Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I cannot imagine!!! We are running 650-700 and we are trying to raise 3 million! He must have some oil tycoons! LOL
I am sure it will be done in phases. It is good that they are starting out with enough property to have a master plan like "Dream City" they can build over time.

I would not be surprised if there wasn't a phase one that includes a sanctuary that eventually would be transformed into an educational complex or family life center when attendance could justify the main sanctuary being built.

I will try to find out details next time I am in Austin.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I cannot imagine!!! We are running 650-700 and we are trying to raise 3 million! He must have some oil tycoons! LOL
They very well might. This might be a case where a few of the members are like the hypothetical example from another thread: Someone who brings in millions a years in tithes.

The only thing missing from the plans are: Roller coasters, funnel cake stands, IMAX theaters, more roller coasters, someone to take your picture then try to sell it to you for 15 bucks as a souvenir, and the "Typhoon Lagoon" water park.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

If they are meeting at Westlake high, they have money. that is a high dollar neighborhood.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Randy Phillips, Pastor of Promiseland West church in Austin, Texas and son of well known Oneness Pentecostal pastor Kenneth Phillips has announced the building plans for his two year old church.

Recently the church purchased property on which they plan to build a $40,000,000.00 (forty million dollar) Church Complex called "Dream City".

The complex will include not only a sanctuary and education complex but a retirement center, park, skate park, basketball courts, etc, etc.

The church currently runs about 800 people and meets in the fine arts auditorium of Westlake High School in West Austin.

The Promiseland West website has a link to a Fox news report about the building plans and also has a basic drawing of the proposed complex.

I am sure this is something that will be built in phases. On the news report they mention that the plan on breaking ground on the project in about a year.

Randy is very frugal and very good managing money so you can bet if he moves forward with this it is on sound financial footing.
Wonderful News!!
Old 10-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
Austin has grown into a large srpawling city and is growing even more. Studies have shown that the vast majority of people will not drive more than 15 minutes to attend church.

It makes sense for there to be several good churches in Austin. In the UPC ones Rex Johnson has a very successful church in South Austin and David Barnard has one in Northwest Austin.

Promiseland also has daughter works South of Austin in San Marcos and to the North in Geogetown and of course one somewhere in the Dallas area.
Rex Johnson will be preaching at my church tomorrow in both services. It is Bro.and Sister Ray Johnsons 36 year celebration Pastoring in Denham Springs.
I can't wait he is one of my favorite preachers.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
They very well might. This might be a case where a few of the members are like the hypothetical example from another thread: Someone who brings in millions a years in tithes.

The only thing missing from the plans are: Roller coasters, funnel cake stands, IMAX theaters, more roller coasters, someone to take your picture then try to sell it to you for 15 bucks as a souvenir, and the "Typhoon Lagoon" water park.
Not at all. I think the idea is to make church a part of the community life. Only about 10% of Austinites attend church right now. If you have a campus that offers community activities you can use it to have a place for good Christian fellowship and as an outreach to bring people in to your church community that might not otherwise darken the door of a church.

I think it is a concept of having he church address more than just a persons spiritual needs but their need for community, physical activity, etc.

Nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:09 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I just listened to your husband preach "When Cedars Fall". Good sermon, and a good reminder to be examples to those unsuspecting "firs" that we influence. I was really touched.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
I just listened to your husband preach "When Cedars Fall". Good sermon, and a good reminder to be examples to those unsuspecting "firs" that we influence. I was really touched.
You do realize he has a goatee?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:14 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
You do realize he has a goatee?
Yeah, I guess I should've said that I ....gasp.... watched it. LOL!
Old 10-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
That sermon had a great effect on our church; really changed some lives. Thanks for the compliment!
Keep listening to the other ones; you might be "comin' our way" before it's over.