Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Apostoic worship??

This place is the Outer Limits. Twilight Zone. I'm reading threads from the Darkside.

Go get 'em, guys! I. Am. Outta. Here.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Covenant Apostolic

What I find curious is those who disparage the majority of Oneness Pentecostals while promoting trinitarians, non OP house churches, practices bordering on esoteric, and separating from others because they don't agree on every point to the letter, while criticizing OP Orgs for not being more inclusive.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Words matter. When everyone and their mother understands a term to mean "X", and you use that term, don't be surprised if everyone understands you to mean "X".

And if you don't mean "X" you probably should use another term to avoid confusion.

Unless you just like to create strife...
There's some truth to that, for those too lazy to ask questions to ensure that they understand what's actually being said. Lol
Old 01-13-2018, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Esaias nailed it.
Only if one assumes they know what they are talking about all the time. Questions are good. If you go back and read the posts, at one point I asked if Esaias could clarify what he thinks constitutes worship. I asked this because on my end it sounded like he supported dry, emotionless, OT style, worship with no, or very little, musical accompaniment, unless they were shofars.. Now, I knew that being a Spirit filled brother, the odds were I was mistaken. So, I asked for clarification. And truth be told, I saw little issue with his actual point, once clarified.

Of course, if I mention, meditation, contemplation, soaking, etc., I'm just called a witch. Lol

It was assumed what I meant, and where I stood. So it took multiple posts of me trying to defensively explain where my perspective of those things might differ from popular definition. In fact, my definition is more biblical. Eastern meditation and contemplation stills the mind to empty thought, to "blank" the mind. Christian meditation and contemplation stills the mind's reeling about bills, obligations, work, etc. to be filled with contemplative thoughts on the Word, God, Christ, salvation, the works of the Holy Ghost, or just the reality of the presence of God that can facilitate peace and healing.

I even offered the example of oldtime prayer meetings where this was actively experienced.

I'm just saying, ask questions. If Michael thinks some church offers the best worship this side of Heaven. Just ask him why he thinks that. Berating him is unnecessary.

Last edited by Aquila; 01-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Don’t forget, the doll readings.
Right! Great example. Everyone assumed what was meant by that too. Man, from the sounds of it, I'm a broom flying, psychic, occult, yogi master. Lol

But the truth is, God can give a word of knowledge out of the blue, while laying hands on a person, in a dream, in a vision, in a circumstance, regarding an object, regarding a place, or whatever else He wills. God once gave me a word of knowledge about where I could find my car keys! Lol! Now, people might criticize why God would do the supernatural in something so mundane. But if considered, it wasn't so mundane. He miraculously opened doors for my job. It sustains me and my family. Anything that imperils my job imperils my family. When people laugh, mock, and judge, I only shake my head. Because the Lord knows, regardless as to what any mocker might think or say.

That entire drama was a misunderstanding leading to the rush to cast a mischaracterization.

I'm willing to wager that some still assume that the mischaracterization is true, though they've not asked questions nor have even tried to understand.

After being Pentecostal for over 25 years, I have come to realize that even people who should be used to the endless ways God can work, still fear, condemn, and seek to attack what is unfamiliar to their own limited experience or understanding.

Last edited by Aquila; 01-13-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm a Christian. I follow the Bible.
No, I follow the Bible! Lol

The truth is, all one can do is follow an understanding/interpretation of the Bible.

What tickles me is that everyone demands that their lists and outlines are the absolutely right list of what we all must do. Isn't that the essence of teaching for doctrines the commandments of men?

I don't know, I've heard so many takes on it all, I find greater assurance in following the leading of the Spirit of the one whom the Bible is about.

Life in the Spirit.

Last edited by Aquila; 01-13-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
BTW, happy Sabbath to all!
Happy belated Sabbath!

I pray your Sabbath was blessed.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
One question for anyone here.

Do you believe that there are Charismatics or Trinity Pentecostals who DO have the Holy Spirit baptism?

The question is NOT will they be saved IN THE END.
Of course. Fullness of understanding isn't a prerequisite to receive the Holy Ghost, repentance is.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I would be putting probably the same ones you have posted. Perhaps the problem I have with your explanations is you SEEM to lump all "Charismatics" together as if they all are the same.

And if you see them singing to God it can only be criticized. If they would be falling down or laughing they would be criticized. Yet if they were quiet and still they would be criticized.

Or they would be all under the reign or at least seeking the reign of the pope.

If Charismatics would use lights to enhance worship that would be of satan. But if Apostolics used ELECTRIC GUITARS OR DRUMS to do the same it would be anointed!
The danger of labels.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
What I find curious is those who disparage the majority of Oneness Pentecostals while promoting trinitarians, non OP house churches, practices bordering on esoteric, and separating from others because they don't agree on every point to the letter, while criticizing OP Orgs for not being more inclusive.
Drop the labels and just follow the Spirit. God often leads one into interesting places. Sometimes I don't realize why He has led a certain way until that chapter is over and a new chapter has begun.

I know a guy who was full of the Spirit and wisdom. His insight was awesome, second to none. One night in prayer God spoke to him saying, "Shave half your head and tell your pastor that one side is television, the other side is the internet." You have to understand, the pastor taught that if you had a television you were hell bound. But he had no problem with the internet. It was running new converts off, and saints streaming TV shows and movies were common place. He got kicked out. Lol But he followed the Spirit. Lol

Last edited by Aquila; 01-13-2018 at 05:24 PM.