Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Re: What is going on here?

So is there a consensus among todays Pentecostals that their style of praise needs to be re examined?
Old 10-14-2018, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

It's an interesting video but for all the judgment going on it was kind of short IMO. There's no telling the context of the service and what led to the man dancing on the pulpit.
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Gaffney Bible Fellowship
Old 10-14-2018, 01:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So is there a consensus among todays Pentecostals that their style of praise needs to be re examined?
Yeah 5 posters on one forum makes a consensus for today's Pentecostals.

Good luck with that.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Who said Pentecostal style of praise needs to be reexamined? Please quote the post, because I don't believe anyone has posted such a thing. I certainly don't believe it.

I disagree with the dude doing the running man on the pulpit. I also disagree with praise dancers and choreographed dance in the church. I disagree with dudes jumping on the pulpit while they're preaching.

That doesn't mean I'm against people running the aisles or dancing in the aisle, etc. And I certainly don't believe Pentecostal praise needs to be reexamined.

Just have a bit of common sense. Don't be a showboat.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Who said Pentecostal style of praise needs to be reexamined? Please quote the post, because I don't believe anyone has posted such a thing. I certainly don't believe it.

I disagree with the dude doing the running man on the pulpit. I also disagree with praise dancers and choreographed dance in the church. I disagree with dudes jumping on the pulpit while they're preaching.

That doesn't mean I'm against people running the aisles or dancing in the aisle, etc. And I certainly don't believe Pentecostal praise needs to be reexamined.

Just have a bit of common sense. Don't be a showboat.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
And leave snarky remarks because there’s a smoke machine in the background of a preaching clip
Some of you guys will never get it. Just sit there and patty cake for Jesus while the rest of us will give a sacrifice of praise. Its not going to be a good ending for the lukewarm. Why not praise God with all you have? Isn't God worthy?
Old 10-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Some of you guys will never get it. Just sit there and patty cake for Jesus while the rest of us will give a sacrifice of praise. Its not going to be a good ending for the lukewarm. Why not praise God with all you have? Isn't God worthy?
Literally no one has posted in this thread that people shouldn't praise God. Just don't be a showboat, dancing on the pulpit.

Run the aisle if you wish. Dance, jump, jerk, spin around if you desire. No need to jump on the pulpit and draw attention to yourself.

Quote:
Isn't God worthy?
Of course He is. That's a stupid question.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Literally no one has posted in this thread that people shouldn't praise God. Just don't be a showboat, dancing on the pulpit.

Run the aisle if you wish. Dance, jump, jerk, spin around if you desire. No need to jump on the pulpit and draw attention to yourself.

Of course He is. That's a stupid question.
Are you an adult? Was David a showboat? He danced in front of all Israel half naked. Would you tell David he is just showboating? Maybe you and David's wife share a common spirit.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Are you an adult?
Another dumb question.

Quote:
Was David a showboat? He danced in front of all Israel half naked. Would you tell David he is just showboating?
No, David did not dance "in front of all Israel half naked." He was wearing a linen ephod, not his royal garments. He was not naked nor was he "half naked."

Since you bring David up, no, he wasn't showboating. In fact, quite the opposite. By stripping himself of his royal garments and putting on the linen ephod, he humbled himself -- which is why Micah was so upset.

Quote:
Maybe you and David's wife share a common spirit.
So because I don't agree with a dude jumping on a pulpit, I'm contemptuous of all worship? Get out of here with that junk, man.

I have jumped. I have run the aisle. I have danced and spun around. I don't despise praise.

Personally, I don't like choreographed praise dancers. I don't agree with the churches which allow women to twerk and dance in front of the church for a show. I don't agree with preachers jumping on pulpits or running the tops of pews during their messages.

That doesn't mean I'm contemptuous of all praise. It certainly doesn't mean I "share a common spirit" with Micah.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

BOSM - BUNCH OF SINNER MESS.

Call me judgmental. Say I "share a common spirit" with Micah. I don't care.