Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Will you take Hardwick's approach when you leave, Pastor?
2Th 3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Pro 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
2Th 3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Pro 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Is that a yes? oloroid
Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
DB,

If everyone left there would be no one left to fight. The ways things are going the upci may not even be a major player of the apostolic mesage in the United States in ten years. Legalists aren't the only ones with a stake in the success of the organization. Somebody has to fight fire with firel.

It's hard to have the joy of the Lord when you so-called brothers are destroying souls twice as fast as they are coming in. It seems unfair those guys with blood on their hands will make it to heaven while countless #'s of people will be lost because of undue pressure. Even the apostoles didn't have the guts to do that to their saints. Somebody has to fight for the lost.
Well fight for the lost then and don't get lost fighting a cause that isn't worth fighting. You become the very thing that you detest. I've seen it happen all too many times. People leave the organization because of all the hypocrisy and the holier than thous and the spiritual superiority and judgmentalism. Then they proceed to be hypocritical and look down own UPCers and become smug that they are spiritually superior and they pre-judge those that don't look like them.

Go fight for the lost and leave the church people alone!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
What would have happened to the NT church if Paul decided to move on and not confront they hyporcisy of Peter?
He confronted Peter. He didn't write a book about it and disfellowship him or disfellowship himself from him. Apples and oranges.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
He confronted Peter. He didn't write a book about it and disfellowship him or disfellowship himself from him. Apples and oranges.
He did publish the episode and his thoughts for the entire Church world to read ....
Old 09-03-2007, 10:24 AM
GO CUBBIES!

Quote:
He is in the greater metropolitan tri-state area ... he is working in Jersey City, New Jersey. They have just moved into a building that belonged to the Catholic church ... it fits over 800.

Here is their church website http://www.internationalchurchinfo.org/
okay.....i know who he is now.......
Old 09-03-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Is that a yes? oloroid
Get over your bitterness, Dan. Not everyone is rooting for the UPC to go down in flames to validate ugly attitudes towards former brethren.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Get over your bitterness, Dan. Not everyone is rooting for the UPC to go down in flames to validate ugly attitudes towards former brethren.
Couldn't resist? No bitterness here, Pastor.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedThigh View Post
ok phil my point was that we should obey, but that doesnt make us holy, god makes us holy by his work, you believe what you want and i will continue, i have no intention to argue, we dont believe it the same way, sorry bro, dt
Wrong again! I believe it like you do.. I am righteous because of the impartation of His righteousness into my life. I just wanted you to say it the right way and not imply that morality and holiness made no demands upon our conduct or our appearance.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:29 AM
God's Son

Are you suggesting that we allow the spiritual holocaust to continue?

Quote:
Well fight for the lost then and don't get lost fighting a cause that isn't worth fighting. You become the very thing that you detest. I've seen it happen all too many times. People leave the organization because of all the hypocrisy and the holier than thous and the spiritual superiority and judgmentalism. Then they proceed to be hypocritical and look down own UPCers and become smug that they are spiritually superior and they pre-judge those that don't look like them.

Go fight for the lost and leave the church people alone!

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV