Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

I liked it.I would have liked to have been right up there in the choir shouting about being a believer.Hey there are alot of songs that are not about the cross.
I am A Friend of God is a song about the person singing it yet we worship God while singing it.Its great to be a child of the King.I was really impressed at how much worshipping the men in this church do.That is awesome.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
I liked it.I would have liked to have been right up there in the choir shouting about being a believer.Hey there are alot of songs that are not about the cross.
I am A Friend of God is a song about the person singing it yet we worship God while singing it.Its great to be a child of the King.I was really impressed at how much worshipping the men in this church do.That is awesome.
I am a friend of God is one of my least favorite songs. My church sings it and I faithfully join in but I think it is kind of silly. Not bad, not evil, just kind of silly lyrics.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
In Friend of God you hear;
Who am I that You are mindful of me
That You hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How You love me
It's amazing

Plus it is an identification that even the Lord Jesus said about us. I call you friends.

Nothing like that was heard in the other ballad.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:38 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
[YT="CLC- I'm A Pentecostal-

Gettin' With It!"]6vd_C5KX_lk[/YT]

Wow, reminds me of Sunday night in the 70's, I'm a one god, tongue talking..... Self-centered and .....I think I'll go listen to CCC again.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
I prefer songs that lift up Christ.

Years ago, our church use to sing a song called "Get your mind on Jesus and let's have church. Somebody help me sing... I just never understand why everyone went crazy over that song.

A friend of mine calls the song "Get your mind on Jesus and let's go berserk." lol

Yeah, I been there done that and it didn't really help.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 06-25-2007, 10:45 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Sure, the beat was good and someone said catchy, I could enjoy the excitement and the exertion, but when it was over we would just be tired and happy. Nothing wrong with that, unless maybe the visitors would be wondering what in the world was that?

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
In Friend of God you hear;
Who am I that You are mindful of me
That You hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How You love me
It's amazing

Plus it is an identification that even the Lord Jesus said about us. I call you friends.

Nothing like that was heard in the other ballad.

The lyrics you wrote are what makes me tolerate the song. They are the good part! I just think the refrain "I am a friend of God" repeated is dorky.

I imagine the 21st century version will be a song about "I am a Friend of God on Myspace"
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
The voices and the music were great!
I agree, I even like the way they do the shockamo...just don't like the words, especially the "letting the hair down."

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Administrator

BTW - Did you know that exUPCers that have "gone charismatic" have their own song like Nate's "Pentecostal" one?

I don't have an actual performance of it to post but here are the lyrics;

I am Charistmatic, charismatic through and through. If you don't believe it I will sprinkle charismatic dust on you!

I am Charistmatic, believe in the sinners prayer. All of our women really love God even if they cut their hair!

I am Charismatic, charismatic through and through. If you don't believe it I will sprinkle charimastic dust on you!

I am Charismatic, in bundage no more. I am Charismatic no more blue jean skirts on the Wal Mart floor!

There is more but it is late..... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Not riding the train

I imagine that they sing a lot of other songs - including worship. This is just a party song rejoicing in what they stand for.

Ya'll are just ANTI-UPC, that's all!