Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Banned

Are Your Borders Increasing?

or do they seem to be getting smaller? See that there is a spiritual reflection of this physical example; and your borders are meant to increase there. Do you believe pretty much like you believed 5 years ago? 10 years ago? This indicates a problem; your understanding should have undergone big shifts in that time.

God utilizes the analogy--and the reality--of decreasing and increasing borders to get your attention--to send a warning, or provide an occasion for joy. Your borders might appear to be crashing in on you right now, in the seen; but those are not where the greatest joy lies. Things you hold dear might seem to be withering before your eyes; accept that they are not really important. The pain lies in the attachment.

Increasing your borders spiritually entails everything inherent in the physical model; desire, seeking, development, daring, sacrifice, patience. And harvest.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Re: Are Your Borders Increasing?

Good points!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Yes sir! Mine are! In the last 12 years my borders have increased by at least 3 pant sizes!

God is good!

Old 06-21-2014, 05:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
Increasing your borders spiritually entails everything inherent in the physical model; desire, seeking, development, daring, sacrifice, patience. And harvest.
"daring to overcome."
Old 06-21-2014, 08:18 AM
On the road less traveled

Great thought, Shazeep!

Throughout the NT, believers are referred to as pilgrims and strangers in this earth. So, borders should not pose a problem to us, as we are constantly moving, and never really finding a place to call home, and never feeling really "at home" in this world. As such, your analogy of borders would come into play. As we follow the Lord, He leads us in paths, ways, and places that are difficult for us, but if we continue to trust Him, the difficulties become the greatest joy in our life.

Hebrews 13:14 "For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come."

Hebrews 11:13-14 "... and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country."
Old 06-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Banned

well put. yet people here are still buying houses

"The Breach. The nation that had long known blessing and security witnesses the failure of its defenses. Its walls of protection are broken through, its national security is breached, and its illusion of invincibility shattered. The days of the Harbingers begin."
Old 06-22-2014, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
well put. yet people here are still buying houses

"The Breach. The nation that had long known blessing and security witnesses the failure of its defenses. Its walls of protection are broken through, its national security is breached, and its illusion of invincibility shattered. The days of the Harbingers begin."
So what does buying houses have to do with enlarging our borders?

Do you mean that spiritually they are putting their investments into things of this world? Thus the houses you are speaking of are figurative?

Can you expound on this thought please?
Old 06-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Banned

hmm, not sure why i put it that way...oh ya, pilgrims don't buy houses, at least in my mind. and yeh, they sure become figurative when they are foreclosed on! but i see that this is a 'if the shoe fits' kind of scenario, too--my boss, a casual believer (i would call him) buys houses 10 at a time, for 10 cents on the dollar; but i could not describe him as a pilgrim.

buying a house is also physically establishing a border...in the same way that a mortgage will make one a slave, a property line requires protection and defense. not sure if i'm saying 'don't ever buy a house' or not...to everything a time, i guess.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Banned

Are you aware of what your government Reps did, the 2500 year old curse that they followed, word for word? If you search the following quote,

you will get what strikes me as a chillingly accurate look at America as seen through the lens of Isaiah. Although who may have actually been responsible for 911 is hotly debated, you will see that that becomes irrelevant.