Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

God can touch people with Alzheimer's disease.

My father developed Alzheimer's last year around June. Right before his dementia grew worse he requested to be baptized in Jesus name. When I see him and hear him talk it is nothing but a pure miracle from God. Even though he has forgotten a lot of things he has not forgotten about God. In fact, Jesus is all he talks about which is something he never did before. He was a heroin addict and wanted nothing to do with God. This week he began asking to be filled with the Holy Spirit. On his way back from church today he began shouting and asking for the Holy Spirit. He specifically said that he wanted to speak in tongues. Please pray for him, that God would give him the desire of his heart.
I pray daily to have the heart of David and the boldness of Elijah. To be simple and humble not proud. To reflect Christ in the way I talk, dress and above all to be a true worshiper and lover of Gods holiness.

Last edited by yvette210; 12-14-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:27 PM

Re: God can touch people with Alzheimer's disease.

It is written:

If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

btw, I really like your "sig line".

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 12-14-2014, 10:47 PM
On the road less traveled

I will definitely pray for your father Yvette, that the spirit of the Lord would fill him to overflowing
Old 12-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

I will pray for him, but also would encourage you to remind your father that the baptism of the Holy Ghost is a "gift" which is "promised" to ALL who will repent and be immersed in the waters of baptism "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ." Seeing that your father has done these things, then he MUST believe that the "gift" is his to simply receive. I shall pray that he does that.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:08 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
I will pray for him, but also would encourage you to remind your father that the baptism of the Holy Ghost is a "gift" which is "promised" to ALL who will repent and be immersed in the waters of baptism "in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ." Seeing that your father has done these things, then he MUST believe that the "gift" is his to simply receive. I shall pray that he does that.
Amen!

Yvette, praying for your dad!
Old 12-20-2014, 12:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvette210 View Post
My father developed Alzheimer's last year around June. Right before his dementia grew worse he requested to be baptized in Jesus name. When I see him and hear him talk it is nothing but a pure miracle from God. Even though he has forgotten a lot of things he has not forgotten about God. In fact, Jesus is all he talks about which is something he never did before. He was a heroin addict and wanted nothing to do with God. This week he began asking to be filled with the Holy Spirit. On his way back from church today he began shouting and asking for the Holy Spirit. He specifically said that he wanted to speak in tongues. Please pray for him, that God would give him the desire of his heart.
As someone who has had early onset dementia affect a family member I know what you are facing and am praying for both your father and you. It is wonderful that your father has given his life to the Lord before this disease has affected his mental state to the point he would not be able to make that decision.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Thank you so much for your prayers. Yes, it has been quite an unexpected struggle. He is no longer eating because he has forgotten how to swallow. Thankfully, the doctors agreed to a feeding tube because he is still very alert. It is a miracle that he made it to church with us for the Christmas program. It was wonderful seeing him raise his hands and clapping for the Lord. I know he wont be with us much longer, I just want to be sure he is ready when his time comes.
I pray daily to have the heart of David and the boldness of Elijah. To be simple and humble not proud. To reflect Christ in the way I talk, dress and above all to be a true worshiper and lover of Gods holiness.