Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

Bind With Me In Prayer

Brothers and Sisters,

I realize I haven't been a part of Apostolic Friends Forum too long, but I felt led to reach out to all of you to bind with me in prayer. I am facing a major decision in my life. Well, I suppose that all depends on how you look at what I am facing. I am a college-aged young adult with divorced parents. Right now I am living with my Father and Bonus Mom (we don't do the "step" thing around here), and my two brothers (who are biologically only my Bonus Mom's sons). I have been rotating my weeks between my Father and Mother's houses, especially since my latest semester of college concluded.

Here's where my issue comes in. I have come to realize that I am quite simply not happy living with my Father and Bonus Mom. No matter how I pray or try to convince myself that I am happy here, I always end up feeling empty and longing for something different. The time I spend with my Mother leads me to be more fulfilled overall. The bond I have with her has been shaky in the past, but in the past year or so, we have gotten exceptionally close all over again.

To make a long story as short as I can, I want to move in with my Mother. To clarify, both of my biological parents are in church; they have repented, been dunked in Jesus' Name, and received the Holy Ghost. Of course, they attend different churches, my Father's being far stricter than my Mother's. I have gotten close to the members of my Mother's church over the past year, and I recently spoke with the pastor's wife about the issue(s) I am facing and the pull I have to move in with my Mother. Aside from simply moving in with Mother, I feel more of a calling and sense of purpose at my Mother's church. It seems I am more at home there. I feel like I have a calling to be there for this church's younger group, and help them to remain steadfast, stay on fire, and be a powerful next generation.

Please, I reach out to all of you to help me pray about this situation. My Father is a God-fearing and Spirit-filled man, but he is not always the easiest person one can talk to. I fear his feelings will be hurt, and also the church family I have been a part of with him for the past three years.

In Jesus' Name,
Brother Belflower
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Bind With Me In Prayer

Dear Brother, have you consulted with your Mom to see how she feels about your desire to move in full time with her?
Old 05-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Dear Brother, have you consulted with your Mom to see how she feels about your desire to move in full time with her?
My Mom would be like "Dear, I love you so much! But, NO."

lol

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Yes, I have discussed it with her many different times. She is for it.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro.Belflower View Post
Yes, I have discussed it with her many different times. She is for it.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:06 AM
of 9!! :)

Praying for you Bro Belflower.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
Praying for you Bro Belflower.
I appreciate your prayers.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to read what I have written, and especially those that have went a step further and helped me pray about this situation.

I still know and fell genuinely that I wish to move in with my Mother. In the past few days, I have had a few opportunities to discuss the decision I am wishing to make with my Father, but I just cannot seem to kick-start it. Actually, a couple of nights ago, he brought the topic up to me, but I quite honestly did not feel like that was the time to discuss anything with him. (He was not in the best of moods, he was tired, and I didn't think it was right time.) I am debating on whether to tell him before I leave for my Mother's for Mother's Day, or wait until I return some time in the middle of next week. I'm unsure how and when. Every time I pray, however, I am asking the Lord to give me the right words at the right time to discuss this decision with my Father.

Your continued prayers would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

Hey Brother i have a few things to say, just some basic things.
1. are you submitted to your pastor?
2. what does he think of your desire to move?
Read this and think about it. Just because a person feels like doing something for whatever reason i.e. feel a pull, or fit in or see a better future in some place doesn't mean its the will of God.
another thing to think about is this. it is not a good idea to leave a stronger church and go to a church that preaches a lesser message and a lesser standard of holiness and separation.

My Brother i dont know you but i do know this the best thing to do is the will of God. You must be where you can be saved and not have to question if the things that are allowed in the lives of saints and the church is godly or not.

hope all works out to God's glory.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro.Belflower View Post
Brothers and Sisters,

I realize I haven't been a part of Apostolic Friends Forum too long, but I felt led to reach out to all of you to bind with me in prayer. I am facing a major decision in my life. Well, I suppose that all depends on how you look at what I am facing. I am a college-aged young adult with divorced parents. Right now I am living with my Father and Bonus Mom (we don't do the "step" thing around here), and my two brothers (who are biologically only my Bonus Mom's sons). I have been rotating my weeks between my Father and Mother's houses, especially since my latest semester of college concluded.

Here's where my issue comes in. I have come to realize that I am quite simply not happy living with my Father and Bonus Mom. No matter how I pray or try to convince myself that I am happy here, I always end up feeling empty and longing for something different. The time I spend with my Mother leads me to be more fulfilled overall. The bond I have with her has been shaky in the past, but in the past year or so, we have gotten exceptionally close all over again.

To make a long story as short as I can, I want to move in with my Mother. To clarify, both of my biological parents are in church; they have repented, been dunked in Jesus' Name, and received the Holy Ghost. Of course, they attend different churches, my Father's being far stricter than my Mother's. I have gotten close to the members of my Mother's church over the past year, and I recently spoke with the pastor's wife about the issue(s) I am facing and the pull I have to move in with my Mother. Aside from simply moving in with Mother, I feel more of a calling and sense of purpose at my Mother's church. It seems I am more at home there. I feel like I have a calling to be there for this church's younger group, and help them to remain steadfast, stay on fire, and be a powerful next generation.

Please, I reach out to all of you to help me pray about this situation. My Father is a God-fearing and Spirit-filled man, but he is not always the easiest person one can talk to. I fear his feelings will be hurt, and also the church family I have been a part of with him for the past three years.

In Jesus' Name,
Brother Belflower
BB,

I am joining you in prayer about your situation. Since you are an adult is there some problem with you choosing to live with one parent over the other? I would think it should be your decision as a young adult. Your parents obviously live reasonably close to each other since you are currently splitting time between them so choosing one to live with does not mean you could not see the other one on a very regular basis.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"