Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-06-2016, 01:45 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Admin actions recently taken

I thought the rules stated that admin would not make public announcements or explanations of bannings?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-06-2016, 04:36 AM
Registered Member

Interesting few days. I've been reading and lurking, but this was a surprise.

Not like it matters as I am nobody, but I think Elder Epley has a point. It seems to be happy fun time around here when someone is "poking the bear" by jabbing any conservative Apostolic. Mock us, demean us, ridicule us and its all a big game. Haha those silly old fashioned legalists. They are so ignorant and foolish. Hahaha.

Of course, when one feels pushed too far and they fire back, then it becomes ban time? Hmmm.

Of course, that's not to fully defend EB's actions. I find it odd though that THIS event is what got him in trouble. Has no one really ready the posts he has made in the past year? On many more than a handful of occasions EB has acted like the right wing version of ol' DA and no one ever seemed to object. So why now? Because a big name preacher complained on another forum? As I said, I have just been lurking, but EB has said plenty of offensive and over the line things. He has routinely singled out and badgered other posters. Yet nothing...until he makes a single remark about a big name preacher's kid.

Not arguing at all that infractions and discipline weren't called for. Just concerned that the timing is a bit suspect IMO.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:52 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Great observation.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:02 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk013 View Post
Interesting few days. I've been reading and lurking, but this was a surprise.

Not like it matters as I am nobody, but I think Elder Epley has a point. It seems to be happy fun time around here when someone is "poking the bear" by jabbing any conservative Apostolic. Mock us, demean us, ridicule us and its all a big game. Haha those silly old fashioned legalists. They are so ignorant and foolish. Hahaha.

Of course, when one feels pushed too far and they fire back, then it becomes ban time? Hmmm.

Of course, that's not to fully defend EB's actions. I find it odd though that THIS event is what got him in trouble. Has no one really ready the posts he has made in the past year? On many more than a handful of occasions EB has acted like the right wing version of ol' DA and no one ever seemed to object. So why now? Because a big name preacher complained on another forum? As I said, I have just been lurking, but EB has said plenty of offensive and over the line things. He has routinely singled out and badgered other posters. Yet nothing...until he makes a single remark about a big name preacher's kid.

Not arguing at all that infractions and discipline weren't called for. Just concerned that the timing is a bit suspect IMO.
EB lives by the sword. No one objects to his caustic persona here? I'll go on the record to say I object to how he operates here. I haven't complained or have gone to admin about it, but that doesn't mean I (and I'm certain others) don't object to what he says and how he says it.

Be clear: it isn't because EB is a conservative. There are plenty of conservatives here that are passionate about their convictions and doctrines that never cross the lines he crosses.

But this line is on another level. A young person was harmed as a result of his posts. The admin here can't read and filter every post. What's wrong with admin finding out that on another forum people are exposing the ad hominem and the result? It was wrong and it should be addressed. Kudos to admin for doing the right thing. It's absurd to suggest he's getting picked on because he's conservative. I think he makes many of the conservatives here uncomfortable.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:03 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
So, being polite and decent and refraining from personal insults is only possible when interacting with people you think are "saved", eh?
That is not what I said. It is the behavior of some that I observed through the years spent on this forum, coming from both sides of the aisle. Where they differ is on the issue of who's going to hell.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:33 AM
Registered Member

Thread should be locked.

Forum Rules
"""7. Show respect to the Admin team and all decisions that are made by the team. Do not question Admin actions publicly."""

Any complaints or questions about Admin should be via PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Thread should be locked.

Forum Rules
"""7. Show respect to the Admin team and all decisions that are made by the team. Do not question Admin actions publicly."""

Any complaints or questions about Admin should be via PM.
Hmmmmmm kinda like don't question authority?? Didn't I hear this a lot!!
Old 10-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Administrator

I hope we would all agree that there can be passionate discussions about our various views without personal attacks or insulting other folks family members.

I disagree with the laundry list of man made clothing rules made by ultra cons and may discuss why but I certainly don't and never will point out some specific person or child and ridicule a dress code I don't agree with or think is biblical.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 10-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

I agree with admin's actions.
There have been lot's of "interactions" between posters over the years.
But with the information that had been provided, there was really no other choice, in this instance.
I do hope that admin continues their quest for civility.
It is as important to be correct in our spirit as it is to be correct in our doctrine.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Admins rules for this forum state the decisions shall not be questioned. Why be on the forum if one wishes to disagree with the rules for being on this forum?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."