Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-25-2018, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

When Will We Be With The Lord? Video

Will we be with the Lord the moment we die? Would we rather have the truth? Or a comfort that is not real.

15 min.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:19 AM
Banned

Re: When Will We Be With The Lord? Video

I was always taught that we (the church) have spiritual family in Heaven (brothers and sisters) who have gone on before us.
Ephesians 3:14-15 (KJV)
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Old 04-26-2018, 10:55 AM
Covenant Apostolic

if no one is in heaven till after the tribulation, then who are these people:
Revelation 7:9-17 9After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." 11All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying: "Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!" 13Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes-who are they, and where did they come from?" 14I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence. 16'Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them,' nor any scorching heat. 17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; 'he will lead them to springs of living water.' 'And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'"
Revelation 14:1-5 1Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144, 000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. 2And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144, 000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

Last edited by Amanah; 04-26-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I was always taught that we (the church) have spiritual family in Heaven (brothers and sisters) who have gone on before us.
Ephesians 3:14-15 (KJV)
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
God has children beside us.

Luke 20:34-37

34And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Job 38:7

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Yes we do have family in Heaven now but not the dead saints.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
God has children beside us.

Luke 20:34-37

34And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: 35But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: 36Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Job 38:7

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Yes we do have family in Heaven now but not the dead saints.
Luke 20:36 is referring to the seven brothers from the preceding verses.

Job 38:7 is referring to angels.

Where in the Bible does is say there are others in Heaven who are not angels nor dead saints?
Old 04-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
if no one is in heaven till after the tribulation, then who are these people:
Revelation 7:9-17 9After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." 11All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying: "Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!" 13Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes-who are they, and where did they come from?" 14I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence. 16'Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them,' nor any scorching heat. 17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; 'he will lead them to springs of living water.' 'And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'"
Revelation 14:1-5 1Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144, 000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. 2And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144, 000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.
The answer to paragraph one is found here.

"These in white robes-who are they, and where did they come from?" 14I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation;[/

A vision given several thousand years ago that has not yet come to pass. These will face the beast at the appointed time in the great tribulation. After it is over, which in the vision it apparently is, they will be gathered to Christ and be given eternal life.

The answer to paragraph 2 is similar.

The verses just before this snapshot vision Rev 13:7-18 are showing many saints being slain by the beast. The visions in Rev are given to encourage those who are suffering persecution, showing the glorious future they will have if they endure.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 04-26-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
The answer to paragraph one is found here.

"These in white robes-who are they, and where did they come from?" 14I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation;[/

A vision given several thousand years ago that has not yet come to pass. These will face the beast at the appointed time in the great tribulation. After it is over, which in the vision it apparently is, they will be gathered to Christ and be given eternal life.

The answer to paragraph 2 is similar.

The verses just before this snapshot vision Rev 13:7-18 are showing many saints being slain by the beast. The visions in Rev are given to encourage those who are suffering persecution, showing the glorious future they will have if they endure.
I guess it depends on how linear the narrative is, because the tribulation continues until Revelation 19 and the resurrection does not happen until Revelation 20.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

So is there any comment on the point of the message that Paul said at the resurrection and the rapture we would ever BE WITH THE LORD:

1 Thess 4:17

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Is this not simply a referral to what Jesus said here...John 14:2-3

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus said and Paul simply repeated WHEN WE WILL BE WITH THE LORD.

At his coming!
Old 04-27-2018, 07:27 AM
Banned

I was reflecting on this text earlier this morning...
Luke 23:39-43 English Standard Version (ESV)
39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
It would appear that the thief who was contrite over his sin entered paradise upon death.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I was reflecting on this text earlier this morning...
Luke 23:39-43 English Standard Version (ESV)
39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
It would appear that the thief who was contrite over his sin entered paradise upon death.
The puncuation marks were placed by men and were not inspired of God. Many believe it should have the comma like so.

42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise.”

It does not change the Greek text at all. The placing of the comma is purely the translators opinion.