Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Blessed and Highly Favored

Re: Apostolic Assembly News-surprising footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
Interesting comments.
What are your thoughts about the press release shown above in post #13?

The AA general board are great at covering up things. The heat is on so they have to some up with a press release and act like everything is fine. Yet the church is falling apart. So basically they are more concerned with their image, rather than being concerned about the truth and the church.
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
Our assistant pastor had a phone call from a friend who told him that he had been having dreams, visions, and whatever else you may want to call it about the church and he said it is his opinion that the next 24 months is going to be the worst the APOSTOLIC/PENTECOSTAL churches have had. He said he believes that in the next 2 years there will be a great change in the church and that people will find out who their friends are and will find out who really loves God. He also seems to believe that at the end of that period there will be a group emerge that is less divided. There will be more fellowship among the groups. To me it seemed he was saying that all the groups are going to experience it and that the ones that come through it all will be more united with each other no matter what organization they are with. Then he says there will be great revival.
I am only repeating what I had heard in a conversation with our assistant pastor. He never named his friend but he did say the guy had been trying to reach him for a few months and had not been able to.
I personally hope that he is at least partially right. I would love to see more UNITY.

i believe he is on to something. sounds similar to what others
are seeing in their spirit too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm05 View Post
The AA general board are great at covering up things. The heat is on so they have to some up with a press release and act like everything is fine. Yet the church is falling apart. So basically they are more concerned with their image, rather than being concerned about the truth and the church.
I would like to read the entire ruling ... it's seems to me that we got snippets of the ruling.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Many have admitted this to me also. JUST WAITING.

One positive aspect of the younger crowd is that they are not hearing or could care less about the inner feuds that have existed for years withing their org or between fellowships.

But they'll have their fueds too Dan. The young always think
the Old were wrong on everything and that they will do things
perfectly UNTIl they step into power. that seems to change
people.

what I see is, God is going to do something with people
that are done with polictics
Old 06-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
BUt there is a choice in the UPC has to how you
want to set it up. some of it requires a vote from the
members though
That is true. In the AA the church members can not vote a pastor in. Many times the AA will appoint men who should not even be pastors. I've seen it happen and that is why a lot of AA churches do not grow. In Whittier,CA., Pastor Hernandez (FLC) passed away earlier this year. The members were not given the choich to vote in a pastor. The AA will chose who they want, not the members, be the pastor. So they can basically bring in a stranger instead of a faithful member of FLC who deserves to be pastor.

I do know the UPC, the church members vote in a pastor. I remember when then Pastor K. Haney was voted as the Bishop of the UPC, his son Nathaniel Haney was voted in by the congregation. Just because Pastor Haney was Bishop Haney's son, did not mean Nathaniel would become the pastor. He was voted in.

I am just glad I am out of the AA.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
You are so right.

As you know, we have fellowshipped with AA for many years.
Many of their younger pastors have told me recently that they
are losing their youth by the grooves - Maybe they see thru all
of this ??? although what i'm told is there is a major generational
/cultural war going on within its ranks

That is so right. Not to be rude or disrespectful, because I still have family members who are ministers and a pastor in the AA, but back in the day they were "dumb." Nobody questioned those in authority. Whatever they said was right, no questions asked. Now we have youth and even elders who are seeing behind the lies and corruption. I have friends who I grew up with in the AA that left and are so bitter with the AA, including my mom.

So much has gone on in the AA but was covered up, now it's coming out and the general board can no longer cover up. Its about time their lies come out!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm05 View Post
That is so right. Not to be rude or disrespectful, because I still have family members who are ministers and a pastor in the AA, but back in the day they were "dumb." Nobody questioned those in authority. Whatever they said was right, no questions asked. Now we have youth and even elders who are seeing behind the lies and corruption. I have friends who I grew up with in the AA that left and are so bitter with the AA, including my mom.

So much has gone on in the AA but was covered up, now it's coming out and the general board can no longer cover up. Its about time their lies come out!!!

It's the hand of God in these Last days jdm. He's uncovering
all kinds of stuff. There is some things that are going to eventually
come out in other organizations that is going to cause such a
shaking like no one has ever seen. it's not only AA trust me
Old 06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
That first video sounds scary
That's what I was thinking. If it had been about the IRS or some other federal agency, there would probably be some investigating potential terrorist threats.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 06-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

The change is coming. Local fellowships are beginning to break away from organizational and denominational ranks, and those dedicated to those ranks are now fighting tooth and nail to keep power outside the grasp of the local assemby. Orgs and denoms are ceasing to be as much of importance as local fellowship and worldwide outreach and evangelism.

As we grow, I see less titles dividing, and more unity. What the members if the church are doing will set a standard. They will build a strong centralzed localassembly, with a greater worldwide outreach. At least, if I were in their shoes, that is what I would do.

JMHO
Old 06-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Administrator

If the congregations are behind these pastors being evicted from their churches what is to stop them from taking the congregation and startng over as an independent church or as part of another Apostolic / Pentecostal org.?