Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 03-21-2018, 12:04 AM
Registered Member

Re: TD Jakes' influence among Oneness Pentecostals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
Jakes was ordained by a so-called Apostolic institution and his church was, at least as recently as 2016, affiliated with the UPCI. Here is why I ask, because I have no context for the UPCI or other Oneness Pentecostal denominations of which I have never been neither would be a part of.
Neither Jakes nor The Potter's House in TX have been affiliated with the UPCI.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:58 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
I freely state I am no fan of Jakes neither maintain the so-called Oneness view. However, Jakes seems to have reaching influence across evangelicalism despite his being part of Oneness Pentecostalism. I can recall finding in non-denominational and even Assemblies of God churches prior to altogether leaving continuationism where there was Jakes' materials or him being the topic of discussion. How broad is his influence among the various Oneness orders? Is he a fair representation of what one would find id he sauntered into a Oneness church? Might the moderatora pardon if I have posted in the wrong subforum, but he does appear to be rather relevant among this Oneness movement.
you are misinformed, pretentious, and unpleasant
Old 03-21-2018, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Neither Jakes nor The Potter's House in TX have been affiliated with the UPCI.
Proverbs 9:8, 25:11.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
you are misinformed, pretentious, and unpleasant
Thank you for the warm, welcoming blessing and information! I have only spent the last several years studying the word now at 45 chapters a day and nearly all subjects of theology pursuant to Proverbs 14:15 and I Thessalonians 5:17-21. But hey, thanks for the warm insult just like the devil does for ensuring I have properly represented TD Jakes and not misrepresented Oneness Pentecostalism I already admitted to having no experience with after 21 years in Trinitarian mainline Pentecostalism! How I just love to be berated by a scorner and false accuser for doing my homework, much less one whose baseless shooting out of the mouth (Psalm 22:7) does NOTHING to help a Trinitarian with his research! Proverbs 1:22, 3:34, 9:7-8, 13:1, 14:6, 15:12. Next thing I know I will be told sarcasm is an unpardonable sin... I Peter 3.8-12, and may the Lord if he will smile on you.

Last edited by Strict Baptist; 03-21-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Pretentious
1 : characterized by pretension: such as
a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) ·the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him
—Richard Watts
b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature
Old 03-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Go to a UPCI church near you and attend.

You researching a religion, get around the actual people who practice it.

A forums and social media isn't research. Putting down Apostolic forum in your bibliography isn't a good look.
I'm not a professional researcher. My pending employment is subject to many confidentiality agreements and thus not up for discussion, ever. Researching unorthodox sects (the term cult is rather inaccurate and unhelpful) is a hobby at which I'm well equipped normally, though not in the case of Oneness; has it occurred to you the Oneness churches here are inaccessible? It is literally almost in another city which would make access without transportation impossible. The closest bus stop makes for a mile walk at least across a busy multi-lane highway with ten seconds on the crosswalk. I'm not one to beg or burden someone unnecessarily, which doubtless is a burden that assembly is bound to be strained in undertaking on a weekly basis to properly collect the needed data. Besides, there is a facet of research for those outside a church setting since programmed behavior is to be expected within the assemblies' meeting hall.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Jakes was ordained by a so-called Apostolic institution and his church was, at least as recently as 2016, affiliated with the UPCI. Here is why I ask, because I have no context for the UPCI or other Oneness Pentecostal denominations of which I have never been neither would be a part of.
Not true at all.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:48 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Strict Baptist,

I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot, maybe we can begin again.

How do your beliefs align with the teachings/ministry of Bill Graham? would you say he is a fair representation of what one would find if one attended your fellowship?
(before he passed on to his just reward of course)

Last edited by Amanah; 03-21-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

This has been educational and I think this thread served its purpose. Ironically, a video on Strict & Particular Baptist Radio is the most viewed on my channel about Tyler Perry as well as Mr Jakes being possible free masons based on their most odd gesture resembling the Ma-Ha-Bone grip of blue lodge free masonry, a theosophic, Gnostic solar-phallic Luciferian sect in its own right. There will have to be an update in the description Jakes is no longer a modalist, or at least has so softened his views as to be rejected by the Oneness camp. I'm simply glad to comprehend he is probably a better representation of the Positive Confession schism than of neo-Sabellianism. It is never my intention to misrepresent a group even if radically differing from its doctrines.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I'm not a professional researcher. My pending employment is subject to many confidentiality agreements and thus not up for discussion, ever.
Wow, that's so cool. You are either a Navy Seal or a Secret Agent?

Quote:
Researching unorthodox sects (the term cult is rather inaccurate and unhelpful) is a hobby at which I'm well equipped normally,
Hmm, you have a top secret job, but have lots of free time?

Quote:
though not in the case of Oneness; has it occurred to you the Oneness churches here are inaccessible?
No, it hasn't occurred to me, and why should it? I haven't the foggiest idea where you live. But now I know you have a top secret job, and live on a secluded area on the side of a freeway?

Quote:
It is literally almost in another city which would make access without transportation impossible.
Ok, call them up and they will come to you.

Quote:
The closest bus stop makes for a mile walk at least across a busy multi-lane highway with ten seconds on the crosswalk.
Call Uber.

Quote:
I'm not one to beg or burden someone unnecessarily, which doubtless is a burden that assembly is bound to be strained in undertaking on a weekly basis to properly collect the needed data.
How far is the church you currently attend? Or is that something you cannot discuss?

Quote:
Besides, there is a facet of research for those outside a church setting since programmed behavior is to be expected within the assemblies' meeting hall.
Programmed behavior? Oh, you mean the they are led by the Holy Ghost? Well, isn't that what you are looking for? Have you ever been to a UPC One God Jesus name church? Sure beats that stale dryer than a mummy's pocket Baptist stuff. Hey, you won't doze off to sleep in a UPC church.