Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

Massive shakeup going on!

Brother Phillips (pastor in shady grove and a district presbyter in Louisiana) has pulled his church out of the org. He is very conservitive and I suspect this is an indication he is OUT.

2. Wayne Cardwell from DeQuincy has been told by his church that he can leave the UPCI but the CHURCH ISNT....

AND .....

3. ANOTHER CHURCH has told their Pastor that he can leave but THE CHURCH IS STAYING! And that man is CRAWFORD COON!

Old 01-24-2008, 02:07 AM
Registered Member

Interesting turn of events!I don't think that some of these pastors took into account that many of their members have deep roots in the UPC.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:27 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
Interesting turn of events!I don't think that some of these pastors took into account that many of their members have deep roots in the UPC.

I think that most pastors knew where there church family stood on the issues at hand, before they (the pastors) decided to pull out or stay in, the UPC.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Registered Member

If these men want to leave then they should go but I don't think it's fair to pull the congregations out. ESPECIALLY if the church was built with the help of the UPCI and their programs. This is a problem with the ego of some Pastors/Ministers. It's MY CHURCH instead of saying it is Gods church. I know that Pastors have to do what they feel is right but the church body needs to have a say in what is going on. I've seen too many "daughter" works start with the support of a church and somewhere along the way, the "Pastor" decides to pull out of the Organization or they want to go independant. Whatever the reason, if the group was started under the umbrella of the local church, then they need to turn it back to the local church and go start their own work. Just my opinion...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:03 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
If these men want to leave then they should go but I don't think it's fair to pull the congregations out. ESPECIALLY if the church was built with the help of the UPCI and their programs. This is a problem with the ego of some Pastors/Ministers. It's MY CHURCH instead of saying it is Gods church. I know that Pastors have to do what they feel is right but the church body needs to have a say in what is going on. I've seen too many "daughter" works start with the support of a church and somewhere along the way, the "Pastor" decides to pull out of the Organization or they want to go independant. Whatever the reason, if the group was started under the umbrella of the local church, then they need to turn it back to the local church and go start their own work. Just my opinion...
Where were you the other day when I started a thread "Divide and Conquer or Just Divide"?
Old 01-24-2008, 06:18 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Interesting if true....
Old 01-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

Time will tell.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:37 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Time will tell.
Glad you are still here for the next few days to keep the board balanced. With all those conservatives in Tulsa this board might have tipped too far to the liberal side.

I bet we'll have TONS of guests in the next few days checking in to see what's going on!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Not riding the train

OH NO! I won't be home today. I'm going to die!!! My life is going to crash around me!!!

Ooops forgot - Jesus the same - yesterday - TODAY - and FOREVER!!!!

Amen!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister_WD View Post
Brother Phillips (pastor in shady grove and a district presbyter in Louisiana) has pulled his church out of the org.
I stand to be corrected, but I was not aware that Shady Grove UPC was no longer in Section 7, where a very dear and close friend of mine LB IS the presbyter.