Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in sinless perfection?
Yes we can cease from sin. 9 90.00%
No one will always be prone to sin. 1 10.00%
We all sin everyday. 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2018, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Re: Sinless Perfection

Where does the "soul" go when a person dies? It goes where the person goes: to the dust. Death really means dying, not just sloughing off some skin. That's not what humans do.

That's what SNAKES do.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 05-26-2018, 06:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Where does the "soul" go when a person dies? It goes where the person goes: to the dust. Death really means dying, not just sloughing off some skin. That's not what humans do.

That's what SNAKES do.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:54 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Of course not. You're too busy feeling the Bern.
There’s a pill for that.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Banned

Due to the fallen nature of the flesh, you'll always be prone to sin, even if only on rare occasions. If you don't believe me, determine to never sin again. When you do sin again, let this post come to mind, and seek His grace.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Due to the fallen nature of the flesh, you'll always be prone to sin, even if only on rare occasions. If you don't believe me, determine to never sin again. When you do sin again, let this post come to mind, and seek His grace.
It seems that at repentance one determines he will never sin again. God wants us to have that very mindset.

Romans 6:1-2

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

The Lord Jesus Christ sees us as being dead to sin. He does not think we are prone to sin.

He never encourages his people to believe they will lose the battle with sin. Far from it.

Romans 6:11

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

When a Christian believes this they will not see themselves as SLAVES TO SIN any longer!
Old 05-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Due to Chris constantly focusing on his teaching of being uncontrollable while you are still alive. He's always left open for more opportunities for sin.

What I found funny as all get out his line of "even if only on rare occasions."

Chris, is the sin everyday guy. Hey Admins anyway to be able to change his vote?

Quote:
If you don't believe me, determine to never sin again. When you do sin again, let this post come to mind, and seek His grace
You are a phony.

Let that go on record...poser. .
Old 05-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Chris, what does remission of sins mean?
Old 05-26-2018, 06:31 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
You kept your sinful nature when you got saved? So you got saved IN your sin, not FROM your sin?
Old 05-26-2018, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
You kept your sinful nature when you got saved? So you got saved IN your sin, not FROM your sin?
Good point!
Old 05-27-2018, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I shew unto thee a better way, Aquila:

Instead of determining to never sin again, determine to perfect holiness in the fear of God by purging yourself of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit because you have within you a very precious promise:

That if you separate yourself from idols and those who have joined themselves to them, and make the choice to not involve yourself in unclean things, that God will receive you and become your Father and you His son.

There really needs to be a shift in your thinking, Aquila. Even if you don't agree with what this thread and many who are posting in it have posited, at least try to put on the mind of Christ to think like Him and see things from His point of view, for I am convinced that He would rather you keep your eyes on Him and not on the tumultuous waters of your flesh as you step out of the boat of your comfort zone to follow Him.

When my oldest son was a few years younger, he, for whatever reason became very scared of being in parking lots, walking into a store from our vehicle. If he saw any car moving even remotely close, he would start to panic and pull away from my hand and feel like he would have to run (which would only endanger him even more, though he didn't understand that).

So, to break him free from his fear, I taught him that as soon as he got out of the van and took my hand, he needed to look only at me the entire time we were walking through the stalls of whatever store. As long as he kept looking up at me and my face, my eyes, he never worried or got scared of moving vehicles, because he learned to trust that I would be the one to protect him from all of that; he would not have to run to save himself. That was my job.

That's what abiding under the shadow of the wings of God means. You stay close to Him, in the very folds of His robe, and you don't pull away from Him to run off when things get scary or hard. You stay put and let Him fight for you, freeing you from worry and danger, to subdue and overcome all your enemies, up to and including your flesh.

And as long as you remain secure in Him, leaning always upon the Everlasting Arms, sin and the propensity for sin won't even be an issue. You'll be too busy looking into the eyes of your Savior as you defy the gravity of your previous, wicked life and spiritual condition.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/