Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 04-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Christian Persecution increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
You don't attend church either. How convenient that all these people who can't find a church they can agree with enough to belong to, out of hundreds of thousands of churches and denominations, feel justified to condemn everyone who doesn't believe like them.....which for all practical purposes is......everyone.
Village idiot status: Confirmed.

Attend church? You mean, go to a weekly entertainment and motivational seminar sponsored by a govt approved non profit corporation? Hey, do YOU "attend church"? Let me guess, as long as the building has a sign that says "Church" it's good to go, right?

Do catholics "attend church"? How about Unitarian Universalists? Mormons? God expects His people to "attend church" no matter what they believe or preach, right? As long as it's acceptable to JasonB? So Catholics, Mormons, and Hillsong are probably out, but Baptists and Lutherans are in?

Oh, by the way, where is that verse that says "thou shalt attend meetings of any Tom, Dick, and Harry religious club or else"? I seemed to have missed it?

Oh, wait a minute... do you mean "gather with fellow believers to worship, pray, read and study the Word" and that sort of thing?

Yeah, village idiot status confirmed. With flying colors.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-17-2017, 09:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
You happily condemn anyone to hell who doesn't believe like you.

Who exactly is saved in your opinion? You don't even attend a church. I'm starting to have concerns about you. Are you saved? If so why are you so angry at other Christians?
Is this post for me?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
You don't attend church either. How convenient that all these people who can't find a church they can agree with enough to belong to, out of hundreds of thousands of churches and denominations, feel justified to condemn everyone who doesn't believe like them.....which for all practical purposes is......everyone.
Do you drink?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I guess this is what Christian persecution looks like?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

That's why they call him Jason BAD EGO
Old 04-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord!' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the person who does what my Father in heaven wants.

You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.
Let's see what little Jason B had an issue with?

Hmm, what is in the offending post?

Looks like it's all scripture?

Hey, Jay?

Was it because it wasn't all posted in 17th century english which threw you off? You honestly didn't realize that it was scripture? The whole post was scripture?

How funny.

You are a funny guy.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:

Hey, Jay?

Was it because it wasn't all posted in 17th century english which threw you off? You honestly didn't realize that it was scripture? The whole post was scripture?

How funny.

You are a funny guy.
Yes you quote scripture, so do JWs, Jim Jones, David Koresh, and Irvin Baxter. It's not quoting the mere words, but rather rightly dividing the Word, which makes the difference.

You love to quote "few there be that find it" as some defense for your wholesale condemnation of essentially ALL Christians in the history of the world, save the tiny fraction of less than 1% that agree with your private interpretation of scripture. Perhaps it never occurred to you that the few means more than 3 or 4, which is about what you guys whittle salvation down to by the time you apply all your doctrines, standards, and strange interpretations. It speaks volumes when your brand of Christianity is close to that practiced by Gary Reckhart, Steve Winter, and David Manning. What do all y'all have in common? All have a very strange interpretation of the scripture, each believes they are true Christians and essentially everyone else is lost, have little to no fellowship with other Christians outside of their own specialized congregations/circles, and all use for a proof text to justify their strange views which condemn everyone else "Jesus said that there would be few who would be saved."

Such is you guys type MO with scripture. But y'all are hardly the first to butcher the words of Christ or Paul. Carry on, you're not going to stop the mangling of scripture to condemn believers in Christ anymore than JWs are going to stop knocking doors.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 04-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:

Hey, Jay?

How funny.

You are a funny guy.

Who do you think Matthew 7:21-23 applies to? Trinitarians? People who are repentant believers and devoted followers of Christ, yet not baptized with the correct words? Hudson Taylor, Jonathan Edwards, John Wesley, all who you deem not born again?

Interesting thing in our times is that if we wanted to really consider who those claims sound like "prophesy in your name, miracles, cast out demons", that sounds a lot more like pentecostals than all those ole Baptists, Presbyterians, Church of Christ types. Personally I think it has a primary application to charlatans (pentecostal/charismatics) such as Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Aimee Simple McPherson, and that line of people in our time, who are simply filling the role of false prophets and teachers which have always been present for the church to contend with.

I believe a secondary application is of course false conversion, which Jesus deals with in other places, as do Paul and John.

