Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

Philippines Missions

I am making my first trip to Mindanao Island, Philippines. Has anyone here been there before? I hear UPC has a pretty good missions in Philippines?
Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Christmas 2009

Re: Philippines Missions

Quote:
Originally Posted by U376977 View Post
I am making my first trip to Mindanao Island, Philippines. Has anyone here been there before? I hear UPC has a pretty good missions in Philippines?
We're going there too, arriving on January 1, 2010. I'm excited about it! We have several churches on Mindanao, and our conference will be in Davao City.

We have tried to go twice before and had to cancel our plans because of terrorist activity, but Davao City is supposed to be safe.

As far as UPC, I have no idea what's there.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Sister Alvear

We too have been there before but not with the UPC.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 08-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

This group is big in the Philippines.
http://www.jmcim.org/
Old 08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

JESUS Miracle Crusade International Ministry (JMCIM) is an apostolic church that believes and embraces the Word of GOD, contained in the Bible, as the sole authority on all spiritual matters. Each and every belief and/or practice strictly adheres to CHRIST's teachings that can be found in the Scriptures. Since there have been numerous versions of the Bible, JMCIM has set the King James Version (KJV) as its official reference.

THE BIBLE

The Holy Bible -- the Word of GOD -- is a spiritual book, written by disciples or men of GOD who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. It holds the answers to all questions about the Supreme Being and everything that relates to our faith and spirituality.

2 Peter 1:20-21 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost."

Now we need the Spirit of GOD to understand spiritual things. Unless GOD gives us heavenly wisdom, the Holy Bible will be just another book. But if we welcome the Spirit of the LORD in our hearts we can never be deceived and He will guide us into all truth, and we'll discover the immensity of the power of GOD's Word -- the Bible -- which is GOD Himself!

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

GODHEAD: ONE GOD, THREE MANIFESTATIONS

There is but one GOD -- JESUS -- who manifested Himself as the Almighty GOD (our Creator), Son (Christ our Savior), and Holy Ghost (the Holy Spirit). These titles (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost) refer to three of GOD's offices, roles, or relationship to humanity; they do not indicate the personification of three separate gods.

1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: GOD was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one GOD, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one LORD JESUS CHRIST, by whom are all things, and we by Him."

Mark 12:32 "... for there is one GOD; and there is none other but He:"

John 10:30 "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one."

BAPTISM

Baptism is one of the key components for salvation. There are, however, two types of baptism -- baptism in water and baptism in the Spirit. The former is done by completely immersing a person's body in water and baptizing him/her in JESUS' name. The latter can only be done by the Spirit of GOD. Baptism is essential because JESUS Himself commanded us to be baptized and, although He is without sin, He had John the Baptist baptize him to set a personal example for us.

Matthew 3:13 "Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him."

Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

This commandment was later reiterated by the disciple Peter in the book of Acts.

Acts 2:38 "... Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of JESUS CHRIST for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

HOLINESS

Holiness is diligently preached and observed by the JMCIM -- whether it be in conversation, appearance, or way of thinking -- for GOD has commanded us to be holy and sin no more after receiving His salvation. And without holiness, we shall never see the LORD.

1 Peter 1:15-16 "But as He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

John 8:11 "... go, and sin no more."

Hebrews 12:14 "Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:"

WORSHIPING AND PRAISING

One of the secrets to JMCIM's spiritual success is the untiring worship and praise it performs everyday. JMCIM may be one of the very few churches (if not the only church) that spends hours upon hours on worshiping and singing praises unto the Almighty GOD. This is because the Bible repeatedly says to worship, praise, and give glory to the most holy LORD through psalms and musical instruments.

Psalms 33:2 "Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery [and] an instrument of ten strings."

Psalms 33:3 "Sing unto Him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise."

Psalms 98:4 "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise."

Psalms 150:6 "Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD ..."

Psalms 29:2 "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness."

WEBCAST | MESSAGE BOARDS | EVENTS & ACTIVITIES | SITE INDEX

JMCIM.org
Created for the greater glory of our Lord and Savior, dearest JESUS.
Send your feedback and inquiries here.