Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-17-2018, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

Re: Apostoic worship??

Daniel 3:28

28Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

Many verses declare that serving God is distinct from worshiping him. It "worship"can probably be contained INTO the entirety of serving him. Yet serving him cannot be entirely contained in worshiping him.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:54 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

I'm now 100% convinced people only read about 20% of what's posted on this forum. Im going to adjust my posting habits accordingly.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-17-2018, 01:04 AM
Registered Member

I know how you feel. I posted a video that seemed spiritual and holy and wind up fighting about it for many pages.

I dont feel happy Esaias if I have offended you. I usually agree with you on many things.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 01-17-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:16 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I know how you feel. I posted a video that seemed spiritual and holy and wind up fighting about it for many pages.

I dont feel happy Esaias if I have offended you. I usually agree with you on many things.
Don't worry about it. I doubt our differences are as sharp as they sometimes seem when posting on a forum.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-17-2018, 02:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Don't worry about it. I doubt our differences are as sharp as they sometimes seem when posting on a forum.

Love ya Bro
Old 03-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Jon Thurlow and his buddy Todd White:

Jon Thurlow One Thing 2016 (with Todd White) - AN…:
I watched a better one! with Alice Cooper.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
And those guys weren't stuffy wet blankets either. Jeff Arnold would always make a point to scare my wife when at the church. One night in prayer just before taking the platform, Arnold was a couple minutes late. We were all, hands raised, eyes shut, praying for God to move in the service. Arnold quietly walked up the steps towards us, reached through the bars of the hand rail and grabbed my wife's ankle! She jumped and started screaming, and we lost it because we knew he'd get her somehow! Lol

Serving God was enjoyable, fun, and refreshing. Everyone wasn't so critical. We loved and trusted one another. We sought to understand one another, not tear each other down. We had one anothers backs, in spite of our different perspectives. We didn't look for heresies just to discredit another minister in the hopes of taking his position or to boost ego. The heresy hunters aren't about truth. They're about slander and power grabbing. I certainly don't remember anyone slandering a brother over the style of music he likes. (Though, we might tease or razz you a bit).

Those were great days before Pastor Shearer fell asleep and everything became all about how hard you enforced the rules, politics, positions, slander, big money, and posturing.

Honestly, I miss those days sometime.
That is a great story. I wonder if we will not return to those days.

Something I miss from the days I was in South Korea: we all got along on the base. WE HAD TO. All the Jesus Name people just came together and we met in houses. There was no other way. The military did not recognize us as a "real" religion so we had no place.