Matthew 7:21-23 is a condemnation of false teachers, wolves in sheeps clothing, not a good proof text for condemning everyone who doesn't speak in tongues to hell. In fact, again I say, the scripture seems to have more more application to pentecostal/charismatic types, which is ironic considering its frequent (mis)use.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 04-18-2017, 05:47 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes you quote scripture, so do JWs, Jim Jones, David Koresh, and Irvin Baxter. It's not quoting the mere words, but rather rightly dividing the Word, which makes the difference.
Jay B, you are having some issues. These issues have nothing to do with my Brother Esaias and I. So, let me point this out to you. One very important fact. My post had nothing but verses. No commentary whatsoever. Just verses. The difference which that makes, is that the Jay Hoves, Jim Joes, David KOs and Irvin Baxter Os use scripture with their commentaries. But with my post, the rightly dividing the Word was left up to YOU!

You were offended by mere verses without any commentary from me.

You then through your upsetness launched your attack.

Quote:
You love to quote "few there be that find it" as some defense for your wholesale condemnation of essentially ALL Christians in the history of the world, save the tiny fraction of less than 1% that agree with your private interpretation of scripture. Perhaps it never occurred to you that the few means more than 3 or 4, which is about what you guys whittle salvation down to by the time you apply all your doctrines, standards, and strange interpretations.
Just scripture Jay? We all must keep in mind that all that was in the post was verses? Was the rock thrown into the pack of dogs? Were you the one who the rock hit? Is this your yelping? I have posted back and forth with you since you started your circle of the drain. What I found is that you have no answers to why I should follow your new form of Christendom? Oh, which you believe to be the old pattern down to Jesus and His apostles. Just like the Jay Hove Witnesses, Joe Smithites, Jim Dead Jones, and Irvin Baxter Zapster. Oh, you mentioned the Cohen? What did Gary do to you? He didn't honor you as a man of the cloth?

Quote:
It speaks volumes when your brand of Christianity is close to that practiced by Gary Reckhart, Steve Winter, and David Manning.

That's quite a line up.

Quote:
What do all y'all have in common?
We would tolerate you for few minutes for entertainment purposes?

Well, I know Steve he has a short fuse, and by the way, you and he are a lot alike. You both believe you are on a mission. David Manning? I don't even know why he was brought into all this? Yet please refrain in explaining why, because I'm not interested. The Cohen? He would give you a few minutes, and in person he would cook you up a really yummy plate of scallop potatoes.

Quote:
All have a very strange interpretation of the scripture, each believes they are true Christians and essentially everyone else is lost,
Oh, that's it. So, you believe you're a true Christian and everyone else is saved? Bravo, I know you don't believe that, because you already went through your Xmas list of who you believe are not saved.

Quote:
have little to no fellowship with other Christians outside of their own specialized congregations/circles, and all use for a proof text to justify their strange views which condemn everyone else "Jesus said that there would be few who would be saved."
So, you went on your journey to have things in common with Baptists and Presbyterian? Another Bravo! Good luck with that Jay Bad. smh.

Quote:
Such is you guys type MO with scripture. But y'all are hardly the first to butcher the words of Christ or Paul. Carry on, you're not going to stop the mangling of scripture to condemn believers in Christ anymore than JWs are going to stop knocking doors.
Just like King Arthur losing to Lancelot, breaking Excalibur.

"Your anger has unseated you."

Listen Jason, the butcher the words of Christ or Paul was done by none other than you. While you would love to filet the meat off my bones to claim some sort of victory over the enemy, you can't see past you being upset at me "personally."

This is personal, nothing else.

I posted nothing more than verses, it was your job to deal with those verses as you determined. You hate me? You hate whatever cherry picked portions of my beliefs you disagree with? Therefore you posted to me as per usual.

You are no better than Gary, Steve, or that Manning guy. Still can't figure that one out, but I'm sure you can muster up a reason. Again, save it. I don't want to know.

Jason you started off as a know it all in your Apostolic journey.

Here you are, and you are not finished yet.

I pray one day you wake up and apologize.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Aquila... it's "whether", not " rather". I've tried not to say anything, but it just bugs me.

lol

(grammar Nazi jokes go here ---> )
No, really, I appreciate that. I get to typing away and sometimes I don't pay attention. lol