Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Kenneth Phillips Threatens To Choke CC1 From Pulpit

Tonight from the pulpit and in front of about a thousand people Kenneth Phillips threatened to choke CC1 !!!!

We drove into Austin this afternoon on our vacation swing through Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas. I had to do a critical report for work so after checking into the hotel about 4 pm I only had time to that report then head to church.

This is the first visit back to our home church, Promiseland, for my wife in a few years. I get to come on business every few months but it has been awhile since I have got to come to church.

Halfway through the sermon Pastor Phillips noticed my wife first in the back and stopped and called out "Mrs. CC1 is that you?" to which she nodded and waved back. Then he asked "Is that Mr. CC1 beside you?" to which I nodded yes and waved.

I almost fell off my seat laughing when he then said matter of factly " CC1, see me after service, I want to choke you!".

This is the first time I have ever been threatened with bodily harm from the pulpit of any church, must less a large one and in the middle of a sermon.

As I suspected he just wanted to tell me I need to move back to Austin to help him with the TV ministry as they are putting in all brand new equipment.

It was a good service with some interesting things, one of which I will post a thread about before too long.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Senor Gunsmoke

See this is what happens when you leave the org. You turn into a strangler.

I will not be what I am.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Tonight from the pulpit and in front of about a thousand people Kenneth Phillips threatened to choke CC1 !!!!

We drove into Austin this afternoon on our vacation swing through Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas. I had to do a critical report for work so after checking into the hotel about 4 pm I only had time to that report then head to church.

This is the first visit back to our home church, Promiseland, for my wife in a few years. I get to come on business every few months but it has been awhile since I have got to come to church.

Halfway through the sermon Pastor Phillips noticed my wife first in the back and stopped and called out "Mrs. CC1 is that you?" to which she nodded and waved back. Then he asked "Is that Mr. CC1 beside you?" to which I nodded yes and waved.

I almost fell off my seat laughing when he then said matter of factly " CC1, see me after service, I want to choke you!".

This is the first time I have ever been threatened with bodily harm from the pulpit of any church, must less a large one and in the middle of a sermon.

As I suspected he just wanted to tell me I need to move back to Austin to help him with the TV ministry as they are putting in all brand new equipment.

It was a good service with some interesting things, one of which I will post a thread about before too long.
Ah ha!

A Terroristic Threat is a crime in the state of Texas.

Oh well, you probably needed it anyway.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Honorary Admin

Bro. Phillips is a lover of people!!!! That in itself has the potential to build a church!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Bro. Phillips is a lover of people!!!! That in itself has the potential to build a church!
Promiseland and all of the Promiseland Churches are in a summer Sunday School visitor contest and KP proudly announced that Randy Phillips's Promiseland West had 700 people in church last Sunday! Not bad for a church just a couple of years old.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
See if they would like to bless an upstart church with some of their older stuff...

If I were him, I would have fulfilled my prophecy spoken from behind the pulpit...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:

Could you embed that You Tube clip? Thanks!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 PM

Is he going back on TV because I understand that he hasn't been on for quite sometime.
Or are you talking about the Acts29tv that he is one....I believe that is an internet tv only.

Please clear that up for me.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Are you coming back through Louisiana?

On I-20?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
Is he going back on TV because I understand that he hasn't been on for quite sometime.
Or are you talking about the Acts29tv that he is one....I believe that is an internet tv only.

Please clear that up for me.

They were on the Insp. network at one time, however I can't get that network to verify this.

I think they are on TV locally in Austin. CC1 should be able to clarify this.