Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Re: Sex Before Marriage: Does God Approve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
It's just because Charnock came on blasting how terrible AFF is and was met with some resistance. I believe he was reaching out to try and make a point, but it's only proved that we aren't a bunch of heathens as he stated.

It hasn't proved anything. It's shown that there are some folks, who call themselves Pentecostals, who believe it's permissible to sleep around before marriage.

That's not really surprising considering the clientele.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Mrs Bratty's post are once again on target!

"Choosing" to love someone.

What a concept in a world where we are taught the primary question is our feelings and "falling" in (or out) of "love"!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-31-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post

It hasn't proved anything. It's shown that there are some folks, who call themselves Pentecostals, who believe it's permissible to sleep around before marriage.

Which folks in particular are you referring to Charnock?

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 08-31-2010, 05:17 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Crakjak or Aquila should chime in ... they can tell us its wrong but no biggie because no one goes to hell eternally and we're all saved anyway ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
Immoral sexual behavior produces hellish life situations, but God is still God and restoration is His business. Condemning Pharisees make these situations worst by their lack of wisdom and love for those caught in the immaturity and ignorance of the wages of sin.

How's that Danny Boy? LOL
Bump
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 08-31-2010, 07:39 PM
My Family!

Quote:

One poster. Come on.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:42 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Which folks in particular are you referring to Charnock?
He's speaking evangelistically - - the only one that alluded to it was allstate and I'm not sure if he claims to be Pentecostal or not.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
He's speaking evangelistically - - the only one that alluded to it was allstate and I'm not sure if he claims to be Pentecostal or not.

Perhaps more importantly...

In spite of all the other hyperbole in this thread, Allstate has also stated he believes it "is sin" in post 398.

"I do believe it is a sin!"

Last edited by Hoovie; 08-31-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Perhaps more importantly...

In spite of all the other hyperbole in this thread, Allstate has also stated he believes it "is sin" in post 398.

"I do believe it is a sin!"
Yes, glad you pointed that out.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate1 View Post
I have seen it happen more than just a few times! I do believe it is a sin! The UPC and other conservative orgs. need to have educated counceling for these people and not some beatem down preacher!! Pastors should be required to have several hours of councel education including family,addictions,and grief.
It is the other way around. Counseling professionals need pastorial education. Most secular counsellling is a waste of money. In some cases we see them take 5 sessions and not derive a "presenting problem"

Some people claim depression and we have become a Prozac nation. Under that sometimes a little repenting clears it right up.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

One Person. Didn't say it was permissible (He said God does not approve), I didn't see him say he is Pentecostal, but maybe he is...you ever hear of a blunderbuster? That's what you got. You might want to trade it in with something that shoots straight and has a scope on it, because not only are you just shooting off like nuts, you are shooting all over the place but in the right direction

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.