 02:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Where does the Bible say a single pastor can single handedly excommunicate someone?
Anyone?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
"But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

I don't agree with the Pastor's actions in excommunicating the accuser, based on what's been posted on here. But people need to learn to forgive them and move on. You cannot hold bitterness, anger and unforgiveness in your heart and be saved.
Why do you talk about forgiveness?
As far as I understand it, no apology or explanation has been offered thus no forgiveness given. Does Jesus forgive without a person's repentance? If so we have the wrong message.

Just a discussion, so take it easy before you condemn me to hell.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Actually it's not listed yet in the recent Oregon BOLI Orders, which leads me to believe that it's still under investigation, so it could go criminal.

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/Pages/Rec...al_Orders.aspx
Quote:
653.256 Civil penalty for general employment statute or rule violations. (1) In addition to any other penalty provided by law, the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries may assess a civil penalty not to exceed $1,000 against any person who willfully violates ORS 653.025, 653.030, 653.045, 653.050, 653.060 or 653.261 or any rule adopted thereunder.

(2) In addition to any other penalty provided by law, the commissioner may assess a civil penalty not to exceed $1,000 against any person who intentionally violates ORS 653.077 or any rule adopted thereunder.

(3) Civil penalties authorized by this section shall be imposed in the manner provided in ORS 183.745.

(4)(a) All sums collected as penalties under this section shall be first applied toward reimbursement of costs incurred in determining the violations, conducting hearings under this section and addressing and collecting the penalties.

(b) The remainder, if any, of the sums collected as penalties under subsection (1) of this section shall be paid over by the commissioner to the Department of State Lands for the benefit of the Common School Fund of this state. The department shall issue a receipt for the money to the commissioner.

(c) The remainder, if any, of the sums collected as penalties under subsection (2) of this section shall be paid over by the commissioner to the Department of Human Services for the benefit of the Breastfeeding Mother Friendly Employer Project. The department shall issue a receipt for the moneys to the commissioner. [1997 c.314 §2; 2001 c.690 §3; 2007 c.144 §2]
That's the Oregon Child Labor statute for violations. Please point out where it says there are criminal charges possible for violations. I don't see it, but I may have missed it.

How could the BOLI still be under investigation when Holy Ghost HH claims he has the BOLI report and a fine was already levied? I think you're hoping it's still open and they'll be criminally charged.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Why do you talk about forgiveness?
As far as I understand it, no apology or explanation has been offered thus no forgiveness given. Does Jesus forgive without a person's repentance? If so we have the wrong message.

Just a discussion, so take it easy before you condemn me to hell.
The Pastors don't have to repent to you, nor do they have to apologize to you. You're not Jesus. If you hold a grudge or bitterness or anger against someone, the Bible says you need to forgive them or you won't be forgiven.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

I've asked a question twice and haven't received an answer. It's a simple question. The news articles didn't mention anything about this. You called Matthew Davies a criminal. Has he been arrested and charged with a crime? If so, please post proof of this. If not, then he's not a criminal and you should stop calling him one.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Where does the Bible say a single pastor can single handedly excommunicate someone?
Quote:
Anyone?
The Bible doesn't say Pastor, or even council or board. It says "If thy brother trespass against thee." First, go alone, then again with witnesses, and finally before the whole church, after which he would be treated as a heathen and publican; commentaries state he would be treated as an outcast and deprived of church membership.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I've asked a question twice and haven't received an answer. It's a simple question. The news articles didn't mention anything about this. You called Matthew Davies a criminal. Has he been arrested and charged with a crime? If so, please post proof of this. If not, then he's not a criminal and you should stop calling him one.